Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Wife is at 32 weeks pregnant and her water broke last night while we were away from home (~2 hours away) for Labor Day weekend. She's not in labor and all is well so far thankfully. They hope to keep the baby in there as long as possible, up to 2 weeks if they can. At 34 weeks they'll induce labor but won't stop it from coming if it starts in the meantime. They want us to stay here for 2 weeks and say that it isn't safe to transfer to a hospital closer to home.

fuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Perfectly understandable. Good luck.

2 hours away might seem like a pain in the dick but it's a once off inconvenience against her having round-the-clock observation. Don't sweat too much about the early bit, just keep your wife supplied with entertainment and make sure the house is 100% ready for when she gets hone.

We had the baby shower just a couple weeks ago and don't have poo poo prepared at the house yet, lol. Still need to buy a crib and/or pack and play but the kid isn't leaving here for awhile anyway. We were taken by complete surprise, we weren't even supposed to have the child birth class until next weekend.

Definitely feeling unprepared.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah that and losing the baby was super hard on my wife (and me to a lesser extent) so we just need to get the gently caress out and sit on a beach where it's 85F all the time

also i read somewhere that this winter is going to especially suck because of, you guessed it, global warming!!! which means i'll be working from home a lot... which means i'll probably be an alcoholic come march

Obligatory "quit 'cher bitchin', move if you don't like it" post. Winters are fine in Detroit, we don't really get that much snow it's just cold and dark for what feels like forever.

Get a RWD or AWD car (or anything but a saturn ion) with snow tires and have fun with winter driving, even though we've gotten little snow for the past couple winters.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Im going to rename you D&DLite one of these days

Today is a good day

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Siochain posted:

Stressful as gently caress week. Wife had back surgery Monday, which hopefully alleviates years of random back-goes-out and 11-straight-months of pain from a "catastrophically" herniated disc (doctors words, not mine :P)
Monday she was loopy, nauseous and just out of it. Spiked a fever Tuesday, lasted through the night, and thankfully she was able to kick it Wednesday morning or it would have been another night in the hospital. Got home Wednesday night, picked up her drugs, and then a night of not much sleep as we tried to find a way to make the bed comfortable. Thankfully we have 2 guest bedrooms with lots of pillows which were stolen to build her pillow-fort-strosity that she's comfortable sleeping on.

I'm back at work today, and she's setup and hopefully good to go. Drove myself so if I need to leave I can.

loving stressful having someone you love be in pain and there's not a god-damned thing you can do.

ps Rhyno - hope your dad gets feeling better man

Hopefully the surgery went well. The first few days and weeks are the hardest, just keep that back straight. Did they tell her to walk as much as possible? It helped me but initially it didn't take much for me to get really dizzy and nauseous.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Larrymer posted:

Wife is at 32 weeks pregnant and her water broke last night while we were away from home (~2 hours away) for Labor Day weekend. She's not in labor and all is well so far thankfully. They hope to keep the baby in there as long as possible, up to 2 weeks if they can. At 34 weeks they'll induce labor but won't stop it from coming if it starts in the meantime. They want us to stay here for 2 weeks and say that it isn't safe to transfer to a hospital closer to home.

fuuuuuuuuuuck

We had a baby girl yesterday at 34 weeks! Still a long way to go to taking her home (the estimate range different people are giving us is insane, anywhere from 1-6 weeks :wtc:) but everybody is healthy, yet tired.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Haha thanks dudes. After she was induced everything happened so fast. The actual pushing time was 8 minutes. Craziest thing I've ever witnessed.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Don't tell anyone you're moving, and just get the gently caress out of Indiana. :sever:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

Just broke an adjustable wrench (it was a draper, my bad in the first place) and smashed my knuckles into the wall when it let go.

A coworker at my old job broke his wrist trying to replace his water heater when his wrench broke or slipped and he punched the wall. Felt bad for him, but still made me :lol:. Be careful.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Sucks about the dog. :(

Aussies can be really neurotic in my experience and need a ton of exercise. Hope you can figure out something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

As someone who works on FCA stuff frequently, based on what I see behind the scenes I would say RUN AWAY but maybe the challengers are different

I'd agree with this.

• Locked thread