Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm in if you still need someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Podima is confirmed scum.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I am a cat and certainly not a dog.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Trap sprung.

##vote Cold on a Cob

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So is this all you're going to say all game? Not very towny behaviour I think.

You're trying too hard.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Maybe it's just me, but 5 posts with just 'MEOW' is an indication of annoyance to come. Personally I think it's an easy way to be 'involved' in the game without needing to commit to any opinions. At best, it's just a townie being distracting.

YMMV.

We're an hour into day one and you're already :spergin:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Cold on the Cob is scum.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

They sprung my trap. My trap only traps scum.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I haven't played in years. Worst thing that can happen is we lynched a non-contributing town. Best thing is I eliminated scum.

Never lynch newbies day 1.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Because most newbies don't know how to play and/or not good at playing from the start so unless they come out saying "Lynch me. I'm literally anti-town aligned" it is nearly impossible to properly read anything into their actions day 1. By the end of day 2, and with any intel that may come from njght 1, it's easier to get a proper read on newbies.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

As of lately, I've become less interested in day 1 lynches as most of the time you end up in situations like this where there are no strong reads toward anyone. When in this situation we end up lynching off minimal information. Thus it is lot easier for scum to sway the town and have us end up lynching Town.

Then day 2, they can play it dumb because "nobody had good reads on anyone and we had to Lynch someone."

##vote Nolynch

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'll post when I'm out of class in two hours.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Podima posted:

Elaborate, please.

I doubled down on them because I was trying to pressure at least something more out of them. They contributed pretty much zero and then today they were very quick to hop on the Merk bandwagon.

I'm not voting Merk, so if you want to lynch him, you'll have to do it without my support. I stand by my view of being hesitant to do any day one lynch.

The people that have raised my suspicions are WrenP and CotC. One is likely scum but whichever one is scum, the other, I feel, is most assuredly town. Regardless, I would not lynch either of them today.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Your timing is off here; CoaC didn't interact with Merk until well after you doubled down on your joke vote. Are you saying the two events are related in some way?

I never said that he interacted with Merk before I doubled down.

"I doubled down on them because I was trying to pressure at least something more out of them. They contributed pretty much zero and then today they were very quick to hop on the Merk bandwagon."

My doubling down was an attempt to force something out of them. Today, their main content was to bandwagon Merk. Hence why I am still suspicious of them.

merk posted:

This post is bad for two reasons:
1. Mordiceius is telling us that he knows that I'm town. Negatively talking about an upcoming lynch of a townie is a good way to look townie after the flip happens.

2. Mordiceius is talking in absolutes about alignment on page 4 of a day 1 game between a relationship of two players flipping with very limited content from each. This is invented scum hunting.

1 - Not sure how you gathered that. At no point did I say you were town. I just said that I wasn't comfortable with a Day 1 lynch on you.

2 - As for me feeling between WrenP and CotC, I'm just going on gut on that. I feel that one is likely scum, but also, I feel that it would be near impossible for them both to be. So I'm suspicious of each of them individually but not together.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

merk posted:

This post bothers me a lot, but I can't tell whether WrenP is a super newbie town or super newbie scum. I'm leaning scum because he is making sure to distance himself from the lynch of town.

It's an odd post because it's very directly saying "I have no opinions of my own, so I'm just going to follow everyone else." Which, in day 1, feels hard to derive any meaning from.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'll probably get raked over the coals for this post:

Maybe I'm trying to read too much into the meta of the game and over analyze everything, but I wonder how the roles were handed out in that I wonder if the roles were 100% randomized out or whether Foo would have put their thumb on the scale. I would speculate, that for a newbie game, one would want to make sure there are veteran players on both teams since otherwise, things could have the possibility of ending very quickly. Hence I could see a more veteran playing doing their best to appear super townie and extra helpful toward newbies to try to sway the town to believe in them.

This is just some empty speculative analysis and I'll probably get called scum since I spent a post questioning and speculating on the game itself instead of hunting for bad arguments from people, but there's not a lot of posting to go off of, so I went on this tangent.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Don't lynch lurkers day one.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

flerp posted:

i dont see podima mostly because i agree w/ him

This is a bad statement.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

nah, i'm not waiting for "permission". i didn't realize i was expected to vote asap or as soon as i express my opinion about someone's scum status. :shrug:

##vote merk

I don't like this post at all.
##vote Cold on a Cob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I was CONVINCED that Podima was scum. Lol

• Locked thread