Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I like this map!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Is it okay to jump on if I’m still horrible?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 23, 2021

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

They let me in, so the bar is pretty low

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Planes are overpowered.

Setting them up took me a few minutes. 6 airports, 3 routes.

Suggestion for the next game:

-Remove the "Hyper"-Planes.

-An extended reach for the early planes would be nice. Early planes just suck in every regard because of their reach.
I'd love to set up a small Airport to deliver the engineering-and-such-supplies while having trains pick up the resources, this isn't possible in the early game and when it comes to late game you have other ways set up.

-Imho, you could remove 90% of the trains that are just cluttering up the selection, but I of course respect if some of you want that many trains :) Just something that sometimes bothers me, so I wanted to bring it up.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
New game this weekend? :)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I wouldn't mind.

Edit: Or maybe we can restart, like....right now? ;) I got the flu and I'm very bored.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 23, 2018

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I may jump in and do poo poo too I'm bad but mashinky multiplayer doesn't exist yet.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Something I learned today, to play with normal interface size for smaller windows ingame but still be able to read the text:
Go to user/documents/OpenTTD/openttd.cfg

Insert the lines (I did it below [misc])

small_font = Arial black
small_size = 12

Replace the font name with anything in windows/Fonts, size is size. You can also do this for medium_font/size (Double Size) and large_font/size (Quad Size).

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

RabbitWizard posted:

Something I learned today, to play with normal interface size for smaller windows ingame but still be able to read the text:
Go to user/documents/OpenTTD/openttd.cfg

Insert the lines (I did it below [misc])

small_font = Arial black
small_size = 12

Replace the font name with anything in windows/Fonts, size is size. You can also do this for medium_font/size (Double Size) and large_font/size (Quad Size).

I like this! This is good for me!

e: really, my eyesight is getting worse

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

nielsm posted:

What? There's plenty of trees in Greece :)

Tip for this yellow player:

Start and end your drag of bridges crossing water/canyons/etc on the slope, instead of on flat land. Then you get a flat bridge, instead of one with ramps at both ends. It's cheaper, and lets your trains run faster.

Has that always been a thing? I’ve been playing for a long time and never knew that. :monocle:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Bluecobra posted:

Has that always been a thing? I’ve been playing for a long time and never knew that. :monocle:
As old as original TTD. ;)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

maybe I shoudl avoid the server if yall are trying to min/max TTD

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Don't worry about that. In fact, in this round people's companies look particularly amateurish compared to the previous games because there's no mod enabled that gives you the opportunity to boost industry production to massive levels, so this time there are no huge networks and huge profits (last time I checked).

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

Wow, come back on after I build a big network yesterday only to find all the industries supplying them are just gone, factories are gone, inputs gone. I think my trains got jammed, did that really ruin the industries that badly when goods didn't get delivered?

E: solved it (kinda) by blowing about 200 mil on funding new industries and prospecting

Silento Boborachi fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 2, 2018

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

so I'm trying to run some water to a town.. I made the truck loading stations but they aren't filling with water WTF?
Same thing with farms, I made a truck loading station by a farm to run to food processing but I'm not getting anything in the station.. WTF?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Did someone delete my post or did I dream I posted something?

Dear Fresh Fruit, please remove Feestable West and Feestable North. I don't mind sharing Factories and stuff, but your road placement is really bad for me.
Thanks, RW Transport

Edit: Thanks!

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 3, 2018

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pretty sure my route for water is 100% correct cargo type for the truck that is carrying it. Even the. Shouldn't the truck loading Depot be filling up with goods?

Less sure about the farm but I know water is right.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

tater_salad posted:

Pretty sure my route for water is 100% correct cargo type for the truck that is carrying it. Even the. Shouldn't the truck loading Depot be filling up with goods?

Less sure about the farm but I know water is right.

The truck loading depot will only fill up with goods after one truck with the correct cargo capacity arrived there.
Click the details button from the truck (looks like a letter i guess) and make sure capacity says xxx water.
Click orders (yellow arrow) and make sure the truck doesn't have an order like Load at the station it's supposed to drop stuff off.
If those are correct, no idea. Maybe make some screenshots or allow me to have a look at your company ingame.

Edit: Thanks Fresh Fruit Company!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^ that worked, didn't know you had to buy something that COULD haul your stuff then refit it so that it DID haul it.

also.. is there a discord to sit in while autism intensifies?

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

I talked to the overwatch goon discord guys, they've given us a room to chill in if we'd like it. If you're already in Serious Overchill it's there, or look in the PGS for the thread to get an invite (or message me ingame for an invite)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

For the terminally lazy, here’s the invite link: https://discord.gg/BVvtZBc

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Gocha cool. Is there really a reason to go and shove into someone's discord thought?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Gocha cool. Is there really a reason to go and shove into someone's discord thought?

Small and singularly focused discord’s tend to die in a week or two, whereas with larger discord’s there is the tendency to stick around and play other games with your new e-friends if you’re burned out on a given game

At least that’s what happened to SRSOC back when we were broverwatch. We all started playing PUBG and Minecraft and poo poo together and then we did D2 and suddenly we had 1600 active posters playing games together :v:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I’d read a let’s play of that. Looks like it’s only in Japanese but it looks way cooler than English language sim traffic controller games. http://www.technobrain.com/atc4/haneda2/

Personally I’ve been playing a web browser airline game called AirlineSim.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I don't see the need for a chat room. Thread for posting longer things and pictures from the game, in-game chat for smalltalk, tutoring etc.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I like discord for real-time discussion.

And also for when Lowtax can’t afford to support us man babies, we still get somewhere to sperg

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I usually like thread foe general discussions then discord for real-time.. it's so easy to miss ingsmr if you're fixated on building or a problem.

Also I'm going to be playing on and off based on iracing schedule etc so don't make changes based on me

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 5, 2018

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
gently caress Diamonds, gently caress Wood. I'm going back to things that don't disappear all the time.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Feel free to play RW Transport if you just want to try some stuff or look at things (or make the server lag less), I got Dark Souls 3 and this definitely eats into my train-time right now ;)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

OpenTTD, eh? That's a sperg I've not touched in a long time. I'll have to give it a whirl once I'm back from my tabletop game tomorrow.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sincx posted:

Map's been reset. As suggested in the Discord, the map is now the "Song of Ice & Fire" scenario. Having never seen the Game of Thrones, I have no idea how accurate it is, but someone certainly spent a decent chunk of time making this.

Enjoy!

Build at King's Landing, but be sure to pay back your loan :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Who installed the anime faces mod? I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.