Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Ugh, [b]both days,[b]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

FML

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
I admit I'm pretty pleased with myself right now.

Role claiming might be in order here, if anyone has night action info.

Other than that, I'd like to go back and consider the day1 near-lynch on merk:

At 4 votes (3 within 15 minutes of eachother), there seemed to be a huge rush for lynching out of nowhere. We know COAC was vote number 3, 10 minutes before wren. Vote #3 seema very risky for a newbie to vote a scumbuddy. In my eyes, this near- vindicates Merk completely. I just dont see COAC putting on that vote against a scumbuddy. In fact, this puts doubt in my eyes for anyone still pushing merk after COAC flipped as scum (though many people have done this).

So who was vote #4, before I pulled my vote minutes later to restore order? Wren:

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm following along to see what will happen. None of the arguments seem very strong to me but this one seems like it's strongest and has a plurality of people behind it.

## vote merk

meow.

I think this is a very suspicious was to do 4th vote. But I'm not ready to vote against anyone yet.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mafia edit: of the other 2 votes for merk, mine was first, and I believe strongly justified. nevergirl, of course, has since flipped town. So the question is: were two votes on that bandwagon scum, or only COAC?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

##vote coac

Doesn't know the town alignment.

This was a good post. And as the first vote on COAC, when minimal heat was on him, it seems pretty free from claims of scumbuddy backstabbing.

I like Podima for town.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tbf my excuse for day 2 no vote was that it was p much a turbo and i was busy p much the entire day. i was able to post during the beginning of the day a lil bit and i didnt which is bad from me but it got active around the time i got busy so then the turbo went thru and i checked my phone and was like wow they alrdy coac

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm not sure what roleclaiming means.

You're talking about the timing of my voting on Day 1, not Day 2, right, 2 penny bottle imp? I definitely wasn't sure what to do and I'm not sure of the importance of the 3rd and 4th votes and so on...

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Let's also look at who the baddies killed the first night and what nevergirls said.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## vote flerp

- Posts feel fake-helpful
- Flip can help us learn about imp and merk and me I guess potentially
- hasn't voted

GenericGirlName also not great and can vote on them

both of you should vote for somebody

Mord voting nolynch is stupid

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

Let's also look at who the baddies killed the first night and what nevergirls said.

That's after a couple different jokey votes from him the first day without a lot of justification. I think that's the first one with a long explanation. He was also pushing us to lynch the first day.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

lol holy poo poo

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm not sure what roleclaiming means.

You're talking about the timing of my voting on Day 1, not Day 2, right, 2 penny bottle imp? I definitely wasn't sure what to do and I'm not sure of the importance of the 3rd and 4th votes and so on...

Roleclaiming is when someone claims to have a special role, like doctor or detective. Such a person could have secret information they learned from their night actions. It is not always best to claim your role, because then scum have incentive to target you.

I understand about how your timing may have just been bad luck. And I think your new comment re: flerp is interesting.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh my god wren its you isnt it

theres an emote i was looking for but i cant find it so im gonna use this one instead :henget: mostly because i like it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nah this is desperation from flerp. Given how fast the night went it sure was convenient that he's now reiterated twice "whoops I sure wasn't around! funny that!"

##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im cool with getting lynched, ive already got this poo poo figured out for you guys.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ill flip vt btw put that in your calculators for tmrw

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WrenP-Complete posted:

Go for it; I'm a kitty cat. And I've voted both days, once for sure for a baddy.

Here are the votecounts, compiled.

I like flerp for a baddy since they didn't vote either day.

I like merk for a baddy since CoaC voted for them both days, and they'd know that was a baddy and look good for them since there wasn't a majority to lynch them either day.

Disagree on merk, look back at coac's posts. He didn't just vote merk, he pushed a case on him consistently both days. That doesn't feel like scum trying to casually throw their buddy under the bus to me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WrenP-Complete posted:

That's after a couple different jokey votes from him the first day without a lot of justification. I think that's the first one with a long explanation. He was also pushing us to lynch the first day.

Remind me how flerp was pushing us to lynch the first day? Memory says he was taking the "I don't have any scum reads so I'm not gonna vote" tack which is bad enough in and of itself

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I admit I'm pretty pleased with myself right now.

Role claiming might be in order here, if anyone has night action info.

Other than that, I'd like to go back and consider the day1 near-lynch on merk:

At 4 votes (3 within 15 minutes of eachother), there seemed to be a huge rush for lynching out of nowhere. We know COAC was vote number 3, 10 minutes before wren. Vote #3 seema very risky for a newbie to vote a scumbuddy. In my eyes, this near- vindicates Merk completely. I just dont see COAC putting on that vote against a scumbuddy. In fact, this puts doubt in my eyes for anyone still pushing merk after COAC flipped as scum (though many people have done this).

So who was vote #4, before I pulled my vote minutes later to restore order? Wren:

I think this is a very suspicious was to do 4th vote. But I'm not ready to vote against anyone yet.

BTW that rush on coac is exactly what makes me few good about the folks on the vote - I don't think scum would have piled onto scum so fast like that, with the exception of MAYBE the hammer as a "gently caress it they're dead already" (but their "oh poo poo may as well finish it" seemed organic enough the way it shook out).

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Podima posted:

Disagree on merk, look back at coac's posts. He didn't just vote merk, he pushed a case on him consistently both days. That doesn't feel like scum trying to casually throw their buddy under the bus to me.

Yes. I looked back and I think you're right about that. I think I just got messed up because of the both days thing.

I think the fact that nevergirls said to vote flerp with justification and then got killed the first night is all the reasoning I need though.

##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
man can u have at least a bit of respect for me. i dont get to play scum game that often but im not THAT bad where i'd do a nk that bad.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also normally id say you should let other people have the chance to vote before you turbo but ive already won the game for you guys so its w/e

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
chance to vote and talk*

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I might be down for a flerp lynch but don't want to rush it. Some people haven't even had a day 2 post, let alone day 3.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

flerp posted:

also normally id say you should let other people have the chance to vote before you turbo but ive already won the game for you guys so its w/e

How exactly did you win the game for "us"?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

How exactly did you win the game for "us"?

wren's scum

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm not scum, though I'm not sure how much that assertion matters. I've voted both days and participated, even if I wasn't sure what was going on. flerp has been posting but without voting.

Podima is saying flerp seems scummy for a variety of reasons.

Day 1, nevergirls said that flerp seemed scummy and got lynched. Now on Day 3, I'm saying flerp seems scummy and flerp is saying I'm scum. :thunk:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote wren thats mostly for the emote tbh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i only cast votes for scumbos

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

flerp posted:

i only cast votes for scumbos

and emotes

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nice try

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
thunk is perfectly fine as an emote

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

lol v nice

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

thunk is perfectly fine as an emote

its not bad on sa but its very bad in other places tbh

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm traveling tomorrow (to Cleveland for my cousin's bar mitzvah) so my posting may be limited (alternatively I'll be bored on the roadtrip and post a lot, who knows?). :jewish:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

flerp (2): Podima, WrenP-Complete
WrenP-Complete (1): flerp

Not Voting (3): 2 penny bottle imp, GenericGirlName, merk

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 01st, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 19 minutes.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm happy we killed a scumbo but also feel kind of lovely because it wasn't until I made the correct/bolded vote post did I realize I was number 5 on the vote. Obviously I'm glad we killed a scum, but I feel like I might have cut off more discussion that could have given us more to work today/D3. I was going to write here that I didnt feel flerp on a gut level, but in an attempt to flesh that out more I cannot find a good justification for disagreeing. I do think it would be wildly hypocritical of me to vote flerp based on "didnt vote D1" when I didn't vote and also had no confident reads. On the other hand we have that nevergirls pointed at flerp, which does look like a kill done to thin out anyone who was already active suspicious.

I do agree with 2 penny's read on Wren-P's vote but keep coming back to this post

Mordiceius posted:

I'm not voting Merk, so if you want to lynch him, you'll have to do it without my support. I stand by my view of being hesitant to do any day one lynch.

The people that have raised my suspicions are WrenP and CotC. One is likely scum but whichever one is scum, the other, I feel, is most assuredly town. Regardless, I would not lynch either of them today.

Which at the time I felt was sound logic. With mord gone now and CoaC flipping scum I think I'm inclined to follow along with this because Wren+CoaC doesnt feel like a good scum pairing based on their interactions in the thread. On another reread I think that leaves me with flerp as most likely to be scum. I would drop a vote now but I honestly respect Podima's opinions and I feel both Podima and Wren are 99% town.

I'll need to reread more but here is my current feelings on everyone

podima - town
Wren-P - town
2 Penny - ?but probably town
flerp - ?scummy
merk - ?scummy

This was arrived at mostly in this order and I really still dislike most of merk's D1 posts and that dumb cat poo poo from the beginning. That being said I would be loving amazed if merk was actually scum because that would mean that a scum drew so much attention and annoyance towards themself D1 and then killed a person who openly supported them???? I don't know anyone's histories playing mafia here so idk how crazy that is , but it just seems bonkers to me.

Yea so I guess after all of this thinking typing I feel confident in the flerp vote. I just cant see anyone else...

##vote flerp

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

This was a good post. And as the first vote on COAC, when minimal heat was on him, it seems pretty free from claims of scumbuddy backstabbing.

I like Podima for town.

This was the easiest post a scum buddy could make. It was obvious that COAC was going down.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I still think it's Podima, like a lot.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah: ##vote Podima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

flerp posted:

hmmmm i think based on how quick the last day went, its likely one of the last votes or the non voters are the scumbos. out of the non voters (me or merk) i think i look the most suspicious cause of the vote on merk by coac and a new scumbo voting for his bud doesnt feel likely (but possible). i mean, im not the right choice but thats not much solace for anybody for me to say.

the other two of the last votes id called "suspicious" (which is mostly for its timing as the last votes) is wren and girlname. girlname gives an actual case instead of a lazy vote so thats a plus. wren's only post last day was saying one thing was sketchy that everyone else already called suspect. idk kinda want to go thru wren's posts to see if theres anything but i just got out of class.

For those of you voting flerp, do you think this is a post a scum makes? This isn't a loaded question. It's the weirdest post in his post history and am asking for opinions without having formed my own yet.

• Locked thread