Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

First, I've literally won a game as scum by no lynching with a fake Doctor claim, holding the nk, and then being all 'I protected [someone] so it has to be [someone else].'

Second, if we actually lynch someone, Podima (if actually town) blocks a kill, then we get two lynches instead of one lynch. Also, lynching right now (if Podima is actually town), gives the doctor LESS TARGETS TO PROTECT THEREFORE INCERASING THE CHANCE OF B LOCKING THE NK HOLY poo poo PODIMA IS SO OBVIOUSLY SCUM WHAT ARE WE DOING

If we mislynch and I fail to block the kill (even a 50% chance is still less than a 100% chance), that's endgame. That's riskier than no-lynching, which guarantees us an extra day of discussion and puts the decision in a group's hands rather than me winning a coin flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:ghost: go scum! :ghost:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I have been reading but not posting because I'm in a work meeting. It would be really cool if this day didn't overlap exactly with my work day :/

I want to make a long post concerning Merk, I think they're very scummy but I do not have the time to do so right now. I'm hoping I can get that long post between 5pm and 6pm.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Podima posted:

If we mislynch and I fail to block the kill (even a 50% chance is still less than a 100% chance), that's endgame. That's riskier than no-lynching, which guarantees us an extra day of discussion and puts the decision in a group's hands rather than me winning a coin flip.

If you're a Town Doctor, lynching and relying on your protection puts the decision of whether town wins the game completely in your hands. Why would a Town Doctor want anything besides that?

Ok everyone else. What do I have to do to put you in a new lynch Podima car today?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

I have been reading but not posting because I'm in a work meeting. It would be really cool if this day didn't overlap exactly with my work day :/

I want to make a long post concerning Merk, I think they're very scummy but I do not have the time to do so right now. I'm hoping I can get that long post between 5pm and 6pm.

I'm a he. If you think I'm scummy, you haven't been following the game. Why would my scum buddy try to get me lynched day 1? Why would I kill Mord who said that I'm not scum?

Ok, now that is great. Let's move on to discussing why we should win the game today by lynching Podima.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

GenericGirlName posted:

I buy it. I know my phone is often logged in when I'm not actively reading.

I think it's Merk as well; coac may have just been told to press merk hard for credibility.

But I want another day.

## vote no lynch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
YES I MAY HAVE TOLD COAC TO PRESS ME ON DAY 1 TO ALMOST NEAR LYNCH IN ORDER TO LOOK TOWNIE

WHAT WORLD IS THIS

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

merk posted:

YES I MAY HAVE TOLD COAC TO PRESS ME ON DAY 1 TO ALMOST NEAR LYNCH IN ORDER TO LOOK TOWNIE

WHAT WORLD IS THIS

You are making a lot of weird arguments today. Could you address the problems I noted with your podima analysis in my last post?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

If you're a Town Doctor, lynching and relying on your protection puts the decision of whether town wins the game completely in your hands. Why would a Town Doctor want anything besides that?

I just explained exactly this - it's a coinflip, which is not what I want.

Do me this favor. Disengage the tunneling and look at GenericGirlName. I could just vote no lynch right now and end the day but I want to actually TALK to you.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, you swapped back to me, I forgot. My point still stands, look at GGN for a hot minute.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

2 penny bottle imp posted:

You are making a lot of weird arguments today. Could you address the problems I noted with your podima analysis in my last post?

No

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I support the no lynch and wish I was in a situation where I could easily do a reread of podima's posts along with merk's stance. I feel really strongly that podima isnt faking the role claim and between Merk and 2penny Merk's entire railing for podima screams scum who wants town to get rid of the biggest threat especially now that the role claim has been made.

I understand why podima suspects me :( I haven't been the most contributing townie. I don't think my posts about coac were so hedgy/more hedgy than any other posts I've made in this thread....

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Podima (1): merk, merk, merk
Lynch No One! (1): merk, merk, 2 penny bottle imp

Not Voting (2): GenericGirlName, Podima

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 01st, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 2 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GenericGirlName posted:

I'm waiting for this, BTW - very interested to hear what you've got to share!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Okay here is my Merk post:

Firstly I'm going to say that I am purposefully disregarding the hammering of flerp because if I point at that as "you purposefully ended discussion early to prevent more discussion!!!" it would be really dumb because I did literally the exact same thing by accident so I just cannot in good faith say "how could you hammer and not know!!!" when apparently I'm the hugest idiot alive and did exactly that.

I will say though that:

merk posted:

I knew it was hammer after I hit 'Submit Reply,' but I'm not that sorry about it.

Is really disheartening to read. Lynches need to happen but denying fellow town opportunities to speak or discuss or hunt should make a townie feel bad imo.

I think scum really benefits from getting Podima killed asap and with as little discussion as possible. I thought that even before Podima's role claim and I now feel doubely as strong about it, so these following posts rub me the wrong way for that reason.

merk posted:

Podima is scum, guys. We can either not vote Podima and lose the game or vote Podima and lynch another scum. It's up to you.

##vote Podima

merk posted:

Oh, you're right that we should no lynch with four alive and likely no town Doctor (Roleblocker flipped). I'm immediately voting Podima if I'm alive tomorrow though, so there's that.

##vote no lynch
(and merk's next two posts are more of the same)

I have tried to follow the NKs for more information about who the scum is and its not leading me to anything definitive, which leads me to believe that those NKs are either just bad kills (which flerp said before getting hammered) or are being purposfully chosen to create chaos at the end and keep town with as little information as possible.

And to address this post:

merk posted:

I'm a he. If you think I'm scummy, you haven't been following the game. Why would my scum buddy try to get me lynched day 1? Why would I kill Mord who said that I'm not scum?

Ok, now that is great. Let's move on to discussing why we should win the game today by lynching Podima.

You have already pointed out that youre a clever scum player, bizarre plays or even misplays being used as evidence that youre NOT scum doesn't hold as well. I've found from playing IRL mafia that I have a better time finding scum by just looking for the least town and not the most scummy person(if that makes sense? theyre not always mutually exclusive) because a lot of things happen that make a person appear scummy, but I think its a lot harder to fake being town because at a certain point youre working against yourself and that is just hard to maintain. Also opening the game with scum buddies goes for each other doesn't seem like that bizarre a tactic to me because yea its terrible if it doesn't work out but if it does work out it give you a lot of room to be scummy without people feeling as strongly about voting you because you made that risky investment early on.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Podima posted:

I'm waiting for this, BTW - very interested to hear what you've got to share!

Oh hi! Sorry to keep you waiting. I also went back and read that post you linked on scum hunting and I don't disagree with anything in that post but it all feels really easy to game? In your opinion which parts are HARDEST for scum to fake? (Also this question is directed at everyone i guess) (but also gently caress im sorry for posting this so close to the end of day ughhhh)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So to sum up: you think merk is scum. Solid. (And I mean that.)

Let's see how tonight goes! ##vote no lynch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Running stuff out to the grill but the short answer is that it's hardest for scum to call townies scum.

That's part of why o get concerned about merk's pushing me so hard - there's no rationale behind it, today. He's just pushing what he started with on day 1 without addressing the rest of the game's posting.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I think thats a solid piece of advice.
##vote no lynch

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Lynch No One! (3): merk, merk, 2 penny bottle imp, Podima, GenericGirlName
Podima (1): merk, merk, merk

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 01st, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 minute.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cabot: It is now Night 4. Please get your actions in ASAP! :cabot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cabot: It is now Day 5. :cabot:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (4): 2 penny bottle imp, GenericGirlName, merk, Podima

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
JUKED

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I protected 2 penny. :c00lbert: You're stuck with me for another day!

Let's talk. I'm feeling merk way more than i was yesterday. It's 100% down to merk or GGN, and I liked GGN a hell of a lot more at the end of the day yesterday than I did merk.

Scum wanted to force a merk - GGN - me final three, which is unsurprising.

Also there's the meta thing - I submitted my action instantly at hammer (actually preloaded) and the day didn't open for a bit, when GGN was posting right at day end. That's iffy because it relies on the mod, but I still factor it in.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hold up I'm thinking about it a little bit.

If GGN is scum, bringing merk to LYLO is a duh factor, because if he's not scum he loses town the game by insta-voting me. (PLEASE reread the game and think about it instead of tunneling if you're town, merk.)

If merk is scum, he's kind of hosed - both GGN and 2 penny feel good about me (thank you) so I guess bringing GGN is the best he can do to try and sway towards voting me (or to sway me towards voting him), as 2 penny has pretty much kicked rear end all game.

Also I'm not voting one way or another yet because at this point I think we should talk about it - if we no-lynch again, scum is going to kill 2 penny (since I can't protect him twice in a row) and we'll be right back in the same spot having the same conversation minus one town player.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Okay, with this new information I am extremely feeling merk for the final scum. I am glad 2 penny is safe.

## vote merk

I'm putting my vote now but as per usual I hope there is lots of discussion. I'm not sure what the alternatives are though.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GenericGirlName posted:

Okay, with this new information I am extremely feeling merk for the final scum. I am glad 2 penny is safe.

## vote merk

I'm putting my vote now but as per usual I hope there is lots of discussion. I'm not sure what the alternatives are though.

Sorry I'm going to grill you. What "new information" are you talking about here? You had a scum read on merk at the end of the day, and I didn't see any suspicion elsewhere. What's new that pushes you further towards merk?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Podima posted:

Sorry I'm going to grill you. What "new information" are you talking about here? You had a scum read on merk at the end of the day, and I didn't see any suspicion elsewhere. What's new that pushes you further towards merk?

I meant the new information of no kill happening at night. I guess I phrased that poorly? But I meant this new information did NOT sway me to think otherwise so I am (STILL) extremely feeling merk for scum. Does that make more sense?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yep thanks. Let's see when the others check in.

P.S. 2 penny, this should be blatantly obvious but don't put a vote down yet, let's talk first to avoid a quickhammer.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Haha I really only gave it a 40% chance on there being doctor.

Generic didn't counterclaim. Merk didn't counterclaim yet. So it must be you. So youre town and no one can deny that. Fantastic!

Merk's crazy logic yesterday was really suspicious to me. It felt like Michael Bluth trying to organize the roommate voting in Arrested Development season 4 (if you've never seen it sorry but I can't find the clip). ie: He was constructing a weird logic path that made no sense on the whole. It was just was a step by step path to insanity.

I give generic maybe a 20% chance of being scum at the moment.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Haha I really only gave it a 40% chance on there being doctor.

Generic didn't counterclaim. Merk didn't counterclaim yet. So it must be you. So youre town and no one can deny that. Fantastic!

Merk's crazy logic yesterday was really suspicious to me. It felt like Michael Bluth trying to organize the roommate voting in Arrested Development season 4 (if you've never seen it sorry but I can't find the clip). ie: He was constructing a weird logic path that made no sense on the whole. It was just was a step by step path to insanity.

I give generic maybe a 20% chance of being scum at the moment.

I too feel merk over generic. Do you want to think about it/wait to see what he posts today, or do you want to vote?

I admit to being a little selfish here because given the choice between the two, I think GGN has played a better game than merk. If he's scum and merk's not, GGN deserves the win IMO. merk doesn't.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
that is to say i want to kill merk as bad scum, and will be very surprised (but not that mad) if GGN managed to own us.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

If we mis-lynch, we still have a coinflip on grabbing the win (Podima please pay attention this is important). If we mis-lynch merk then generic, as scum in this scenario, may not know who to nk for the win. Sorry generic no offense youre just newer.

Also for the record I'm vanilla town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

If we mis-lynch, we still have a coinflip on grabbing the win (Podima please pay attention this is important). If we mis-lynch merk then generic, as scum in this scenario, may not know who to nk for the win. Sorry generic no offense youre just newer.

Also for the record I'm vanilla town.

Hard copy. ##vote merk

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I should probably wait for merk to have a defence, but I wont be able to post again tonight and I'm happy about this.

## vote merk

:hammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

merk (3): GenericGirlName, Podima, 2 penny bottle imp

Not Voting (1): merk

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cabot: On Day 5, merk, Cat-Aligned Vanilla, was sent to Uncle Jonny's Ranch! :cabot:

It is now Night 5. Please send in actions ASAP and I will get to them as soon as I can.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cabot: It is now Day 6. :cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy