Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vladimir Putin posted:

Well has Mayweather ever fought someone with a 0-0 record?

3 times, including Conor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
No one cares about cotton vs Iomega whatever, only thing that matters is McGregor KOing mayweather with a big right hand, (yeah I'm calling it won't be the left)

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, this could be Cotto's last fight, too. Hell of a career. Cotto-Margarito II is probably the most satisfying avenging of a loss in the past decade of boxing (sorry JMM).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgwDWSoK2fM

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DaFrugalGamer posted:

No one cares about cotton vs Iomega whatever, only thing that matters is McGregor KOing mayweather with a big right hand, (yeah I'm calling it won't be the left)

What are the odds on left vs right?

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hard to say, I put my odds at around 500 for the right hand, but if you asked the general population they would have it much lower. Easy money or you ask me

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Nobody can take that right hand shot

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
What time is the main event expected to start?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Main card starts at 9 with 3 title fights before the money fight. If all the title fights end in first round KO, maybe 10:30. If all the fights go the distance, maybe midnight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yo I put this in the OP you lazy man

11, but that's probably the earliest it could be

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

threeagainstfour posted:

Nobody can take that right hand shot

This. Mcgregor has something up his sleeve, but it's not what you might think, it's his arm. The one arm no one is expecting.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

6/9

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3 fights first, plus a poo poo-ton of padding and pageantry. I'd say 12.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[in mike Goldberg voice] AND IT IS ALL OVER! CONDOR MCGREGOR SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS!!!

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

lol at ufc fans naively thinking boxing events run on any kind of reliable time schedule just because that happens in the ufc and could also be done in boxing 😂🤣

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
who is doing the ring announcing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[in mike Goldberg voice] AND IT IS ALL OVER! CONDOR MCGREGOR SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS!!!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Paulie revealed the Secret to Money

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If Conor wins I'll change my avatar to his dick

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

...and the pitch! posted:

I'm going to put my money on Super Mario.

He's got the hand speed. And the heart of a true champion. And rings. I'm assuming he'd be allowed to wear them in the ring.

https://youtu.be/4PQZDjMf3cU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
He scared

https://twitter.com/BoxingBritain1/status/901422016955379712

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

here's a version with the proper arm length for lobov

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

What was he expecting

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Main event is after 8pm California time, the only time that matters.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope McGregor wins if just for the fact that a ton of bookies will lose their shirts on it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I.N.R.I posted:

What was he expecting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
MMA fans may not know this, but Leonard ellerbe wants to sexually gently caress Floyd Mayweather

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
like if you've ever joked about the overt homoeroticism of mma but not seen a mayweather fight by the end of the first round you're going to become acutely aware that at any moment leonard ellerbe could lose control and start jacking off floyd in the ring

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
We're probably going to see Brendan Schaub's dick pretty soon.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Nice

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Conner has already won

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

MMA fans may not know this, but Leonard ellerbe wants to sexually gently caress Floyd Mayweather

Still devastated I can't find that one YouTube video with Ellerbe rubbing up Floyd and enjoying it greatly to the tune of "I Want Muscles."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
McGregor getting disqualified and not getting any money would be the funniest outcome

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Speaking of fight times Miguel Cotto's fight broadcast starts at 9:45 est with I think one televised undercard. The guy hosting our fight party has HBO and three TVs in his living room so I'll be able to watch that card live tonight. The main event is definitely worth watching, could be a real good action fight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Speaking of fight times Miguel Cotto's fight broadcast starts at 9:45 est with I think one televised undercard. The guy hosting our fight party has HBO and three TVs in his living room so I'll be able to watch that card live tonight. The main event is definitely worth watching, could be a real good action fight.

Stubhub magic is real, and it might be worth switching away from Gervonta Davis

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I dunno Conor looked ready to at the weigh ins.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The Ninth Layer posted:

i hope this isn't another craigslist affair. we can't have another one of those thread panics

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Why is this fight so hyped?

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If somehow McGregor doesn't beat him up, mayweather will just take a dive for the rematch $$

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jeb! Repetition posted:

because a loudmouth who knocks out little people is going to knock out a little person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Because the media hyped it and the tapout/ed hardy crowd fell in line with a sliver of hope that an mma guy can beat a boxer at his game.

• Locked thread