Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
John Larkin

Larkin finishes pecking out the last word on his typewriter and then tears it out of the machine and puts the copy in his outbox. Thank God that article was written. It was a piece of crap. One of the best reporters in the city and he's covering a drat flowershow. Hell, why not just put him on the woman's desk. He could give tips on how to glaze a ham or what Mrs. Astor was wearing. And to think he used to be a force in this city.

Disgusted, he lights a cigarette and checks his mail. Usual stuff, and what's this? Something from Mrs. Winston-Rogers? He knew the name, he thinks. Society woman, if he remembers, more money than sense. Her father had just died, he knew. Got a big writeup. The old man had gone mad in his old age; cut off his relationships and was almost never seen in public. And now this. Something about a story that had never been told. She needed people to investigate something, but she didn't go into detail. Well, that peaked his interest. He finishes his cigarette and thinks. A late night meeting? Well, that's interesting. Maybe there is something here. "Hold my calls!", he tells the secretary. "I'm going out. Tell Eddie I'll be back when I get back."

John Larkin

Drive: Curiosity
Occupation Benefits: By using Reassurance, you have access to newspaper morgues. At your own paper, you do the same to get the records
clerks to fetch relevant articles. Similarly, fellow journalists may confide “off the record” rumors and stories to you, unless you’re
a direct competitor.
Credit Rating: 3
Pillars of Sanity: Coming
Sources of Stability: Coming

Investigative Skills

Languages: 4
Library Use: 1 x
Asses Honesty: 2
Cop Talk: 2
Credit Rating: 3
Oral History: 2
Reassurance: 2
Streetwise 2
Evidence Collection: 2
Forensics: 1
Interrogation: 1
Locksmith: 1
Photography 2

General Abilities
Conceal: 5
Disguise: 8
Driving: 4
Fleeing: 5
Health: 10
Preparedness: 4
Sanity: 10
Scuffling:6
Sense Trouble: 6
Shadowing: 8
Stability: 10

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
John Larkin

"We understand the need for discretion, ma'am, and we'd not do anything to harm the reputation of your family. We'll track down this Hanslow fellow and find out what he knows." He then watches her as she walks to her car.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
John Larkin

"It might be worth it for me to stop by the newspaper myself. The morgue might have articles about the history of this place and the Henslows beyond what you could find, and even if it doesn't, well, get a drink in them and reporters talk, especially to other reporters."

Heading to the Newspaper. Spending a point of Reassurance to go through the morgue and talk to reporters/pour booze down their throats

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
John Larkin

Staff turnover at Joy Grove, hmm? That....really wasn't all that interesting in itself. It was just the standard progression of time. Still, if Teake was leaving, he might be more inclined to open up on the Henslowe case....no more career to protect. And why was Keaton the heir apparent? It was probably just seniority or something, but still might be nice to know if there were more there. As he goes to meet up with everyone else, he wonders if there's anything he missed.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
John Larkin

John stands behind Arthur, waiting to see what the groundskeeper has to say. He's willing to let the man talk, but he's not sure how much of the truth they'll get out of him. Servants can be unusually loyal to their employers, after all.

Using Assess Honesty to get a read on him. Is he lying? Is there anything we're not being told?

• Locked thread