Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Who installed the anime faces mod? I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Hi Yellow, this is a death zone, the town probably built the road over the tracks themselves

e: or it was intentional, i've been seeing a lot of crashes here nevertheless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Once again, this is KBLD - Radio Free Kobold, with your host, DJ Scratch'n'Sniff!

A good rail network requires the periodic sacrifice of lesser vehicles.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The local authority probably doesn't appreciate all the herses they need to supply, there's a death at least once a year there if not .ore frequently.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fallen Rib

Today's SP challenge: Start a 64x64 map, 4-5 towns, industries "funding only", vanilla everything, try to grow the towns to fill the entire map.

My progress in 2011:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

nielsm posted:

Today's SP challenge: Start a 64x64 map, 4-5 towns, industries "funding only", vanilla everything, try to grow the towns to fill the entire map.

My progress in 2011:

How's the progress?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

...also, new map?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fallen Rib

serious norman posted:

How's the progress?

Nothing more on that. I've been too busy preparing for vacation in Japan, and have arrived now. I expect to not play much OTTD for the next 2+ weeks

And by the way, version 1.8 RC1 was released a short while ago, I don't think it has any really significant changes so I'd say just stick to 1.7.2 until 1.8.0 proper releases.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that.

Server's been reset to the Elder Scrolls map, again as suggested by the Discord!

Also since the final release of 1.8.0 came out, the server's been updated to that version. You can download the latest version here: https://www.openttd.org/en/download-stable

Easiest way to update is to download the zip file and extract over the files in your current installation directory. Enjoy!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Does anyone like (one tile) rivers? I'm not sure why I enable them during map generation. I don't like how they look on the map, for a while (idk about now) you couldn't build them (so once you destroy a tile you have two disjointed rivers), they don't deform the terrain (so they're just these one tile weird looking rivers, if they were slope,water,slope like a one tile 'lake' then they would look good), and I don't play with ships so they don't do anything for me.

I feel like they should have spent the time developing rivers as one water tile wide but with slopes on either side.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

Still playing? I am up for a reset..

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

also i'm halvung

piratepilates posted:

Does anyone like (one tile) rivers? I'm not sure why I enable them during map generation. I don't like how they look on the map, for a while (idk about now) you couldn't build them (so once you destroy a tile you have two disjointed rivers), they don't deform the terrain (so they're just these one tile weird looking rivers, if they were slope,water,slope like a one tile 'lake' then they would look good), and I don't play with ships so they don't do anything for me.

I feel like they should have spent the time developing rivers as one water tile wide but with slopes on either side.

Just bomb the rivers when you can afford it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fallen Rib

Good news! Developers are on track to possibly massive improvements in ship pathfinding performance for next major version.

«14 »