Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Kazinsal posted:

Starting price in Canada is $1300.

Another year of janitoring my Nexus 5, sigh

Yeah "starting from $1319" is a little dear for me. Maybe an 8, my launchish 5S barely holds a charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Larrymer posted:

We had a baby girl yesterday at 34 weeks! Still a long way to go to taking her home (the estimate range different people are giving us is insane, anywhere from 1-6 weeks :wtc:) but everybody is healthy, yet tired.

Nice job!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

rdb posted:

Steering wheel for a boat

That cupholder screams boat.

Time to make an airboat, dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fo3 posted:

Has UPS and fedex gone up in price recently in the US?

Gas prices are going crazy cuckoo fuckass because some important parts of the American South were just obliterated by a vengeful God.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Clearly not! Those foolish fools!

But for reals, they opened a CC in my name and charged plane tickets and a bunch of poo poo at a half dozen stores and nobody caught it.

Edit: Also this happened before the Experian hack! I only found out because I had my loan officer run my credit to get an idea on what getting a new car over a used one would be.

Somewhere a Russian gangster is getting rolled for his wallet and teeth in an Applebees parking lot by a multipregnant rural Idahoan in your name.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

MrChips posted:

Wait what? A normal, non-insulting response to someone saying they don't like something, on the internet?!

What the hell is this bizzaro world

He works at a comic book store, that part of his brain is probably burned out.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Anyone here ever get any bespoke clothes (suits or even jeans) from one of the several online sources that seem to be around now?

How did it go? Any tips?

If you're looking for a suit, I've had good luck twice now with a guy in town who measures, outsources the actual fabrication of the garment to Vietnam, and then he does follow-up alterations as needed.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Yeah that kind of thing would appeal to me, but all my local suit stores are chains are chains (like Moores) or a small independent but only seems to offer high, high end stuff, like well into $4-figures$ suits if a guy wants custom.

Might be worth a trip into the big city, then. I can pass you the details in PM.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

This heat transfer class, professor showed a table from the book listing surface roughness for various materials. The metric column listed it in mm, usually tenths of mm or less. Cool, makes sense.

The other column, for imperial units, listed the same roughness values... in decimal feet. Like, "polished steel, 0.000004 feet"

:psyduck:

I remember for one of my physics classes in university, during a lab we got a photocopied sheet from before full metrication. It had a bunch of completely insane imperial-unit numbers in the reference section.

Do you guys at least use metric in high school physics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Noooooooooooooo :(

• Locked thread