Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found this wiki full of crazy bootleg carts and videos of gameplay http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/BootlegGames_Wiki some real gems in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Assassin's Creed is a Russian hack of the unreleased port of the SNES version Dragon's Lair. It was released for the Sega Mega Drive by an unknown company. Since the original game was released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows, this game was released some time after 2007.

Trivia

• This game is a Russian translation of Dragon's Lair, despite the title screen saying otherwise.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There are very few differences in poo poo compared to the original Pac-Man. The title screen is set up in a similar way to Pac-Man's, but features digitized text introducing the four (renamed) ghosts; "THIS IS JOEY, PAUL, WILLY, AND FRANKIE"; the ghosts proceed to spin after this is stated.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Mario 4: Space Odyssey

The story is that Mario and Luigi are watching the stars until an unknown alien army (in the intro they resemble the Shroobs from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time) comes to destroy the Mushroom Kingdom. This game is regarded as being hard to beat due to the level design and controls. The ending shows the castle restored, and the shroobs fleeing from the Mushroom Kingdom. The final boss is a giant Fawful head just moving in 4 frames looking like Pac-Man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Btw this stemmed from me stumbling onto this frankly incredibly impressive Street Fighter 2 famicom port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hQjFpGB6_k

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gran Turismo 5 is an unlicensed Russian hack of Fun Car Rally and is based on the 2010 PlayStation 3 game for Sega Mega Drive.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The game is unchanged except for the sprite of Yogi being replaced by Shrek, who collects picnic baskets (like in the original game). The dialogue has also been translated to Russian. Strangely, the first level is a snow level (just like the original game), even though there are no snow scenes in any of the Shrek movies.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Advanced hacking initiated

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Btw this stemmed from me stumbling onto this frankly incredibly impressive Street Fighter 2 famicom port

i nominate this for the next tournament

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also that company is badass http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Hummer_Team

quote:

All the names used before J.Y. Company era (particularly in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and Street Fighter IV) are too hard to track because they are a lot more generic and different than the ones used in 1997.
Games

These are games that are known to be made by them.
NES/Famicom

SuperTone, Ge De Industry, and Yoko Soft era:

Jing Ke Xin Zhuan (SuperTone) - 1992
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Yoko Soft) - 1992
Master Fighter VI' (Yoko Soft) - 1993
Street Fighter IV (Gouder Co.) - 1993
Kart Fighter (Ge De Industry Co.) - 1994-5
Somari (Someri Team, released by Ge De Industry Co.) - 1994 (With its hacks being published by Ka Sheng in 1996-97)
AV Bishoujo Senshi Girl Fighting (Someri Team, released by Ge De Industry Co.) - 1994
AV Jiu Ji Ma Jiang II - 1995 (Published by Ge De Industry and later reprinted by KaSheng)
Garou Densetsu Special - 1995 (Later published and hacked multiple times by KaSheng)

J.Y. Company and Ka Sheng era:

Dragon Ball Z - Super Butoden 2 (JY) - 1994
Mortal Kombat II (JY) - 1994 (Hacked to produce an '18 Peoples' version)
Aladdin (JY) - 1995 (Hacked multiple times to produce title screen hacks, as well as Popeye II: Travels in Persia)
Mortal Kombat II Special (JY) - 1995 (Hacked to produce Mortal Kombat III Special and Mortal Kombat 3 Special 56 Peoples)
Power Rangers III (JY) - 1995 (Hacked to produce Power Rangers IV)
Super Mario World (JY) - 1995
Shin Samurai Spirits 2 (JY) - 1996
Sanguo Chunqiu: Sichuan Sheng (Ka Sheng) - 1996 (Modified and rereleased by ABAB Soft in the 2000s)
Tekken 2 (JY) - 1996 (Bundled with a hack called Toshinden)
Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final (Ka Sheng) - 1996 (Exists in both English and Chinese, hacked multiple times)
Donkey Kong Country 4 (JY) - 1997 (Bundled with a hack called Jungle Book 2 which was also sold on single cartridge.)
Earthworm Jim 3 (Ka Sheng) - 1997
Street Fighter Zero 2 '97 (Ka Sheng) - 1997 (Later hacked to produce Street Fighter Zero 2)
Tiny Toon Adventures 6 (JY) - 1997
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 4 (Ka Sheng) - 1997
King of Fighters '96 (Ka Sheng) - 1998 (Made for JY Company, but published by Ka Sheng)
Final Fight 3 (JY) - 1998

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i know in brazil theres a 3rd party company still making master systems and probably games for it. though theyre actually licensed i believe

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Rockman 7 is mainly a title screen hack of Rockman 6 for Famicom, made by an unknown hacker. The major addition this game has over the original game is that your health can be restored by pressing the "Up" and "Select" buttons at the same time. The game start with 9 lives instead 3.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

It doesn't seem to be on that wiki but I have a romhack of Kung Fu on my NES Mini called KoRn Fu

I'm not sure how it's related to KoRn

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The crouch attacks seem a bit buggy; it is possible to cancel almost all of your animations when crouching. Because of this, it is possible to prevent yourself from dying by using the crouch attack to cancel the death animation. This, combined with the debug menu and various unused data, suggests that Titenic is actually unfinished.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think ive told this story before but i grew up in a really poor area so i had a psx that was modded to play isos ("chipped"), and every 2 weeks or so a guy would visit our neighborhood and sell burnt ps1 games out of the trunk of his hatchback for next to nothing. i had the only ps1 in my street so i ended up with like 150 ps1 games since friends would get money for games they wanted to play and keep them at my house. anyway a lot of the discs had like start up screens before the game started where you could enable tons of cheats like god mode and all of that action replay type stuff , i always wondered how the people burning the discs hacked those in. some of them had like really elaborate pixel designs in them too, basically like a SNES title screen looking menu with a list of cheats

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
There are hacks of arcade games that are better than the original. The ones for Street Fighter II were so good, they shamed Capcom into releasing the "Turbo" edition, with much faster gameplay and more moves.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Iraq war 2003 [sega mega drive]

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Cool looking double size game boy cart with reset button

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Terrifying_911

Terrifying 9/11 (Chinese: 驚爆 911) is a pirate Game Boy Color game released some time after the 9/11 attacks by Hitek in Taiwan, and was later released by Li Cheng in China under the name of 特種部隊 2 基地. The game is an unlicensed port of Metal Slug 1.

When a level is beaten, an exchange between George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden takes place.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

yeah actually they will posted:

lol cool

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Awesome lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Iraq war 2003 [sega mega drive]

The changes they made for 03 were lame., my friends and all ended up sticking with 02.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

In Training posted:

The changes they made for 03 were lame., my friends and all ended up sticking with 02.

i feel like '02 was really janky and i dont think they knew how to approach a project that big, it was the first attempt to reboot the franchise after they abandoned it for like a decade so im a little nostalgic for it but in retrospect it was a mess

but no doubt '03 was a big let down, and all i remember of '04 is the cool patriotic music when you beat a level and got the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner and bush face :xd:

then i hear they put in some settlement rebuilding and no one enjoys that bullshit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

dromal phrenia posted:

i feel like '02 was really janky and i dont think they knew how to approach a project that big, it was the first attempt to reboot the franchise after they abandoned it for like a decade so im a little nostalgic for it but in retrospect it was a mess

but no doubt '03 was a big let down, and all i remember of '04 is the cool patriotic music when you beat a level and got the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner and bush face :xd:

then i hear they put in some settlement rebuilding and no one enjoys that bullshit

leave

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Street Fighter IV (NES, 1993)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Bananas in Pajamas (Known as Bananas de Pijamas) is a pirate SNES hack of Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool, made by Twin Eagles Group.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
ah yes, the strong chinned third brother "4"

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Super Donkey Kong 5 (超级驴子5, Chāojí lǘzi 5) (not to be confused with Donkey Kong 5), also known as Gorilla 3

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

poo poo is a MSX game released in 1985 by Aackosoft. The game is a clone of Pac-Man, featuring digitized voice among other minimal tweaks. The game received infamy for rather obvious reasons.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

RYU'S DESIRE IS TO BE A COMPETENT WRESTLER. HE LIVES A ROAMING TRIP FOR THE PRESENT HI STILL IS NOT A COMPETENT WRESTLER HE HAS NO SETTING PLACE AND NO JOB. ALL OF HIS PROPERTY ARE A SUIT OF KONG-FU CLOTHES AND A RIBBON WHICH IS TIED AROUND HIS HEAD. WHATEVER SEASON AND WEATHER , HE ALWAYS WEARS A SUIT OF KONG-FU CLOTHES WALKI NG ALONE ON HIS ROAD. EVERYONE WHO MEET HIM WOULD THINK SO , "WHERE DOES THIS GUY COME FORM?"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cat Machine posted:

It doesn't seem to be on that wiki but I have a romhack of Kung Fu on my NES Mini called KoRn Fu

I'm not sure how it's related to KoRn

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should submit it to the wiki

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that pwns

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i know in brazil theres a 3rd party company still making master systems and probably games for it. though theyre actually licensed i believe

Yeah Tec Toy has a contract with Sega to make and sell these loving things even today and they had weird rear end ports of games like Adventure Island that was changed to be about the comic book "Monica's Gang" ( I played that one 20 years ago!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh wait the Monica games were hacks of Wonder Boy.

• Locked thread