Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is Alexa the most dominant heel apart from Brock? She always beats faces clean.

Just minus the physical dominance Brock has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

JT Smiley posted:

It's insane to think about how many women have traded the Raw Women's belt in the time since Asuka first won the NXT Women's belt.

4. It's just that the same 4 have traded it like 10 or 11 times.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I wonder if anyone in recorded human history has actually played "4D Chess" when stupidity or incompetence has been a far more plausible explanation. But I guess it's more comfortable for people to believe that someone rich and famous is a secret genius, rather than accepting that successful people can be stupid.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
The Cena/Reigns promo reminded me a lot of the Cena/Orton title unification promo a few years back. And that's excellent.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only good anti Cena promo was Daniel Bryan one. The build to Summerslam was excelent and the match was great. Of course HHH booked himself into the angle and all went to hell.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I liked when The Miz was anti Cena, (I think it was eitehr before or just after he had won his first Heavyweight title), and had the ANti-Cena T-Shirts printed.

I can't remember a specific promo, but I liked the feud.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Cena promo was indefensible and made both guys look loving stupid

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm glad they decided to make Southpaw Regional Wrestling "real" in a horrible bomb of a segment that will make anyone who hasn't seen it think it's complete trash for idiot losers who should be executed

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It reminded me of the HHH promo going into Mania 22 where HHH said John Cena wasn't a good wrestler and that pumping up his sneakers was stupid.

And HHH got cheered.

#politcalhit

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

trash for idiot losers who should be executed

This but profesional wrestling

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is Alexa the most dominant heel apart from Brock? She always beats faces clean.

Just minus the physical dominance Brock has

Alexa wins titles mostly clean but she usually has to cheat to defend them outside of that kendo stick squash, and loses every non-defense cleanly.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Reminder that some people thought that Lesnar went off script at WM 31 and started shooting on Reigns.

Match will be alright/good because Big Match John, it'll end in a DQ and the rematch will happen at Survivor Series or Rumble or something.

Said multiple times now, but probably the only real Mania main event I'd be interested in now, and they're giving it away on a C-show as a not-main event, eh.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 29, 2017

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

The Cena promo was indefensible and made both guys look loving stupid

I love the guy, but Cena's no stranger to going out of his way to make his opponents look like poo poo and last night was on the level of Nash or Triple H at their worst.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP Xavier, RIP Joe

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cena promo on Aj was worse and then he won the match. gently caress Román

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the Alexa picture in the OP :)

I know he's injured and that sucks, but man I really wish the Cena/Roman feud was the Cena/Samoa Joe feud instead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
No Cena humbling Roman Reigns ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just watched Cena/Roman's contract signing and thought maybe people had talked it up a bit too much till they got to Cena's line about being better as a part-timer than Roman was a full-timer :vince:

And here comes The Club! :lol:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cena/Roman should be a copy of Michaels/Hogan. If tbey want a big indestructible dog, cena should give them one

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DoctorGonzo posted:

Cena promo on Aj was worse and then he won the match. gently caress Román

https://twitter.com/Susie_4186/status/722429794894221316

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
scorching hot take

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
shame about xavier woods. it seems like every match the new day has had since they came back included at least two moments that made me think "woah xavier is actually really really good at actually wrestling too"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

I know he's injured and that sucks, but man I really wish the Cena/Roman feud was the Cena/Samoa Joe feud instead.

I'm okay with this because I don't need to see Cena cut a promo calling Joe a fat never-was, never-gonna-be who spent his life on the indies while Cena became a star. And probably something about riding Cena's coattails too.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jerusalem posted:

we keep getting screwed out of Cena/Joe and it makes me very upset

Like just imagine a 20 or 25 minute match between Samoa Joe and 2017 John Cena

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They arent that smart to book that segment the way they did and Cena and Roman arent top class talent to pull it off. gently caress off with that smark crap.

Did you know that WWE has 12346788 fans on social networks? #womensrevolution #wweuniverse

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Dave says the entire thing was scripted (shocking I know) except the part where Roman was clearly flustered and Cena says “it’s called a promo kid, if you wanna be The Big Dog you’re gonna have to learn how to do them.”

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DoctorGonzo posted:

They arent that smart to book that segment the way they did and Cena and Roman arent top class talent to pull it off. gently caress off with that smark crap.

Did you know that WWE has 12346788 fans on social networks? #womensrevolution #wweuniverse

I'm sorry, friend

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Eli Wiggum posted:

Dave says the entire thing was scripted (shocking I know) except the part where Roman was clearly flustered and Cena says “it’s called a promo kid, if you wanna be The Big Dog you’re gonna have to learn how to do them.”

John Cena is cool

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

eat poo poo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its extremely illegal to like the promo segment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roman was pausing because a chant was building, but it died and threw him off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon: give him the world title at Mania every Mania

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol remember when Roman was wearing blue contacts?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Lol remember when Roman was wearing blue contacts?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Alexa wins titles mostly clean but she usually has to cheat to defend them outside of that kendo stick squash, and loses every non-defense cleanly.

Why that almost sounds like dumb, schizophrenic booking.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can't wait for Asuka to debut by kicking Alexa's head clean off her shoulders

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
How weird is the whole "drinking tears" thing in general? Like it's such a weird way to pretend you're happy that people hate you.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

That was also approximately the point that John's delivery approached more of the "loving really?" tone that persisted for the rest of the promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

John is a good man.

• Locked thread