Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Goswin hears some commotion outside, but he decides it's just Nagaw being Nagaw. Definitely didn't sound like no stinking rat mutants. With things being fairly quiet, it was time to deliver some mail. Once that was done, he could leave anytime he wanted. He didn't plan on it, not without the others, but he wanted to have the option open, just in case they had to run. In a manly, brave fashion, of course.

"'Ere, Miss," Goswin says to Frau Mueller. "I gots a package t'deliver. Who should I give this to?" He holds out the box for her inspection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

Frau Muller takes a look at the box, tapping a finger against her chin. "I don't recognize this name, but this is definitely Pinsdorf. There's only one of us in the entire Empire. You brought it to the right place.

"Or at least, it was," she adds, expression falling.

Outside

And now Nagaw is a full-fledged murderer. He has blood, and also a body, on his hands.

It's inopportune that Bianca steps out from around the corner at this point, silhouetted against the faint moonlight and the residual firelight.

"Uh," she says.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

Justice had been done, and Nagaw felt good for it. He glances back at Bianca, giving her a wan smile and a nod. "It's good to see you're well, lass; we were worried about you." He kneels down, wiping the blood from his sword on the man's shirt before sheathing it proper. He moves behind the body and grabs it under the shoulders, keeping his face towards the woman so she can read his lips as need be.

"Long story, but right now he ain't important. The rats have one of their shamans with them and that can only spell more disaster for us." He drags Krauss further into the shadows, dumping him unceremoniously onto the ground further back where he isn't so easily noticed. "I made an oath to this traitorous wretch that I wouldn't reveal his crimes to his townfolk, so if you know him, I can't say much." He gives a shrug; the slayer definitely has an air that he has done no wrong or injustice at the moment. He strides back into the moonlight, his face grim. "But there were about two dozen souls in that church that we've brought to the inn to recover, and the rest of the town is in the mine, workin' for the raki."

"You're gonna have to trust me on this, lass. We can't cause a panic until the village is safe, and they're gonna have to be able to trust us so we can do that. When we've undone all that he's had his hands in, we can let these poor people know the truth." He folds his arms across his chest, frowning. "But if you want to tell them and make this that much harder, I can't and won't stop you. I've committed no crime, but my oath will not let me defend myself if you make it seem as if I had." He motions back to Krauss.

"His crimes, when brought to light, will absolve me. But I can't reveal them because I swore not to, not yet at least." He shakes his head with a sigh. "I don't expect you to understand a dwarf's way of thinking, but either way we need to get inside where it's safe and make a plan."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Outside

During Nagaw's speech, Bianca's eyes slowly travel back and forth between his remaining one, his hands, and the corpse starting to cool in the alley.

"For what it's worth," she says when the slayer finishes. "He was the kind of person who put a column for warpstone in his ledger."

She examines the dwarf with a fashionista's eye. "You're right about not wanting to panic the villagers, though. I don't think you can make it to the river and back, but there's a horse trough out front."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Murrie Sweettooth

"Hey Nagaw, do you think you can escort me to scavenge some of the houses for herbs and banda--" the halfling cuts off as he turns around the corner of the alley to see the dwarf, the thief and a corpse all holding a hushed conversation. For a few moments he doesn't move, before stepping deeper into the alley and out of the line of sight from the inn. "Great, more work for me. I assume he's dead since he's not screaming. Want me to grab Sinfonie so we can hide the body? Need to cut the head off first of course..."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

Oblivious to the cold-blooded murder going on outside, Sinfonie continues to chat with Mrs Mueller:

"Well, I'm glad we were able to reach Pinsdorf in time to save some of you. Is your husband...?"

She leaves the question open. Dead? In this room? One of the other prisoners?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

Frau Mueller's gaze falls to the floor. "I have not seen him since the attack. You haven't, have you?" Her eyes spring back up. "Portly, large mustache, on the shorter side?"

Outside

Well, he's not getting any deader, or any less obvious. It's also not certain if a skaven patrol would notice the corpse - this place hasn't exactly been covered with dead bodies. Sort of the opposite, actually.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Thank Taal it's the right town, at least. I'd hate it if I'd gone to the wrong one more'n twice. Wish she knew who th'hell it was, though. Not for the first time, Goswin wishes he knew his letters. "Aw, just gots a little rat problem. We'll sort it out," Goswin says. "Can't let some poxy mutants knock y'down. Gotta get back up an' start swingin'!" He mimes a fighter's pose for a second. "Now that me an' my mates is here, we'll have it all right, you'll see."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

Goswin gradually notices the townsfolk staring at him. One of the children, a boy of just under half the boatman's age, is the first to pipe up.

"You're going to help us?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

Sinfonie shakes her head.

"No, we haven't seen him. But that doesn't mean anything, we've hardly started looking."

When the little boy talks, she kneels down and smiles at him.

"Of course we are! That dwarf with the spiky hair? He's going to chop up all those rats with his big axe! Then we're going to find everyone they took away and bring them back!"

There's no shame in telling a child comforting lies, right? Sinfonie is pretty sure that they could get out of town on foot and make it back to the boat, go find another town and bring back some militia, or state troops even.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

Nagaw shrugs, glancing down at himself. In the moonlight he couldn't tell where some blood ended and other blood began, and to be utterly honest, he hadn't particularly paid attention to the color of blood the skaven spilled. All he knows is it isn't fluorescent green. "I'll wash up in the trough, and we'll say he ran?" The slayer shrugs again, but his demeanor sours when the pie grobi rounds the corner.

"Murray you shut your mouth and keep it that way. The old man's been workin' with the ratmen and we can't cause a panic or have them unable to trust us or each other." He looks to Bianca for a moment and sighs, running a hand over the bristles sprouting from where he last shaved part of his head. "Shove him in a trash can or something, I don't know. But be swift and quiet about it."

He pauses before heading back to the tavern, glancing towards Bianca. "So you've checked out the bank, then? And he has some of that foul stone?" Nagaw spits, shaking his head with a sneer. "Idiot manlings.." He trails off, shaking his head as he goes to dunk himself in the horse trough.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

"Yeah! We ain't t'leave 'til we kill all the poxy rats an' make t'place safe agin." He ruffles the boy's hair. "I seen much worse'n these little vermin. Once saw a giant. They was fightin' it with bears an' guns. Now, we ain't got any bears, but you got Goswin 'ere, an' I'm meaner'n ten bears." He wasn't really that confident inside, but he wasn't going to let them know that. Besides, they'd taken out the group in the church easily enough. How hard could it be to kill the rest of them?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

After a while, Nagaw comes back inside. A few minutes after that, so do Murrie and Bianca. Strangely, Herr Krauss does not make an appearance. It's a pretty lengthy period of time, since Finn has time to complete his work.

The townspeople are mostly mumbling among themselves, fretting over their lives and property. It's not particularly useful, especially now that young Goswin has volunteered you all to stay and defend the town.

Which you may need to do sooner, rather than later. What's your plan of attack, or are you going to turn tail and run, very much like a skaven?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Finn

Finn presents the axe to NAgaw. "It's not done, but the rune is laid. I need to lay the power in it now. It'll take me...an hour, perhaps two." He stretches. "Now then. We'll need any maps of the mine we can get ahold of, and then start securing any locations around town that the raki have claimed. Handle it systematically, so they can't overwhelm us with sheer numbers. It's not much of a plan...but it's what I've come up with, anyway. We keep an eye out for the grey-fur and the black-fur rats, they're the most dangerous ones."

The idea of leaving will not be considered, at least by Finn. He has an oath to uphold.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

The slayer runs his thumb along the runic carving, nodding appreciatively. "Fine work, rhunki, absolutely nothing less than anyone would expect from your kind." Nagaw grins at Finn before setting the axe back down, nodding to the rest of the villagers.

He glances to Goswin for a moment, after learning the boy has volunteered him (and the others) to defend the town, puffing his chest out. "Right, we'll run these rat vole pieces of filth out of your town. No dwarf will allow the heirs of Sigmar to suffer against the damned thaggaraki, and we've got a grudge to settle against them." He punches his right fist into his left palm with a sinister grin, cracking his knuckles afterwards.

"We'll need to take the town back block by block, if the rat-things are even above ground now. I don't know how safe this tavern is, but is there anywhere in town more fortified than here? We can't spare much to guard the lot of you with suffering against the skaven ourselves."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

Frau Mueller frowns. "The church might have been, if those monsters hadn't torn it up so thoroughly. The guardhouses, too. There just doesn't seem to be any place they haven't destroyed..."

One of the other citizens, a middle-aged fellow with a missing hand, lifts his head. "There's always the quarry. Plenty of stone blocks in there, ready to be sent down the river. We could move some of 'em 'round, make some walls."

Bianca coughs, theatrically and at length. Has she caught some foul skaven plague?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

The slayer shakes his head, folding his arms across his chest. "Quarry won't work. The ratling bastards can dig up from underneath us, and then our little fortress turns into a murder hole." He drums his fingers on his bicep, deep in thought. He casts a glance to the thief once she's done coughing, and an idea pops into his mind.

"I got two options for you lot, and you might not like either. First of all, there's the bank. It's got a vault in it and banks in human lands tend to be very defensible. Beyond that? Second story of this tavern. Board up the windows and be ready to strike back if they try to break in. Beyond that?" He shrugs, watching Finn work his magic. "You evacuate while we handle the source of all this."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

Ah. Sinfonie winces as everyone seems to take her pep talk a little too seriously. Nagaw still seems pretty confident they can drive the rats out of town, and so long as he goes first that seems fair enough.

"I'd hole up in here, honestly. The bank might be stronger, but at least here you have supplies for a little while. Speaking of supplies, we should check the guard houses first, see if there's anything we can use."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Holing up in the Eel's Head it is.

You're able to get to the guard houses easily enough, since there's a whole one post at the town gate and a bigger (though not much bigger) building at the riverside. Pinsdorf isn't even big enough to have a proper barracks for its guards - they go home and back to their normal lives when they're not on patrol.

Both places are thoroughly wrecked, too. Whatever the skaven did to blow out parts of the walls, they did to the gate guard post as well. It's not much more than splinters and some sad reminders of better times. The riverside position is in slightly better shape, in the sense that it looks like a few people holed up in there before the rats knocked the building down. There's a few barrels of salted deer meat, some pikes, and a couple of accumulated confiscated bits, like a broken pistol, a couple of bottles of alcohol in various forms, what appears to be a jester's hat, and an amusingly-shaped root vegetable that's starting to grow eyes.

Is there something particular you were looking for?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Finn

Finn, for his part, is taking the time to keep working on the axe.

First check: success. 20 minutes.
Second check: success. 20 more minutes.
Third check: failure. 20 more minutes.
Fourth check: failure. 20 more minutes.
Fifth check: failure.. 20 more minutes.
Sixth check: failure. 20 more minutes.
Seventh check: failure. 20 more minutes.
Eighth check: failure. 20 more minutes.
Ninth check: failure. We're up to 3 hours now. I'll go to four, tops.
Tenth check: success.. 3 hours, 20 minutes to empower the rune.

And 3 minutes to bind it.


Finally, after almost three and a half hours of chanting, hammering at the axe and having glowing light sputter from the rune, Finn finishes. His final rituals involve a series of prayers to the ancestor-gods, and then, the naming of the weapon. It gives the others plenty of time to search, strategize and prepare the assault, at least. When he finally does emerge from the small room he had commandeered for his work, he presents the axe to Nagaw.

"Here. I name her Az'Drengthagi, the Traitor's Bane. She bears the Stokrhun. Will it in your time of need, and she will awaken...and the power will burn itself out until I reawaken it."

Activating a rune is a free action. Once activated, attacks with the axe get +10% WS for one minute. Also, it counts as a magic weapon until the power runs out. I'm not sure if it still counts as one while the power is bound but inactive.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Goswin scratches his head. He's not terribly good at strategy, beyond "hit enemy with sharp bits, repeat until dead." Still, he has a bit of an idea. "Maybe we can set some traps? I mean, they is rats, ain't they? Maybe lift some stuff up so's it falls on 'em when they come through?" He's not terribly sure how to make something like that work, but dwarves are supposed to be good at building stuff.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Looting the guard house gives you enough pikes to arm perhaps half of your invalids, and enough food to keep them fed for a while, provided nothing dramatic happens.

Gonna give you guys a little over twelve hours for anything else you'd like to loot, and then we'll move on, with your charges secured. If you have plans other than going to the mine and attempting to seal the skaven inside, now is the time to mention it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

The slayer claps the runesmith on the shoulder, giving him a look of pride and a wide grin. "Good work, rhunki. I'll make sure your work gets put to good use in the mines here." He hefts the axe, running his thumb over the rune before slinging it onto his shoulder. "Now I hope you lads weren't thinking of collapsing the mine like a bunch of idiots."

He surveys the crowd for a moment and shakes his head. "It'll just kill the people inside, and the skaven will just dig back in from below and keep at whatever they're at. A rat's not trapped just because you throw a blanket on top of it." He walks towards the window as he speaks, peering out into the street beyond. "We gotta take the fight to them, or find a way to lure 'em out." He gives Bianca a sidelong glance, scratching the side of his nose with his thumbnail, obviously in thought. "Miss, you've got keener eyes than a one eyed dwarf, I'd pray, so you mind coming here a moment?"

When Bianca approaches, Nagaw speaks in a hushed voice, keeping his eyes out towards the street. "I reckon you've been into the bank, from your comment earlier. Did you find any of that foul stone?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

Bianca keeps her poker face on as she joins the slayer at the boarded-up window. "No, but I wasn't looking for it, truth told," she says, sotto voice. "They'd tossed the old man's office, but left the vault alone. If there was any there, they've probably got it by now."

She tenses a little. "You hear that?" The thief's nails scrape along the windowsill. "Something's headed this way. Not sure what it is yet, but I don't think we want to find out."

Bianca looks back over her shoulder at the old folks and children armed with pikes. One of the boys, perhaps six or seven years old, is smacking the butt of his pike onto the floor and singing a marching song to himself. It's starting to get annoying.

"Maybe keep this to ourselves and your friends, I think."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

The slayer nods grimly, but can't help but grin a little. "We can't all go out to face whatever it is." He follows the thief's glance back to the group and runs a hand through the bristles of his mohawk. "I'll head outside and see what we're dealing with. If a little luck follows me, won't be any need for alarm." He turns back to the window with a sigh. "But if Grimnir's callin' me tonight, then keep the lad out of the fight. His heart is in the right place but someone needs to teach him how to swing a sword proper before he gets stuck in too deep. Send the grave re-digger after me if need be; you two seem to have a habit of making fingers at each other and it isn't hard to put two and two together on that one."

With that, Nagaw gives the group another glance and slips out the front door as undetected as he can muster. He hoped that little bit of luck was following him, especially for the sake of the others; whatever it was, if it killed him, it might not have much to slow it down before going to the others. Running his thumb over the engraved rune once more, Nagaw sighs and strides out into the street, standing defiantly and watching for whatever may be approaching.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Eel's Head Tavern

Everyone here is able to see the suicidal axe-murderer step out into a war zone by himself after some dramatic words he seems to intentionally not share with any of you.

Hmmmmmmm.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Finn

Finn watches Nagaw leave, then sighs and gets up to go after him.

"Someone's got to remember what he's doing."

And if he dies.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Goswin nods to Finn. "We'll watch 'is back. Prob'ly sees some filthy mutant muckin' about."

He doesn't know much about dwarves, but he's picked up on the fact that where Nagaw goes, there's usually action.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

"Alright, everybody stay inside and away from the windows. We'll be back as soon as we can."

There's a fine line between a defiant grin and a terrified grimace, and Sinfonie is dancing all over that line as she follows the team outside.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Pinsdorf Streets

Pinsdorf is small enough that thankfully, you don't get lost after a few twists and turns. It is, however, a real mess at the moment, and there's a hell of a lot of parts of the street that are blocked off or still smoldering. Brave souls might punch through walls or just jaunt into buildings, but in street fighting, that could get you dead awfully fast.

Meanwhile, over the rooftops, you hear a peculiar noise. It's something like rain, if it were meaty, combined with the rasping of a swamp full of frogs, accompanied by the occasional popping noise and the sound of skaven shouting intermittently. It's certainly gross and offensive to those of good taste and sensibility, but that doesn't narrow down what you might ambush, or what might ambush you.

You can wait in the street for the Thing to come 'round the corner, move elsewhere and hope it doesn't catch you, or set up an ambush for it at your discretion.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

"What's making that...sound?"

She goes slightly ahead to try and get eyes on whatever it is without being detected herself.

Silent Move TN 32: 1d100 95

thats pretty noisy

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

Nagaw gives his axe a few experimental one-handed swings before slapping the haft near the head of the weapon into his open palm, talking a step forward and raising his voice, forceful and full of pride. "I am Nagaw Ragnison, of Clan Boulderfist, known to the world of manlings as Nagaw Hagaw, pit champion! By my oath to Grimnir and by the pages upon pages in my ancestor's tomes of grudges, I have sworn to end the tyranny your rotten kind has brought here!"

The slayer continues forward, his chest puffed out and his teeth bared; he slams the butt of the axe onto the ground, standing defiantly in the center of the intersection. "I fear nothing of your kind, for I am fear incarnate to your race! I am the son of Grungi and Valaya! I am shieldbearer and ironbreaker! I have faced the mutants of the north and the greenskins of the south!" He slams his fist against his chest and thrusts it into the air. "I am dwarf, and I bring vengeance for my ancestors! Even in the face of your cowardly numbers, I will be your ruin!"

He begins to beat the butt of his axe against the cobblestone, his head lifted in pride and his shoulders squared, slapping his hand against his chest in the same rhythm as he chants. "Khazukan Kazakit-ha! Khazukan Kazakit-ha! Geshud! Etar! Anil Nokor!"

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Goswin stares at Nagaw striding forward to meet the enemy for a few seconds, then hurriedly runs to stand at the dwarf's side. He couldn't let Nagaw steal all the glory and make him look like a wuss. His reputation was at stake!

He puts a thumb in his belt and says, "An' I'm Goswin! I'll knock yer bloody teeth out, see if I don't!" He accompanies this with a rude gesture, to make sure the enemy feels extra intimidated. Of course, the enemy hasn't shown itself, but it's sure making Goswin feel a lot better about himself.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Streets of Pinsdorf

There is a sudden cessation to the noises on the other side of the row of buildings, then a growl. It's followed by increasingly-panicked skaven screaming, the groaning of a wood-framed construction, and then snarling and drool raining from above you.

A beast the size of an ox clambers down from the top of what used to be a nice house. It has two rat-like heads, and a row of a dozen-ish equally ratty legs jabbing out from either side of its body, and a set of lashing tails at the back end of it. A spiked collar decorates the neck of each head, with a chain yoked between them, at the end of which dangles a very alarmed and upset beast-wrangler. The wrangler sees you all, beweaponed and irate, then attempts to scramble back up over the building and make good its escape. Its charge, meanwhile, is content to rush down the side of the building with unpleasantly fluid motions, and charge right at Nagaw and Goswin.

If you want to kill the packmaster, you'll have to do it quickly before it escapes!

All PCs are up, start of a new combat. Give me your raw damage output when relevant and I'll do the math on my end.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Nagaw Hagaw

Nagaw snarls at the disgusting creature padding towards them and cries out once more, hefting his axe into the air as he breaks into a sprint to meet its charge. He brings his axe down with all of his might on what he assumes to be the creature's head twice, though the second blow lacks the strength of the initial blow. He steps back, once more covered in the blood of the rat monsters, his good eye gleaming with a mix of hatred and excitement. "C'mon, thaggaraki bastard! Kill me if you can, before I kill you!" He laughs madly, before adding grimly, "But we both know ye can't."


Nagaw Charge vs 71: 1d100 20 2#2d10k1+5 DAMAGE 15 11
Nagaw Confirm UF vs 71: 1d100 72 FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Finn

Finn sighs, noting down what was said. He may have to edit it for meter when he writes it down for the saga. At least the chant is workable, if a bit overdramatic. He looks over at Goswin and grins for a moment - the boy is at least brave, if kind of dumb.

And then...skaven happen. The grin fades to open-mouthed horror at the huge rat-beast. Then he glances over at the wrangler with the whip.

Let the Slayer have the glory of the beast. Finn raises his axe and charges, hoping that he can at least handle the handler. His axe comes down on the ratman's head.

Attack roll: 1 vs 53, hit.
Location: Head.
Damage: Damage: 8 before TB/Armor.



quote:

WS: 43 TB: 4 SB: 3 W: 11/11 FP: 1/2
Armor: 3 (Body), 1 (Arms)

Axe: 1d10+SB DMG

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

"Uh..."

The sight of the mutant monstrosity momentarily stuns Sinfonie into silence, which is broken by the defiant yells of the slayer as he charges. Moments like these are what separate out adventurers from common folk or 'sane people'. A few days ago Sinfonie would have taken the opportunity to run like everyone who wished to live would. No one could blame her. But some cold piece of steel in her belly grips her instead, and instead of fleeing the town for the dubious safety of the woods she charges the two-headed creature, battering it's left arm.:

Attack vs 63 (Big Mutant, charge, outnumber): 1d100 14

Melee Damage: 1d10+3 6


Although it's doubtful the creature will even feel the impact, she feels pretty good about helping.

"Yeah, get a piece of this, you stupid ugly vermin!"

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Goswin's never been this close to an enemy this big, and he can hardly believe his eyes. Still, he has his companions with him, and he's not ready to turn and run yet.

"T'size o' that mutant! Kill t'mucky thing!" he shouts, and then charges in beside Nagaw and Sinfonie, swinging wildly with his cutlass. Perhaps a bit too wildly. Despite the creature's great bulk, Goswin's blows go wild, missing entirely.

Attack of 78, miss

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Streets of Pinsdorf - Ratepede

The slobbering rat-beast gnashes at Nagaw, slashing out with incisors almost quite literally like daggers. The clumsy choke-chain around its necks, however, tangles, allowing the slayer to batter the nasty thing back with the flat of his axe.

Finn gives the packmaster holding onto the leash a good jab, however. The rat squeals, and continues to scrabble against the wall in an attempt to escape.

Rat-monster attacks Nagaw with each head, fails both attacks. Well, that was disappointing.

Packmaster takes 4 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Sinfonie Schädeldieb

Wounds 12/12 -- Fate 1/3


Encouraged by the apparently positive flow of the battle Sinfonie belabors the mutant around one of it's heads with her cudgel! Again, the effect is probably more psychological than actually damaging.

Attack vs 63 (Big Mutant, aim, outnumber): 1d100 87

Fate Point! Attack vs 63 (Big Mutant, aim, outnumber): 1d100 60

Melee Damage: 1d10+3 7

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply