Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
That "SHUT UUUP"/"gently caress off!" exchange was perfect :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What the gently caress kind of Spanish royal family has a coat of arms with a motto written in English?? English coat of arms don't even do that.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mak0rz posted:

What the gently caress kind of Spanish royal family has a coat of arms with a motto written in English?? English coat of arms don't even do that.

They're probably social climbers trying to buy their way into nobility.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

CommissarMega posted:

That "SHUT UUUP"/"gently caress off!" exchange was perfect :allears:

"It wasn't because I'm a greedy sod that I didn't pick up the sword. No it was 'cause I was busy managing my inventory, putting my drinking steins in easy reach, mixing up my triple cure potions and rotating all my coins so that they'd face the same direction. I mean I was gonna drop some of that cash back at town but the King was very insistent that I had to pick up the sword before heading back. Well if he wanted to micromanage me that much, he'd just have to deal with my twirling my hammer for a good fifteen seconds while I made sure it fit in it's spot then." - The Secret of Karok Rockpounder.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Spoilers from the future of this thread: After being paralyzed by laughter I am now dutybound to nominate this for best LP of the century.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Omnicrom posted:

Spoilers from the future of this thread: After being paralyzed by laughter I am now dutybound to nominate this for best LP of the century.

How far into the future? Did you come from 2099 to tell us it won the award?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Well, I fell asleep.

Chapter 4-1 - The Breakdown [Polsy]

It's called the Breakdown not because of something that happens in games but what I did. My favorite episode. Pictured: Coolguy.

When I was talking about playing up on a different save just a reminder that it was only for that part where you shoot Ashley free up until you play her. I just felt the need to clarify that.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 22, 2017

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Gloriusly "God damit" :five:.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

quote:

I hope everyone appreciates how confused I was during that last segment

Werent we all! RoboKy. Werent we all.
:magical:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Will Coolguy's core rant reappear in a later part of the LP?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Saying it again, this LP needs to end with a crossover with the Wrestlemans thread so Coolguye, Roboky, and Lune can have a blowoff cage match.

Oh god, I just heard Coolguye's resigned "Yeah, I'm drinking" at the start of the time vortex.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 22, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
A single TMP bullet! My one weakness aaaaaaaaaargh

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

TetrisGuy is available at this link, the thing I put over that 3 minute sped up inventory management segment.

RESIDENT EVIL 4 - There are 56 more scheduled psychotic meltdowns to go

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 22, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That inventory section was amazing.

I feel like we need to contribute to a booze fund for Coolguy at this rate, though, since he's gonna run out that much faster.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Having the file played seperately just makes me appreciate how chaotic the actual moment in the finished video actually got, holy poo poo Lune.

Don't think I didn't catch that sneaky "LOOOOGAAAAAN" either.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

gently caress yes Simcopter. :hellyeah:

The controversy had to do with a 'prank' one of the programmers added in, in protest of scantly clad women-

quote:

However, there’s one other thing you can do in SimCopter: Loudly make out with half-naked dudes with luminescent nipples. It’s an easter egg in the game, where on certain dates, swarms of “himbos” would appear on tops of buildings, hugging and kissing each other (with loud sound effects). There was a bug in the game, however, where the himbos would come out more often and swarm your copter.

I never clued in to what was happening. I just thought that's how Sims were, before The Sims proved me right.

And that man then went on to become a professional troll with the Yes Men.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've always been a long time advocate of the TMP in RE4, even without the stock, but I never thought of using it on the Garradors. Of course you couldn't use it like you do without the stock but I'm looking at how quick they die with the TMP and I want all my magnum and rifle ammo back.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The Ashley section was an interesting little mixup to the rhythm. Have you got respawning environmental things to huck at enemies, or are opening doors the only thing in limitless supply?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lune you probably knew this, but for those who didn't- when you see Ashley being led away by Salazar, you can snipe the guys patrolling the top of the tower and that stops the catapult guys from spawning.

Kibayasu posted:

I've always been a long time advocate of the TMP in RE4, even without the stock, but I never thought of using it on the Garradors. Of course you couldn't use it like you do without the stock but I'm looking at how quick they die with the TMP and I want all my magnum and rifle ammo back.

I didn't realize the Garradors still took damage when they were flinching from being shot. Definitely going to re-consider the TMP next time I play through this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Glazius posted:

The Ashley section was an interesting little mixup to the rhythm. Have you got respawning environmental things to huck at enemies, or are opening doors the only thing in limitless supply?

opening doors are the only thing in limitless supply, but killing those cultists is very, very optional.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Coolguye posted:

opening doors are the only thing in limitless supply, but killing those cultists is very, very optional.

Bad player spotted.

Kibayasu posted:

The only things the TMP will be ineffective against on the Island are Regenerators and J.Js.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 23, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:siren: The Island just got more interesting. You can Suplex Parasites.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
holy poo poo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lunethex posted:

:siren: The Island just got more interesting. You can Suplex Parasites.

:five: Is the number equal to or greater than I hope to see get suplexed.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I saw that somehow the thread went gold yesterday but I was too exhausted to respond about it except on a Discord channel. My reaction was a tear(s) of joy emoji.

But looking at it now as I'm waiting on the final 5 videos to render (the island set needs commentary still), I will not allow this joke to be lost to time.

thank you so much. without you all, this could never happen, and would be nothing.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 24, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Well, the thread went gold and I reinstalled the game. All in all, I'm satisfied.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 4-2 - The Excavation [Polsy]

Leon descends to the caverns where the Las Plagas were unearthed and finds the smelly villagers again, whom he will not suplex for reasons of his own. There will be many chainsaws from here on out but in the very next chapter we get a much desired upgrade.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 27, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The caves under the castle were probably built first, and when the Castellans stamped out the cult they built their castle on top of it to keep the cult out. And those crushers were likewise probably built to keep cultists out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The time it takes to take down two souped up Gigantes is the one exception I will always make to my "all the money" policy. At least its a badass way to lose money.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Dear god that's a lot of blue eye gems.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Today, I will make sure to be awake to do Mercenaries stream. The updates this week will be short videos so to make up for that I'll play Mercenaries.

I feel bad about doing a bit of practice at this hour because I even managed to beat a score. I was going to start off the post announcing the stream by asking "Maybe I'll get more than 101 kills for once on Village" because they would always stop spawning at that point and I'd have upwards of a minute and nothing to kill but I finally figured out where to stand.

Today, Wednesday September 27th, let's play some mercenaries for a few hours at 8:00 PM EST and if there's any halfway decent runs I'll just save those for the thread.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 27, 2017

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is getting multiple prizes per shooting range game a new feature in the HD release or something? I could swear having to do the thing way more times than that to get a full row of caps and that sweet gold.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I can only explain it as such:

There are four games, A-B-C-D, and each one requires you to get 6 prizes from them, which you can do in a minimum of two rounds. Even if you get all headshots on every target in one go you still have to play it again. For getting 6 caps from a game, you get a respective money award, A-15000, B-25000, C-35000, D-50000. By multiple prizes I can only assume you mean getting multiple games done in one sitting, i.e wait until you have A-B-C and just play them all then talk to him and he doles out everything one by one.

But in the end it's 24 bottle caps which are various NPCs in the game and a pestipend.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mak0rz posted:

Is getting multiple prizes per shooting range game a new feature in the HD release or something? I could swear having to do the thing way more times than that to get a full row of caps and that sweet gold.

I remember the same thing, at least in earlier versions of the game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lunethex posted:

I can only explain it as such:

There are four games, A-B-C-D, and each one requires you to get 6 prizes from them, which you can do in a minimum of two rounds. Even if you get all headshots on every target in one go you still have to play it again. For getting 6 caps from a game, you get a respective money award, A-15000, B-25000, C-35000, D-50000. By multiple prizes I can only assume you mean getting multiple games done in one sitting, i.e wait until you have A-B-C and just play them all then talk to him and he doles out everything one by one.

But in the end it's 24 bottle caps which are various NPCs in the game and a pestipend.

Nope. I do the ranges and fill them as soon as they're first available. I remember having to play each of A through D five times for the score caps and then once more for the "all targets" cap. I think I can remember being able to get the all targets cap with one score cap granted the conditions are met but that still only reduces the number of games to five, not two.

I mostly remember the GameCube version but I think that not spending like an hour at the ranges in the Wii and XBL versions would be something I'd remember too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Seems it was changed a long time ago since the wiki talks about playing all modes with both Rapid fire and Sniping weaponry. Doing this with anything but the TMP is a recipe for disaster so that's a change I can get behind.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Shooting_Range

I'm more interested in all the random effects, like a catapult hitting the field.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lunethex posted:

both Rapid fire and Sniping weaponry

This was never the case, unless it was added in a later version and subsequently removed again. I'm sure of that because I do it only with the sniping equipment :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Nope. I do the ranges and fill them as soon as they're first available. I remember having to play each of A through D five times for the score caps and then once more for the "all targets" cap. I think I can remember being able to get the all targets cap with one score cap granted the conditions are met but that still only reduces the number of games to five, not two.

I mostly remember the GameCube version but I think that not spending like an hour at the ranges in the Wii and XBL versions would be something I'd remember too.

I played the old PC version (with hacked in mouse support) - which was based on the PS2 version I think? - way back when and I want to say I remember the prizes you get being based on max score, much like that RE Wiki page mentions. I definitely never needed to play with both weapon sets

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah I never needed to do the shooting ranges with both weapon sets in older versions of the game, but I definitely only ever got one prize per round instead of getting one per 1000 points in a round nowadays. Probably why I never bothered to fill out the bottle cap collection until this version came along :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Scheduled Mercenaries play will be starting shortly.

http://twitch.tv/lun3thex

I'll get that sorted at some point :)

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 28, 2017

• Locked thread