Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Ded game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
http://steamcharts.com/app/473690

It's very quiet. I do play it though.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I play in like 15~20 min bursts or while listening to podcasts or music, v. zen. I finally made a windfall/stagger Hybrid deck I don't totally hate. Its a little slow, but has a decent damage. Still have a bunch more stagger moves to learn

e: I should add I think I'm still garbage at this game. I really wish I was better because the game looks so cool when you get into a flow and just own people, the smooth movements and flow are great

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 8, 2017

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I still enjoy it, but I'm mostly just waiting for a ranked mode before I really dive back into it.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
Given how dead this thread is, how much of a discount on the game would you consider a “good buy”?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Full price. :colbert:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
May as well get it for the 50% off that it is now :v:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

3v3 is in, I haven't checked it out yet though.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

the aesthetic and cool animations and stuff, and how satisfying it is to pound on people is worth bootin up absolver for a little 10~15 minute spat every day or two, and I honestly think there could be an amazing, stellar, world class game underneath all this stuff if the Systems and such were done a little better - if it had like a little more single player stuff to entice and draw in people would help maybe too. (A bit more story might be cool too, but at the same time, the sort of bare bones setting is almost part of the aesthetic as well, so maybe don't flesh it out too much?)

Like I can see where Absolver 2 would be a GOTY, but I dunno if the Idea of Absolver will make it that far.

I just really really want to love this game and play more of it, but it makes it hard sometimes

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
Is it hurt by not having an active community, or are there still enough people that you don’t notice?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I dig how often people bow and adhere to 1v1 fighting and resurrecting people after they kill each other.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
yo this game is rad as gently caress

I I beat up Jinn Mesca at level 10 Kahlt Method for lyfe

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
So this game dead now?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
ill wait until this game is 3.74 bux

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

O. Henry O-Face posted:

So this game dead now?

Short answer: Yes.

The developers have no idea how to balance the core game and are waffling back and forth on changes they push, which is going to delay anything interesting like a new class of weapons. The easiest way to win is to run a Kahlt deck with a bunch of fast jabs to stuff out people who run kick decks (:rip: me) and that hasn't changed since day 1.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
It's too bad, as the core concept of the game is so neat. Building your own kung fu style really appeals to me, but the balance issues are tough to overcome in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I still like to log in and punch some randos, mostly NPCs, and just tweak stuff, while I listen to music or podcasts or something. Feels good and really satisfying, just something pleasant about the animations.

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 13, 2018

• Locked thread