Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
there is a surprise twist to this story in the next episode that makes it even weirder

e: YO CHECK OUT THE UPDATE AT THE END OF THE LAST PAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Twist that makes it even weirder" is the only kind of twist there ever is in Resident Evil

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh hey this is maybe my favorite game ever and this a good LP of it

Going back a couple of episodes, I know the game sets you up for an unofficial rifle tutorial at the start of 1-2 but I almost never buy a rifle there on a new game. The walkways in the canyon let you kite enemies pretty well and after that there's maybe one other spot in the Village where a rifle is really useful. But then a rifle becomes super-useful in 3-1!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Pretty sure you'd have to triple-green eventually. How much health does that poo poo restore, anyway?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Glazius posted:

Pretty sure you'd have to triple-green eventually. How much health does that poo poo restore, anyway?

It's a full heal.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Glazius posted:

Mak0rz posted:

It's a full heal.

It's a bottle of moonshine, a banjo, and a night of regrets.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aww, you guys didn't get That Dog to appear. :( Leon smiling like a big doofus when he sees that dog will never not be hilarious.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

blame lune. he shot the dog in the first episode trying to get a rise out of me (he blew it and it looked like he shot the trap)

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

40000 fish in FF14? Okay I gotta ask, did you get the Ironworks Rod? Because if you did I'm very sorry.

Also the fact that we will never hear the 56 hours of Coolguye makes me a little sad. Treasure has been lost to digital purgatory.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Coolguye posted:

blame lune. he shot the dog in the first episode trying to get a rise out of me (he blew it and it looked like he shot the trap)

But then all he has to do to get a rise out of you is to keep spinning that drat green herb. :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

40000 fish in FF14? Okay I gotta ask, did you get the Ironworks Rod? Because if you did I'm very sorry.

Also the fact that we will never hear the 56 hours of Coolguye makes me a little sad. Treasure has been lost to digital purgatory.

you might be surprised to find out that my day to day life isn't terribly interesting because i pretty much never stop working and i spend a fair bit of it away from the desktop i use to record and do stuff with

honestly it was probably more 56 hours of chip's paws clicking on the tile in the room than me saying anything

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 7, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I still can't believe that loving Mario reference Roboky made

The episode going up today (there's that and one more tomorrow this week) will see Roboky destroy the LP too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 2-2 - The Cabin [Polsy]

A historic occasion is right there in the picture. Nothing more needs to be said.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I want this Let's Play to end via crossover with the WWE2K17 LP where Lunethex and Cooleguye settle their grievances in a cage match. It seems the most appropriate outcome.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'm down for that so long as we can paste my steam avatar on some dude's face

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, I like how you're actually encouraged to let everybody storm the building because you don't get their stuff otherwise.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Which is the graver sin, Triple-Green or Fifty-Six Hours?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Smashley eat the eggs

Am I memeing correctly? I don't understand you kids and your humor anymore.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 2-3 - The Cheese [Polsy]

Leon is faced with two potential routes through the final stretch of the village: one is guarded by another Cave Troll, and the other by the aptly named Ganados. He brushes his hair aside and sighs as he clears both routes and is stopped by a retinal scanner. Needing the eye of the big cheese he decides there is only one way to deal with the issue: explosives. Lots of explosives.

Next week we will enter suplex castle!

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 8, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Noodle brains.

That'll settle the debate :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Alas, poor innocent giant burly bug dude, felled by the oldest of man's inventions - fire on demand.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Regarding the decapitation upskirt story I can kind of believe it because I think she's programmed to react based on where Leon's eyes are pointing. It's happened to me countless times while suplexing dudes with her standing behind Leon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

Regarding the decapitation upskirt story I can kind of believe it because I think she's programmed to react based on where Leon's eyes are pointing. It's happened to me countless times while suplexing dudes with her standing behind Leon.

hahaha i remember the first time that happened to me

i actually got offended because it was like "YES, YOU SELF-ABSORBED JERK, I WENT THROUGH ALL THIS TROUBLE TO THROW A loving 200 POUND MAN JUST SO I COULD GET A LOOK UP YOUR SKIRT. HOW ARE YOU NOT FLATTENED BY HIS BULK RUNNING THROUGH YOU ANYWAY"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Coolguye posted:

hahaha i remember the first time that happened to me

i actually got offended because it was like "YES, YOU SELF-ABSORBED JERK, I WENT THROUGH ALL THIS TROUBLE TO THROW A loving 200 POUND MAN JUST SO I COULD GET A LOOK UP YOUR SKIRT. HOW ARE YOU NOT FLATTENED BY HIS BULK RUNNING THROUGH YOU ANYWAY"
She's a witch, man. How else could she stay spotlessly clean throughout the entire game if not for magic?

I mean, Leon's probably a wizard of some sort.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
A suplex wizard.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

A suplex wizard.

I've been recording tonight (going to clear the castle and stop) and you say this now but something particularly magical did happen regarding the Suplex and it will be commentated over this week at least. I'm ultra excited about all the recordings I've done so far if just for the very high likelihood that in that same episode I am going to infuriate Coolguy to drunkenness.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Gonna be honest, I was 100% serious with my statement. I can't wait for the magic to (continue to) happen.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

so what i'm hearing is that i should just crack a beer on tuesday preemptively

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Coolguye posted:

so what i'm hearing is that i should just crack a beer on tuesday preemptively

It's RE4. Always time to crack a beer open.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

since we know this in advance i'll let the thread vote on my poison for the evening:

- Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout, 5% ABV
- Great Divide Barrel Aged Barley-Wine Style Ale 12.8% ABV
- Great Divide Barrel Aged Hibernation Ale 11.5% ABV
- Great Divide Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 12.5% ABV (look, i got a pack, okay)
- Deschutes Brewery Mirror Mirror 11.2% ABV (when the gently caress did i get this, apparently it's another barleywine?)

anyway choose your thing and i'll drink it

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I suggest the Hibernation Ale because maybe it will let you hibernate through the inventory management you despise so much (and I find great joy in watching you suffer through).

I'm honestly waiting for Lune to actually slow down the inventory shuffling, just to see your reaction.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

no, it's going to get worse.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
Normally I'd go for the chocolate stout but I feel like you may want something stronger, so maybe the imperial? Seems like we have similar taste in beer.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout sounds like exactly the kind of thing Leon Kennedy would drink, so that.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
There should be some kind of drinking game where you coolguye drinks the entire time lune is doing inventory management.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I don't have a death wish

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
The man's a lightweight anyway you only need about five seconds of inventory management to destroy him, his liver as much as his spirit is already crushed.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Sep 11, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 3-1 - The Castle [Polsy]

Leon, equipped with the stink of foul villagers, makes his way to the local castle. Unfortunately things aren't going to go well for him there, but he's decided to deploy a new move to take out the newest enemies: the Cultists.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

What version of ReShade are you using for this? I've been trying to find a good one but they're all crashing the game on launch. The game looks great and I want to get rid of the blur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Apparently the dialect or accent the people speak in this game is extremely Mexican/Central American and sounds super weird to European Spaniards.

• Locked thread