Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

scuz posted:

I'm thinking it might be time for BIOS update on that mobo o yo's.

ASrock abandoned it before I even purchased it. And new good PSU, same behavior with another one. Just something I've lived with for four years. Almost never shut it off anyway, runs my Plex server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Oh god, a Groundsmaster.

We sold a John Deere for that too...

It's only redeeming feature is the cabin cos it means your not inhaling dust all day and you get a stereo but other than that it's a heap of poo poo. 3 engine mounts in 2000hrs cos when toro fit the AC compressor they didn't bother to redesign the mount, they just welded the compressor mount to it, which causes a massive stress riser because it can't flex at one end, which makes it crack through and eventually drop the engine. They're $350 each and a 2 week delay from the US getting them. And cos the cabin was a $20K option, we own 3 of the 6 in the country and one of those other 3 is the dealer demo machine so toro won't do poo poo about it.

Then there's the forward/reverse pedal, which from new has been hosed. When we first got it, they forgot a circlip and the shuttle valve got stuck in full reverse so as soon as the motor was running it was full speed backward. Now it's got loving launch control in reverse- breath on the pedal and it peels out backwards regardless of what's behind it.

The deck gearbox exploded at 100hrs, we were going through a fan belt every 200hrs until we actually went and found a wider one that fits and at 5 years old the AC is out of gas.

But it looks fancy

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

KakerMix posted:

I watched a guy pick up a pink stuffed animal for his daughter but held it between his thumb and forefinger like it was covered in piss and give it to her. Because it was too girly

FRAGILE MALE EGO

The funny thing is just how arbitrary it is; the gender and colour association is so recent and if anything the opposite has been true:

quote:

For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.”

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/

And check out this cute portrait

OF PRESIDENT FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 27, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Helpdesk ticket. I fixed something for her and that was my weird rear end way of asking her to try it again.

Anywho... gently caress Comcast. I had internet installed exactly a week ago this morning and it hasn't worked yet except for like 10 minutes immediately after the guy installed it and left.
I've had someone out to my house 3 times now and a fourth appointment where nobody showed. What in the actual gently caress are they doing? How do you have 3 techs give me 3 different answers and leave without any sort of resolution or even give me a loving follow up. I've had to call customer service every goddamned day and start all over.

I won’t go into details but I had a year of hell in a previous residence. Turns out because I had the most basic poverty cable but decent internet whatever “trap” they had on the line preventing good channels blew out within hours of being replaced.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

FRAGILE MALE EGO

The funny thing is just how arbitrary it is; the gender and colour association is so recent and if anything the opposite has been true:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/

And check out this cute portrait

OF PRESIDENT FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT

That's what so stupid about it. The whole pink and blue thing was just hospitals assigning colors for organization in birth wards then whoops it's been that way the whole time everyone! It's just so transparently weak too, like a universal truth that men that care so much about this poo poo are the weakest, beta-ist weenies. All because they lack self-assurance and confidence to go 'yeah I like rainbows' or 'I don't know a thing' or hell even 'yeah he's attractive'. I truly can't even understand feeling like you are on trial all the time by some sort of gay scoreboard that's going to blast an airhorn in your ear the moment that your thoughts even stray slightly in the direction of 'soft/pink/cute/cuddle'. It must be awful.

everdave posted:

I won’t go into details but I had a year of hell in a previous residence. Turns out because I had the most basic poverty cable but decent internet whatever “trap” they had on the line preventing good channels blew out within hours of being replaced.

Growing up when we had AT&T@Home (like 1999 or 2000), when cable internet was really new for our area, we saw a line filter like that on our box. The installer had done a poor job, so when it rained water had gotten into the box and into that filter. The tech that came out to fix it just took it out and left, and our internet stayed up and speeds improved and suddenly we had a lot more channels. That tech was cool.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
tim olyphant is attractive imo.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

tim olyphant is attractive imo.

Seems like a pretty alright dude, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's a handsome devil.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

That's what so stupid about it. The whole pink and blue thing was just hospitals assigning colors for organization in birth wards then whoops it's been that way the whole time everyone! It's just so transparently weak too, like a universal truth that men that care so much about this poo poo are the weakest, beta-ist weenies. All because they lack self-assurance and confidence to go 'yeah I like rainbows' or 'I don't know a thing' or hell even 'yeah he's attractive'. I truly can't even understand feeling like you are on trial all the time by some sort of gay scoreboard that's going to blast an airhorn in your ear the moment that your thoughts even stray slightly in the direction of 'soft/pink/cute/cuddle'. It must be awful.

Growing up when we had AT&T@Home (like 1999 or 2000), when cable internet was really new for our area, we saw a line filter like that on our box. The installer had done a poor job, so when it rained water had gotten into the box and into that filter. The tech that came out to fix it just took it out and left, and our internet stayed up and speeds improved and suddenly we had a lot more channels. That tech was cool.

After a long period of hell one dude just removed it and same

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Went to my doctor for a followup after bloodwork.

He, uh... mentioned something like "chronic kidney disease, stage 2". :stare: He wants me to follow up with a nephrologist. Most of the numbers on my bloodwork/piss don't look that far off from previous rounds, except for cholesterol (damnit tacos :argh:), and about 10 years ago I had someone mention stage 1 CKD. He's thinking it's likely from living a long time with high blood pressure and undiagnosed diabetes (I went at least 5 years without any kind of bloodwork, doctor's visits, etc - got diagnosed with beetus and high blood pressure my first time going to the doctor after all those years). We'll see what they say.

He did mention the first line of defense is often an ACE inhibitor. Welp, turns out I'm already on a fairly high dose of one (and have been for 4 or 5 years). :v: He doesn't want to increase the dosage without involving a nephrologist, but I'm halfway to the highest dosage already and still have borderline high blood pressure.

Dagen H posted:

I thought "crippled" was a requirement for state jobs.

But he's temporarily physically crippled, not mentally crippled. :confused:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Isn't that the goal of most STEM programs, to increase diversity in technological fields? Can you call it a conspiracy when it's out in the open?

One of my best friends was in an earlier STEM program - Texas Academy of Math & Science in the 90s. She had her BS by.. 20? She had her PhD before 30. CEO of a research firm doing stuff with brains (BRAINNNNNNNS) now.

KakerMix posted:

Floored at how insecure a lot of dudes I personally know are, like on a vast scale that always surprises me when it hits me. I watched a guy pick up a pink stuffed animal for his daughter but held it between his thumb and forefinger like it was covered in piss and give it to her. Because it was too girly

Barely related, but a friend told me Uber keeps rejecting driver profile photos of his husband. Hubby has a mohawk. Even if he ties it back, they reject it, based on "face is not clearly visible".

So I started submitting different photos.

They rejected these, and several others with pigtails/ponytails/spiked hair for the same reason - "face is not clearly visible".

But approved 2003 emo boy with half of my face covered with my hair (and probably half a jar of hair product in that mess). I've left this one more to gently caress with restaurants and customers.. my hair is normally tied back, and I wear glasses. :v:

I'm half tempted to go down to their local office with my hair in pigtails and ask why they won't approve my profile photos. :v:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 27, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Helpdesk ticket. I fixed something for her and that was my weird rear end way of asking her to try it again.

Fingers crossed that you just confused her and she didn't believe that she really heard it.

However, you might want to prepare an answer to the question 'why did you refer to a plus-sized, Africo-American employee as "brown cow"?'

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Barely related, but a friend told me Uber keeps rejecting driver profile photos of his husband. Hubby has a mohawk. Even if he ties it back, they reject it, based on "face is not clearly visible".

They rejected these, and several others with pigtails/ponytails/spiked hair for the same reason - "face is not clearly visible".

But approved 2003 emo boy with half of my face covered with my hair (and probably half a jar of hair product in that mess). I've left this one more to gently caress with restaurants and customers.. my hair is normally tied back, and I wear glasses. :v:

I'm half tempted to go down to their local office with my hair in pigtails and ask why they won't approve my profile photos. :v:

Holy poo poo I'm dying here.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My doctor says I (may be) dying faster. :colbert:

Or perhaps did you mean dyeing? I do that about once a month. :gay:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Fine, you win this round. Me, I'm just letting it go grey.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You just need to smile more.

(Yes, I still think Faceapp is neat)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Every time I try some plumbing I get an excellent reminder of why good plumbers command excellent money.

I'm an hour into changing some tap washers and I still havent managed to pull the valves. Everything is crudded up with limescale/corrosion and the metals in the tap are like butter to a hot wrench. Common sense tells me to gently caress it off and just buy new taps, but common sense can get stuffed because its personal now. I'm gonna see this tap's insides if it takes a hacksaw.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Man, gently caress Harley riders. They're the only dumb cunts who wake me up in the middle of the night, it's never loud cars or sport bikes. Why the gently caress are you standing on the corner from 2:00AM until 3:30AM, starting your bike every 10 minutes and shutting it off after 10 seconds, or taking it around the block and parking it again? Either start that poo poo and get the gently caress out of here, or don't start it at all. Also, as someone who's partially deaf, I should definitely not be able to hear you loudly talking to your girlfriend and friends from a story up and across the street. I'm not one to call the cops, but next time it's happening, because he was obviously waiting until he was "sober" enough to ride back.

I'm mainly salty I didn't have any Pabst in the fridge to huck out the window at him and his stupid bike.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Oh, god that's hilarious. Both the photos and Uber's dumbassitude.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

T-Square posted:

Man, gently caress Harley riders. They're the only dumb cunts who wake me up in the middle of the night, it's never loud cars or sport bikes. Why the gently caress are you standing on the corner from 2:00AM until 3:30AM, starting your bike every 10 minutes and shutting it off after 10 seconds, or taking it around the block and parking it again? Either start that poo poo and get the gently caress out of here, or don't start it at all. Also, as someone who's partially deaf, I should definitely not be able to hear you loudly talking to your girlfriend and friends from a story up and across the street. I'm not one to call the cops, but next time it's happening, because he was obviously waiting until he was "sober" enough to ride back.

I'm mainly salty I didn't have any Pabst in the fridge to huck out the window at him and his stupid bike.
Don't waste a pabst bro.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

Every time I try some plumbing I get an excellent reminder of why good plumbers command excellent money.

I'm an hour into changing some tap washers and I still havent managed to pull the valves. Everything is crudded up with limescale/corrosion and the metals in the tap are like butter to a hot wrench. Common sense tells me to gently caress it off and just buy new taps, but common sense can get stuffed because its personal now. I'm gonna see this tap's insides if it takes a hacksaw.

This is why I will likely be paying $5500 to have my sewer line replaced, though that is mainly for the labor of digging. There's no way I could dig the line up myself in the gumbo we have before the end of the year.

I really should replace the main bathroom tub faucet, but that's a pain with tile and all. Of course, the tile is not great either, nor is the tub. So, basically, I need to remodel the bathroom - it's pretty much all 1964. Pity, the tub is cast iron, but the enamel is chipped around the drain. I'll see if that can be fixed cost effectively, but pretty much everything else needs to go. The tile has already tried to fall off the wall, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any concrete backer board behind it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This heat transfer class, professor showed a table from the book listing surface roughness for various materials. The metric column listed it in mm, usually tenths of mm or less. Cool, makes sense.

The other column, for imperial units, listed the same roughness values... in decimal feet. Like, "polished steel, 0.000004 feet"

:psyduck:

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Darchangel posted:

This is why I will likely be paying $5500 to have my sewer line replaced, though that is mainly for the labor of digging. There's no way I could dig the line up myself in the gumbo we have before the end of the year.

I really should replace the main bathroom tub faucet, but that's a pain with tile and all. Of course, the tile is not great either, nor is the tub. So, basically, I need to remodel the bathroom - it's pretty much all 1964. Pity, the tub is cast iron, but the enamel is chipped around the drain. I'll see if that can be fixed cost effectively, but pretty much everything else needs to go. The tile has already tried to fall off the wall, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any concrete backer board behind it.

If its a cast iron tub and not just thin steel there are ways it can be sanded and coated. Mine turned out to be steel.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Just broke an adjustable wrench (it was a draper, my bad in the first place) and smashed my knuckles into the wall when it let go.

Im gonna take these bastard taps off and show them who's boss. Tomorrow. After I buy a better adjustable wrench or one of those big gently caress off plumbers wrenches.

Oh, and Im probably gonna have to refit the sink to the wall because whoever installed it used scrap wood bits and caulk to create kind of a plinth for it rather than using the fixing holes.

:argh: Fucks sake I just wanted my loving taps to flow right :argh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

This heat transfer class, professor showed a table from the book listing surface roughness for various materials. The metric column listed it in mm, usually tenths of mm or less. Cool, makes sense.

The other column, for imperial units, listed the same roughness values... in decimal feet. Like, "polished steel, 0.000004 feet"

:psyduck:

I remember for one of my physics classes in university, during a lab we got a photocopied sheet from before full metrication. It had a bunch of completely insane imperial-unit numbers in the reference section.

Do you guys at least use metric in high school physics?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Even on a 960 and ssd prey objects just pop in. It's all good.

I just recently got bitten by the Overwatch bug, that's the main reason for my upgrade.

Well, that and my mobo doesn't shut down cleanly, ever since new. It spins down the HDDs, powers down everything, but doesn't click the PSU off. Any shutdown or restart I have to click the PSU switch.

hell yeah another overwatch buddy

hmu if you wanna play sometime

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Cage posted:

Don't waste a pabst bro.

Well I wasn't gonna lob one of my nice stouts or porters at him, I just bought them :v:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

T-Square posted:

Man, gently caress Harley riders. They're the only dumb cunts who wake me up in the middle of the night, it's never loud cars or sport bikes. Why the gently caress are you standing on the corner from 2:00AM until 3:30AM, starting your bike every 10 minutes and shutting it off after 10 seconds, or taking it around the block and parking it again? Either start that poo poo and get the gently caress out of here, or don't start it at all. Also, as someone who's partially deaf, I should definitely not be able to hear you loudly talking to your girlfriend and friends from a story up and across the street. I'm not one to call the cops, but next time it's happening, because he was obviously waiting until he was "sober" enough to ride back

This x infinity. I could extrapolate with more details but your first sentence is all that is needed.

It snowed earlier this week. Fall pretty much showed up overnight only to be back into the 70's later this week. It was in the high 40's on my drive in this morning and maybe it is just my brain telling me so but naturally aspirated cars run noticeably faster with the cool air. If only I didn't have traffic in front of me so I could stretch out the old girls legs before putting her away for winter. :sigh:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It was in the high 40's on my drive in this morning and maybe it is just my brain telling me so but naturally aspirated cars run noticeably faster with the cool air.

100% true and it becomes more noticeable the less HP you have. I wouldn't be surprised to find my wagon dyno double digit HP numbers in the summer and barely cracking triple digits in the late fall/winter

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Going from 95F to 50F increases air density by 10%. Not only are you physically getting more air/fuel mass into the cylinder (so 10% more more heat, more power), but since it's colder to start it's a little less prone to preignition. Modern cars can adjust timing etc on the fly to take full advantage of this, but even carb'ed engines will automatically run a little smoother and put out more power.

E: Turbo cars really love the cold. Not only do you get denser air at the same pressure coming in, but that extra 45 degrees of delta-T makes a huge difference in how much heat the intercooler can dump.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
im in bali. nobody seems to give a poo poo about the volcano

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

rdb posted:

If its a cast iron tub and not just thin steel there are ways it can be sanded and coated. Mine turned out to be steel.

Yeah, I'll need to call a refinisher and find out stuff like that. It might be steel, but it "thunks" pretty solidly.

DesperateDan posted:

Just broke an adjustable wrench (it was a draper, my bad in the first place) and smashed my knuckles into the wall when it let go.

Im gonna take these bastard taps off and show them who's boss. Tomorrow. After I buy a better adjustable wrench or one of those big gently caress off plumbers wrenches.

Oh, and Im probably gonna have to refit the sink to the wall because whoever installed it used scrap wood bits and caulk to create kind of a plinth for it rather than using the fixing holes.

:argh: Fucks sake I just wanted my loving taps to flow right :argh:

Do yourself a favor and get a pipe wrench. They're designed to grip tighter when you put more oomph on them, especially on things without wrench flats.

You've also discovered the real reason projects like this take so long: when you have to deal with previous owners/installers not doing it correctly. Now you know it's wrong, and if you're like most of us goons (i.e.: spergy) you can't just *leave it* that way. See: scope creep.

Wally Joyner posted:

100% true and it becomes more noticeable the less HP you have. I wouldn't be surprised to find my wagon dyno double digit HP numbers in the summer and barely cracking triple digits in the late fall/winter

Definitely noticeable on my '79 RX-7, which has all of 100 HP. Hell, I notice the performance difference when my wife is in the passenger seat.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

Definitely noticeable on my '79 RX-7, which has all of 100 HP. Hell, I notice the performance difference when my wife is in the passenger seat.

Don't tell her that.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
When I get into SoCal after a drive from central Texas it is definitely different. I like to take the Cajon Pass route and drive into San Diego instead of Phoenix / Riverside, because gently caress that heat and altitude. As I come out of the hills and drop from 4,000 feet to sea level, the car feels like it gets angrier. Huge bump in power behind the throttle.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
There is nothing good about a 5am phone call that starts with "Something let the magic smoke out and the sites down". It's like groundhog day for worse-case Monday's in the IT world. Thankfully I planned ahead and took Friday off :D.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DesperateDan posted:

A coworker at my old job broke his wrist trying to replace his water heater when his wrench broke or slipped and he punched the wall. Felt bad for him, but still made me :lol:. Be careful.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

the spyder posted:

There is nothing good about a 5am phone call that starts with "Something let the magic smoke out and the sites down". It's like groundhog day for worse-case Monday's in the IT world. Thankfully I planned ahead and took Friday off :D.

Seeing stuff like this makes me so happy I got out of the ops side of things. Hell, I am looking at making the transition to spending more time in meetings than at a cmd prompt. Younger me would laugh if you told him I was going to be going into BizDev, but after ~10 years of being on call, I am done with it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So last week I tripped over my own size 13 flippers and cracked my head open. After relentless prodding over the following couple hours by Mrs. Slidebite, I went to the local clinic which resulted in stitches. They made me an appt 1 week later (today) to get them removed. Since I had to come back, I thought I should finally get the blood work requisition filled I've had in the truck since spring so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone . I didn't want to do it, but I know I should. Sort of like someone who suspects they have cancer but doesn't want to go to the doctor to hear about it. I know I've got some risk factors for fat white guys diseases, I drink like a fish, borderline hypertension, eat candy and snacks like a 6 year old, overweight and as of next month, mid 40s. The past month I've made a few lifestyle changes (cut back drastically on drinking and started some regular exercise with Taekwondo) but it's only been for a couple weeks at that time.

Get into her office about an hour ago, sit down. Nurse takes my BP. She mumbles something and types it into the computer. I ask her what it was, she says "Oh, the doctor will talk to you about it."

loving great. :sigh:

Doctor comes in, sits down and starts talking. She asks me how I'm feeling, which I say is fine, but I'm nervous as hell now. Says she got my lab results from the bloodwork.

.... which was perfectly normal. Everything. Not even high normal for anything. Definitely not even remotely diabetic (which tbh concerned me a bit since I have a bit of a ravenous sweet tooth), liver, kidneys, electrolytes, everything right where it should be. Lipids look great. Blood pressure is slightly elevated (138/68) but just coming into the office and being nervous she's fine with it to. Says for me to keep with the the Taekwondo and keep limiting the booze I'll be around for a long, long time yet.

gently caress me. Gonna get hammered and eat 5lbs of wings tonight to celebrate :v:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:neckbeard:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

slidebite posted:

size 13 flippers...some risk factors for fat white guys diseases...eat candy and snacks like a 6 year old, overweight and as of next month, mid 40s...Blood pressure is slightly elevated (138/68)

Are you me?

No, because I don't drink (:420:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I guess Google updated their Google Now thing because I had it set to leave me alone except for weather, bills, flights and appointments. Stuff for me, you know? Suddenly I swipe over to it to see the weather and I've got a bunch of poo poo on Trump and hurricanes and Hannity (!) of all things. I swipe them away and say I'm not interested, and they just keep coming. "No I'm not interested in Honda, no I'm not interested in Steam, no I'm not interested in Polygon" and it seems like you can no longer tell it you aren't interested in anything, now it makes it so when you say you aren't interested in a thing, it makes an option within your settings inside of Google Now that's checked off. You can bet that if Google tries to interest me in something I'll deny it on principle, and that Google was the one to suggest it in the first place.
I don't care much about the tracking because we've long, LONG past that line and like most things I just can't be assed to give a poo poo but when I browse SA on a bunch of topics, and I know for a fact that this is the only place Google is pulling information in order to try to guess what i'm into it lacks context. Yeah Lowtax made that post in GBS about video game journalism and suddenly Google thinks I'm into it? Starts shoving me a bunch of articles about inane garbage on dumpsters of websites! I didn't even go to the sites, mind, I make it a point to right-click -> incognito simply to avoid the missed context stuff that YouTube and Google constantly hit. Even Steam does it, sure I like Day of Infamy to play because it's like Day of Defeat but that doesn't mean I like World War 2 games.

Like I said I don't care much that Google is following me around but it is certainly not good enough to contextualize why I went and clicked on the things I did. Does this tie into the lowest common denominator stuff? First world problems and all but goddamn I'm bothered!

• Locked thread