Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

People datamined a bunch of new costumes like Santa Claus and a Satellaview themed one in the new update 👀 there's also like ten new Hint Art images

Whoa, so more content on the way? Looking forward to Nintendo giving more stuff that I never knew that I wanted but definitely did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Darkest Side incoming

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Darker Side but it concludes in the rabbit boss fight, but they have double hit points and any damage insta-kills Mario, as a tribute to Call of the Wild Master Mode Master Sword Trials.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my balloons should anyone want to find

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My buddy who's pretty good at the game is doing another little balloon popping stream: https://www.twitch.tv/meerio_

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This balloon thing is sort of like a mini Mario Maker for 3D

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As someone who has spent a few dozen hours playing this mode, I found this enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZmzAuvYCJw

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I finally got all 877 non-Darker Side moons. Peeped the darker side and eventually got to the pipe at the end of the first awesome sub-level, thought that was it... second half is going to be a wild ride.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I had enough failed, profitable attempts at the level so far to earn over 3000 coins and start purchasing the new outfits. Cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Balloon trip mode gives you a shitload of coinage as well. I still pop in once in a while and just try some new balloons.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Balloon trip mode gives you a shitload of coinage as well. I still pop in once in a while and just try some new balloons.

Yeah I would definitely peep that for actual coin farming. I'm just surprised I made so much from failed attempts, there's a lot of coins in the level I guess.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that ivy guy posted:

I finally got all 877 non-Darker Side moons. Peeped the darker side and eventually got to the pipe at the end of the first awesome sub-level, thought that was it... second half is going to be a wild ride.

The second half actually isn't so bad once you get past the cloud section IMO. Darker Side is long but it's easier than a lot of the moons at Dark Side.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

The second half actually isn't so bad once you get past the cloud section IMO. Darker Side is long but it's easier than a lot of the moons at Dark Side.

I think the hardest time I had in Dark Side was the collapsing bridge road stage, and that's only because I did it so early in the game before I was really good at moving quickly and before doing the same version of the level with the scooter. I certainly wouldn't consider any of em harder than Darker Side as a whole.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

I think the hardest time I had in Dark Side was the collapsing bridge road stage, and that's only because I did it so early in the game before I was really good at moving quickly and before doing the same version of the level with the scooter. I certainly wouldn't consider any of em harder than Darker Side as a whole.

I found the capless bullet bill bridge to be pretty ruthless, especially the lower half, it probably ate up more of my lives than darker side, even if it ate up less time.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Capless bullet bill and capless piranha ate the most lives for me

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah capless bullet bills and collapsing road was harder than darker side for me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I found capless collapsing road before the real one, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Same here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it too early to hope for a Super Mario Odyssey 2 E3 announcement.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i only did dark side and darker side after getting all the moons in the other kingdoms. the orderly gamer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Maybe, but we could get DLC Kingdom info...

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

The stupid leak that predicted the may 7th info for online stuff reports luigi coming as a playable character in odyssey with like 50 new moons, and then wario and waluigi with the same amount of new moons each. This statement alone discredits the entire leak imo even though it got stuff right so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't believe leaks ever bc they're rarely ever correct

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Yeah and i have no idea why or how luigi would be playable considering he's already a prominent NPC.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

luigi can do anything he wants to do.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

that ivy guy posted:

Yeah and i have no idea why or how luigi would be playable considering he's already a prominent NPC.

Funky Kong was the only NPC in Tropical Freeze and he's playable now. Nintendo can do anything.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Miyamoto would self-immolate before he would allow Waluigi in a mainline Mario platformer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Miyamoto would self-immolate before he would allow Waluigi in a mainline Mario platformer.
He would climb a tree and never come down.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Same, but for some reason it wasn't nearly as bad for me as bullet bills or even the capless new donk city sewer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nintendo makes it impossible to disprove leaks because Duck Hunt is in Smash Brothers.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that leak was 100% made up but they guessed one thing correctly so now it's making the rounds again

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

remember that luigi clones are canon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

remember that luigi clones are canon

mario galaxy clone luigi is from an alternate reality where mario died.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

NienNunb posted:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is this the first reference to Waluigi in a mainstream Mario game?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

and hopefully the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

http://papermario.wikia.com/wiki/W_Emblem
http://papermario.wikia.com/wiki/L_Emblem

But it's not exactly the most mainstream mario i suppose.

• Locked thread