Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi i will pet the cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hello im a cat

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

I am new to this game and hopefully you all will help me play. :shobon:

find the scum and kill the scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
shitpost too dont forget about that

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
meow

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
m e o w

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
meow

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Cold on a Cob posted:

a dog that meows is not a cat :catbert:

meow bitch

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

yeah merk what are you even doing in this game

the answer to that questions seems obvious

i mean, meow

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also dont think imp is a scumbo for saying a person who only posts meow isnt doing anything. it might be tryhard but doesnt feel like scum tryhard

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think its jokephase and merk is joking aka null tell

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its dumb and stupid is what a flavor trap is

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont feel great about nevergirls bcause the push onto merk is weak. i domt think scum would just post meow but also merk is essentially lurking and so while i think nevergirls is better its also that merk hasnt done anything and who knows if he actually will

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

I'll probably get raked over the coals for this post:

Maybe I'm trying to read too much into the meta of the game and over analyze everything, but I wonder how the roles were handed out in that I wonder if the roles were 100% randomized out or whether Foo would have put their thumb on the scale. I would speculate, that for a newbie game, one would want to make sure there are veteran players on both teams since otherwise, things could have the possibility of ending very quickly. Hence I could see a more veteran playing doing their best to appear super townie and extra helpful toward newbies to try to sway the town to believe in them.

This is just some empty speculative analysis and I'll probably get called scum since I spent a post questioning and speculating on the game itself instead of hunting for bad arguments from people, but there's not a lot of posting to go off of, so I went on this tangent.

no dont this

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dont do this*

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

## vote flerp

- Posts feel fake-helpful
- Flip can help us learn about imp and merk and me I guess potentially
- hasn't voted

GenericGirlName also not great and can vote on them

both of you should vote for somebody

Mord voting nolynch is stupid

wow rude

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im not gonna vote for anybody if i dont think anyone is extremely suspicious tbhhhhhhh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
no its not its mostly that im waiting to see what's going on w/ the game. atm im mostly neutral on my reads w/ nevergirls being the top of my scum radar.

i dont see podima mostly because i agree w/ him. i also dont think 2 pennies is a scumbo. i didnt want to vote for merk because i believed he would come back and post and lo and behold he did and his posts seemed good 2 me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
eh w/e its what i feel and im always 100% with everybody. pod's giving me good vibes so im not gonna vote him

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

After a reread I do see what you're alluding to. No real solid calls, a lot of middle of the road stuff.

Hey flerp who are the scum? I saw you've kind of sideline-mentioned nevergirls a couple of times, but can you expand on that?

Also how do you justify calling merk's posts good but also saying that you won't vote for me? Those are contradictory ideas and you have them in the same post:

like i said nevergirls, and that's about it. the 2pennies vote felt weak and a jump on an easy vote. this posts feels awfully disingenious as well imho

mafia edit

##vote podima

case, such as it is

- first bandwagon vote
- voted me for voting on 2penny, but didn't vote on merk even though he also did that AND is obviously contributing nothing to the game

Not strong but this is what I have to go on D1

since its based off a contentless D1 vote thats obv a joke and then the second part makes no sense when pod explained why he wasnt voting for merk. and then voting me, idk, it's an alright vote i guess. dont know what fake helpful means but i guess im being fake :(

and pod im gonna be straight up idk what u mean by that last part of the post. i guess the problem was the way i used good. i think merk's posts were good in the sense they gave some content and felt like scum hunting. i dont agree w/ them necessarily but i think they were genuine and "good." i mean they were better than just posting meow. words r hard sry.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
huh sorry i didnt expect the day to go that fast.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hmmmm i think based on how quick the last day went, its likely one of the last votes or the non voters are the scumbos. out of the non voters (me or merk) i think i look the most suspicious cause of the vote on merk by coac and a new scumbo voting for his bud doesnt feel likely (but possible). i mean, im not the right choice but thats not much solace for anybody for me to say.

the other two of the last votes id called "suspicious" (which is mostly for its timing as the last votes) is wren and girlname. girlname gives an actual case instead of a lazy vote so thats a plus. wren's only post last day was saying one thing was sketchy that everyone else already called suspect. idk kinda want to go thru wren's posts to see if theres anything but i just got out of class.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

So we're allowed to discuss now, right?

of course!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tbf my excuse for day 2 no vote was that it was p much a turbo and i was busy p much the entire day. i was able to post during the beginning of the day a lil bit and i didnt which is bad from me but it got active around the time i got busy so then the turbo went thru and i checked my phone and was like wow they alrdy coac

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

Let's also look at who the baddies killed the first night and what nevergirls said.

lol holy poo poo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh my god wren its you isnt it

theres an emote i was looking for but i cant find it so im gonna use this one instead :henget: mostly because i like it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im cool with getting lynched, ive already got this poo poo figured out for you guys.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ill flip vt btw put that in your calculators for tmrw

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
man can u have at least a bit of respect for me. i dont get to play scum game that often but im not THAT bad where i'd do a nk that bad.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also normally id say you should let other people have the chance to vote before you turbo but ive already won the game for you guys so its w/e

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
chance to vote and talk*

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

2 penny bottle imp posted:

How exactly did you win the game for "us"?

wren's scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote wren thats mostly for the emote tbh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i only cast votes for scumbos

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nice try

flerp
Feb 25, 2014