Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
Confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

I am a cat and certainly not a dog.

same

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

Trap sprung.

##vote Cold on a Cob

Turning on a fellow cat so quickly, we're not going to last long.

Assuming you are a cat.... :raise:

##vote Mordiceius

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
True. She is a known bird sympathizer.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

a dog that meows is not a cat :catbert:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
I'm town. Mordiceius, your trap is wrong. Seems like a scum tactic maybe.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
I know it's a weak flavour trap. :colbert:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Yeah lurking is suspicious, I agree.

## vote merk

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Nah, merk has only posted meow over and over, that's essentially 100% lurking. Seems like a scum attempt to avoid attention.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
I can barely play this thing. I was somewhat convinced that merk is avoiding engaging and that's really the only thing I'm convinced about so far.

I also don't know what a flavour trap is I was just saying it's weak because i'm a town.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

GenericGirlName posted:

I agree with this.

I'm not super experienced with forums mafia (this is my second game, and the first one was in 2013 lol) so I don't think I've got any good D1 shitpost analysis just yet. Merk being antagonistic and stuff seems too risky/stupid a play for scum? What do you guys think?

GenericGirlName doesn't seem to have much to say and seems to be just trying to get other people to post more. Possible scum. Might be in league with merk.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
I don't think flerp has felt fake. I'm going to stick to my vote on merk because he only started panic posting after he had four votes against him i.e. pseudo-lurking strat stopped working.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
I think it was four I might be misremembering, but point stands.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
:rip: nevergirls. :(

What's a cat aligned role-blocker?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Nevermind I looked up what a roleblocker is.

Is there value in looking at who Nevergirls voted for before he was carried off? Pod I notice that nevergirls voted for you a few times, before he landed on flerp.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Podima posted:

This is the most wishy-washy pushback on me ever. Nevergirls voted 5 different people yesterday and you only see fit to mention me/flerp?

How do you feel about merk today?

I'm being "wishy washy" because I'm not convinced you're scum yet. I mentioned you because he did vote you twice, I mentioned flerp because that was his last vote. Penny and wren haven't done anything to make me think they're scum yet.

Nvergirls also voted merk. I'm still leaning towards merk because he was pseudo-lurking in an annoying way, maybe to throw us off because we would expect scum to not rock the boat D1. Only when it looked bad for him he pushed back hard.

You and mord didn't want to lynch newbies day 1. Being newbie I appreciate it but if i was scum i'd want to keep newbies alive and go after veterans first.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Followup - note that in coac's post, he doesnt actually vote merk. He is waiting for town's permission to vote merk. Like with the near-lynch yesterday, he will only vote once his name isn't the most prominent.

nah, i'm not waiting for "permission". i didn't realize i was expected to vote asap or as soon as i express my opinion about someone's scum status. :shrug:

##vote merk

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Lol poo poo. I'm really bad at this. Better me than a townie that actually knows how to play the game I guess, go town go :shobon:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
:ghost: I shall be avenged! :ghost:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
That was awesome haha

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Playing scum was definitely harder in a way for me, maybe more because I am a newbie. Specifically I had trouble faking being invested in figuring out who is scum. :shobon:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

That's the whole crux of the game!

Oh yeah I knew that going in, but I didn't appreciate how difficult it would actually be doing the research to build a case against "scum" when you know they aren't scum all while keeping people off you and your scum buddy's trail. :)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
No worries I knew I'd screwed up by rambling too much early on, though I still stand by going hard on merk (i actually assumed he would last long so people would suspect him more for it).

It was definitely the right move to get me once the town went after me, and I only wish I'd gone a bit harder on you (GGN) earlier to throw off suspicion a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

CoaC you son of a bitch

:murder:

• Locked thread