Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone who has it, post the I Thought Your Name Was Peter Not Mark jif

FOUND IT :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cena bringing up overly salient points about Roman's mic skills and questioning the decision of the WWE to push him against all others was a jab, in fact, to the snide haters of Roman Reigns who bring up these points hourly. Reigns will defeat Cena, and thus you, soundly, putting all that to rest and further legitimizing his claim to the coveted yard.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Cena bringing up overly salient points about Roman's mic skills and questioning the decision of the WWE to push him against all others was a jab, in fact, to the snide haters of Roman Reigns who bring up these points hourly. Reigns will defeat Cena, and thus you, soundly, putting all that to rest and further legitimizing his claim to the coveted yard.

is this the plot to Ghostbusters 2016

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That's some real toothless stuff, my friend, and that is one unfortunate looking soul patch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
melt the universal championship

make the new belt "THE YARD"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

What if the REAL 4th Dimensional Chess Game was to finally get us to love Cena? Roman's push was nothing but an elaborate long-con to make us love the man we swore we'd hate forever! Vince was a genius all along!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Shinjobi posted:

melt the universal championship

make the new belt "THE YARD"

Once Roman wins the belt all title defenses will be in the brand new YARD MATCH featuring a freshly-sodded canvas for every Roman appearance

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I'm sure when they have someone follow their script to lose to the guy they want you to like, it'll work this time.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I eagerly await the Big Dog Yard match to settle the feud

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

So many people are getting fooled into being excited for a C-tier PPV that Brock and Reigns will stand tall to end

John Cena's really good at his job.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

What if the REAL 4th Dimensional Chess Game was to finally get us to love Cena? Roman's push was nothing but an elaborate long-con to make us love the man we swore we'd hate forever! Vince was a genius all along!

Post your favorite wrestling long con, mine is that time HHH finally buried the whole roster

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

i just want a

code:
Let's go Cena
//
Roman sucks
chant :shobon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/status/902387614380150784

Machine Gun is always the best.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There was no way that was a shoot. I could see them withholding certain poo poo from Roman though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

if only the WWE would let him show half of that on TV

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

i thought this happened, like, 3 or 4 years ago

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
roman always does this one thing before he speaks where he opens his mouth and rubs above his upper lip with his thumb like he's priming a bullet in the chamber but then when he actually says words they're just utterly rote and devoid of any real significance so if he'd stop doing that "i'm about to verbally school you" gesture i'd really appreciate it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Groooaaannnnnn

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=111961

(Joe is injured, apparently out 4 weeks at least)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Just get Tama Tonga to play Roman Reigns problem solved.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Professor Funk posted:

That was the whole point of the segment. It was an incredible promo but I would be truly, incredibly shocked if it was a shoot.

Though WWE employee Peter Rosenberg says it's a shoot!

https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/902362272831602690

lmao sure buddy, sure

also just started watching the contract signing and holy poo poo they muted the crowd so hard when roman walked in that I thought the
speakers on my tv failed

e: oh my god the mic skill sign has to be plant, its too perfect

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 29, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also they should really just give emma her release at this point, holy christ

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

Just get Tama Tonga to play Roman Reigns problem solved.

Lol this would last like 3 minutes before he said gently caress and got fired

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Pelvis Wesley should have came out fat and with greying hair just hosed up a perfectly good spot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Professor Funk posted:

Groooaaannnnnn

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=111961

(Joe is injured, apparently out 4 weeks at least)

First Xavier and now Joe?! gently caress house shows!

sportsgenius86 posted:

"Tama, how're you doing today?"
"RENEE I'M HAVING A GREAT loving DAY."

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well gently caress, I didn't loving think of that. Though in those 3 minutes he would be able to get himself over.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
roman looked like a scared loser, i don't know what wwe is planning but it didn't make him look particularly great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You guys getting excited to see some good matches? well gently caress that. those are poor quality feelings

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/125437560418865152

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In hindsight we really should've just let Emma stay fired after the Great iPod Case Caper, it would've worked out better for everyone involed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

shiksa posted:

roman looked like a scared loser, i don't know what wwe is planning but it didn't make him look particularly great.

he will win and claim he's the big dog the night after with a tear in his eye after the crowd boos him and joe will show up to chants and cheers and they'll still treat him as a heel

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
if they're insistent upon doing this match now it would be in their best interest to have roman lose and then maybe eat a poo poo sandwich the next night on raw. like quite literally the only thing that could possibly save him at this point would be showing some humility.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

They jobbed out goddamn Noam Dar to Enzo. I hate Enzo so much.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

DangerDummy! posted:

They jobbed out goddamn Noam Dar to Enzo. I hate Enzo so much.

Has he been in any kind of feud ever since FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS angle was over?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

if they're insistent upon doing this match now it would be in their best interest to have roman lose and then maybe eat a poo poo sandwich the next night on raw. like quite literally the only thing that could possibly save him at this point would be showing some humility.

the only thing that could save Roman at this point is taking him off tv for however long it takes miz to teach him charisma and promos

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think the 4D chess maneuver they're playing for is to break roman reigns down so they can bring him back up without all the baggage and a bit more experience under his belt.

They stop presenting him as the golden boy for a while to bring him down a peg, appease the people who hate him so much by making GBS threads on him hard with stuff like tonight's promo, rework his character throughout to be a little more interesting than big dog yard, and slowly bring him back up more organically with the people hating him much less after the catharsis of this feud.

This allows the fans who have built up vitriol torwards him to vent their frustrations using Cena as their proxy, and also eases up the pressure on him during the feud, since him messing up lines and being weak on mic is actually worked into into the whole premise. Roman can learn a lot from working closely with Cena, who was in the same boat at one point and managed to eventually get over. He'll also probably cut a few good to great promos like tonight since, even though it's a work, it comes from a very real place, so he wont have to dig deep to find inspiration.

Meanwhile, with the pressure of being the big dog taken off his shoulders temporarily, Roman will be able to devote hi focus to bulking up rapidly, and eventually make his triumphant return from disgrace as the Big Fat Dog to roaring applause as Vince sits back with a satisfied smile on his face, not unlike the one that will be on our own faces as we watch Strowman struggle to lift Reigns' incredible weight.

imo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

I think the 4D chess maneuver they're playing for is to break roman reigns down so they can bring him back up without all the baggage and a bit more experience under his belt.

They stop presenting him as the golden boy for a while to bring him down a peg, appease the people who hate him so much by making GBS threads on him hard with stuff like tonight's promo, rework his character throughout to be a little more interesting than big dog yard, and slowly bring him back up more organically with the people hating him much less after the catharsis of this feud.

This allows the fans who have built up vitriol torwards him to vent their frustrations using Cena as their proxy, and also eases up the pressure on him during the feud, since him messing up lines and being weak on mic is actually worked into into the whole premise. Roman can learn a lot from working closely with Cena, who was in the same boat at one point and managed to eventually get over. He'll also probably cut a few good to great promos like tonight since, even though it's a work, it comes from a very real place, so he wont have to dig deep to find inspiration.

Meanwhile, with the pressure of being the big dog taken off his shoulders temporarily, Roman will be able to devote hi focus to bulking up rapidly, and eventually make his triumphant return from disgrace as the Big Fat Dog to roaring applause as Vince sits back with a satisfied smile on his face, not unlike the one that will be on our own faces as we watch Strowman struggle to lift Reigns' incredible weight.

imo

If they actually do this I think it will be good for all involved but I don't have faith that they'll actually rework him at all.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bo Dallas looks like a mini Adam Bomb now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

imo

*struts into the office and glances momentarily at this post*

i want something big tonight on raw. let's have the title change hands

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If they actually do this I think it will be good for all involved but I don't have faith that they'll actually rework him at all.

Yeah I doubt they're going to do it, but getting Roman over is a really interesting puzzle and honestly, I'd love to see them give it a solid effort that isn't just him beating people that are out of his league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

tweet my meat posted:

imo

Lmao

Reigns will win and it will be his yard

• Locked thread