Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Should I wait for more consistent servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could get involved in more games when they're still somewhat pure and unexploited. These descriptions of spam combos and min-max bullshit depresses me :smith:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Block, parry, absorb, windfall dodge, people spamming quick moves are bad and are pretty much open to constant defensive punishes, like Minorkos said above, people mashing out jabs and stuff like that are pretty low on the totem pole.

It's not even been a week, people haven't even figured out what the real caps on stat poo poo is, there's no min-max yet there's pretty much just people losing to braindead beginner stuff that looks unfair if you're not using all your tools.

Has anyone put together a good starter article or something? I'm just intimidated by the style of the controls, and don't want to drop $30 if it's going to be frustrating, you know?

I'm still probably going to wait until the complaints stop being about server stability

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I posted a while back that I want to give this game a shot when servers are more stable, now I'm seeing just overall negativity towards the game itself.

Should I wait longer?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ded game?

• Locked thread