Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I am new to this game and hopefully you all will help me play. :shobon:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I don't get how to play. :(

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oh no, I refreshed and saw the post above mine.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Start by reading the thread and then say who you think is scum!

But... I don't know why I would think anyone in particular was scum.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Podima posted:

Actually here it is: http://pastebin.com/uCStJU10

Pastebin is blocked at work so I can't confirm if that's still a valid link, but here's a direct link to the post it contains (requires archives):
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&pagenumber=72&perpage=40#post461786743

Thanks!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm following along to see what will happen. None of the arguments seem very strong to me but this one seems like it's strongest and has a plurality of people behind it.

## vote merk

meow.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm following along to see what will happen. None of the arguments seem very strong to me but this one seems like it's strongest and has a plurality of people behind it.

## vote merk

meow.

Oh does it need to be bold?

## vote merk

meow.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Podima posted:

More specific - pick a couple of arguments and explain why you think they aren't strong, please!

Sure!

Argument 1:

Cold on a Cob posted:

I know it's a weak flavour trap. :colbert:

Seems weak. What's a flavor trap?

Argument 2:

Mordiceius posted:

Cold on the Cob is scum.

No evidence provided.

Argument 3:

I have it on good authority that wren is a bird and not a cat

Someone can be a bird IRL and a cat in the game.

Possible argument 4:
Going based on how often someone says meow and how they integrate that into their posts.

Seems easy to fake.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm a she.

This is my second game ever and the first one didn't work right on Slack, so sorta my first one.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I don't see what we gain from not lynching someone the first day. The townies/cattes are the majority, right? And the baddies vote at night? So we "gather information" but then let them kill a goodie?

Could someone explain why that's a good strategy?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Is this right?

quote:

A Roleblocker chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action. The target's night action will not be performed -- that is, the Roleblocker blocks the target's role from working.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Playing mafia for the first time has made me so :tinfoil: it affected my feelings about adminning an off-site.

"Friends, what if the new people who want to join our slack are scum?"

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

nah, i'm not waiting for "permission". i didn't realize i was expected to vote asap or as soon as i express my opinion about someone's scum status. :shrug:

##vote merk

Huh, it seems like it makes sense to vote right away if you for sure want there to be a lynching... since we didn't lynch yesterday because of time constraints/disagreement. I might be wrong but this just seems really sketchy to me.

##vote Cold on a Cob

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

So we're allowed to discuss now, right?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

flerp posted:

hmmmm i think based on how quick the last day went, its likely one of the last votes or the non voters are the scumbos. out of the non voters (me or merk) i think i look the most suspicious cause of the vote on merk by coac and a new scumbo voting for his bud doesnt feel likely (but possible). i mean, im not the right choice but thats not much solace for anybody for me to say.

the other two of the last votes id called "suspicious" (which is mostly for its timing as the last votes) is wren and girlname. girlname gives an actual case instead of a lazy vote so thats a plus. wren's only post last day was saying one thing was sketchy that everyone else already called suspect. idk kinda want to go thru wren's posts to see if theres anything but i just got out of class.

Go for it; I'm a kitty cat. And I've voted both days, once for sure for a baddy.

Here are the votecounts, compiled.

quote:

Votecount for Day 1

merk (2): 2 penny bottle imp, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, WrenP-Complete, Cold on a Cob, 2 penny bottle imp, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
 Podima (1): merk, merk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, merk
 GenericGirlName (1): 2 penny bottle imp
 Mordiceius (1): Cold on a Cob, Cold on a Cob, merk, merk, Podima
 Lynch No One! (1): Mordiceius
 flerp (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
 Cold on a Cob (0): Mordiceius, Podima, Podima, Mordiceius
 WrenP-Complete (0): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
 2 penny bottle imp (0): merk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, merk
 NevergirlsOFFICIAL (0): Podima, Podima

Not Voting (2): flerp, GenericGirlName

quote:

Votecount for Day 2

Cold on a Cob (5): Podima, 2 penny bottle imp, Mordiceius, WrenP-Complete, GenericGirlName
 merk (1): Cold on a Cob

Not Voting (2): flerp, merk

I like flerp for a baddy since they didn't vote either day.

I like merk for a baddy since CoaC voted for them [b]both days,[b[ and they'd know that was a baddy and look good for them since there wasn't a majority to lynch them either day.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Ugh, [b]both days,[b]

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

FML

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm not sure what roleclaiming means.

You're talking about the timing of my voting on Day 1, not Day 2, right, 2 penny bottle imp? I definitely wasn't sure what to do and I'm not sure of the importance of the 3rd and 4th votes and so on...

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Let's also look at who the baddies killed the first night and what nevergirls said.

## vote flerp

- Posts feel fake-helpful
- Flip can help us learn about imp and merk and me I guess potentially
- hasn't voted

GenericGirlName also not great and can vote on them

both of you should vote for somebody

Mord voting nolynch is stupid

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

Let's also look at who the baddies killed the first night and what nevergirls said.

That's after a couple different jokey votes from him the first day without a lot of justification. I think that's the first one with a long explanation. He was also pushing us to lynch the first day.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Podima posted:

Disagree on merk, look back at coac's posts. He didn't just vote merk, he pushed a case on him consistently both days. That doesn't feel like scum trying to casually throw their buddy under the bus to me.

Yes. I looked back and I think you're right about that. I think I just got messed up because of the both days thing.

I think the fact that nevergirls said to vote flerp with justification and then got killed the first night is all the reasoning I need though.

##vote flerp

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm not scum, though I'm not sure how much that assertion matters. I've voted both days and participated, even if I wasn't sure what was going on. flerp has been posting but without voting.

Podima is saying flerp seems scummy for a variety of reasons.

Day 1, nevergirls said that flerp seemed scummy and got lynched. Now on Day 3, I'm saying flerp seems scummy and flerp is saying I'm scum. :thunk:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

flerp posted:

i only cast votes for scumbos

and emotes

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm traveling tomorrow (to Cleveland for my cousin's bar mitzvah) so my posting may be limited (alternatively I'll be bored on the roadtrip and post a lot, who knows?). :jewish:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

:rip: me! Thank you for the advice/help playing, all. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Lol I need to read everything again now that roles are revealed. Good job, everyone.

• Locked thread