Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Ugh, asking Ebay sellers whether something is a given fitment, or failing that,what size the mounting is.

"Hello, There are detailed model table in the description, pls carefully check."

No there loving isn't, that's why I'm asking.

Put "-bs" in your search to make it a title only search and remove all of those "also fits" results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Trying to sell my enfield for $350 because it has a clean title but is otherwise hosed up a bunch and needs work. Well, I just enrolled for a few online community college classes and need money for books.

Holy poo poo my phone exploded. Even discounting all of the "so all it needs is a battery and fresh gas?" (no, it needs a bit more than that, you will NOT be riding it away from here, the ad says to bring a trailer) I still have like eleven people that want it. I've been very clear that 1: it still has the Idaho title, 2: the price is so low because it's a "you get what you get and no complaining" price, and 3: bring a trailer.

Then, fuckwits that agreed about things yesterday start texting bullshit like this today:

Aaaand blocked

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 2, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Aaaaand the enfield is gone. Two kids came first, maybe mid 20's, and were concerned about the Idaho title. "But it needs to be notarized." Listen, there's no spot ON THE TITLE TO NOTARIZE IT. I called the MVD on friday and they were like "yeah, that's cool. Just notarize a bill of sale for out of state titles without notarization spots." So, I presented them with a notarized bill of sale that I did this very morning. "Nah, man. You mind coming with us to the private MVD down the street?" Nope. Goodbye.

Another guy literally 2 minutes away with his truck bought it as-is for the 350, cash, no hassle.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Today has been super humid West side. I tried playing on the lathe for a bit and it was miserable.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Don't worry the US will be fine because Trump thinks Puerto Rico is Mexico.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That big crocodile could get them

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I know someone that is a truck driver for a local grocery chain (Winn Dixie) and he said on his delivery this morning a bunch of people swarmed his truck asking for water but he had none. So the next truck pulls up and they swarm that truck, and the dumbass truck driver says yeah I have water. Huge fight ensues, cops arrived and fighting continued, arrests were made.

Every time we have a hurricane potentially coming towards us this always happens and it's getting loving old. People are freaking out a week before the storm touches land, this storm track has steadily moved east in the last few days but people are still freaking out like were gonna take a direct hit. On the current track we might get tropical storm force winds and a little rain maybe. And now the whole east coast is on alert because the forecast keeps moving east

My water heater has 50 good, usable gallons of water. RO system has another 5 I can grab and go with. Also fill tubs and stuff (though that doesn't help if it floods up high or sewer system backs up).

Also I live in Phoenix so none of this applies but back up in Idaho that's what we did when we got snowed in or the city's pipes froze.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've got someone on the horn to buy the bus for $8k. We'll see if he pulls through or not. Says he'll do it next Wednesday.

If it works, sad to see it go but happy for money and being debt free.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I flush the HW tank once a year with a hose. There's a reason the emergency drain bib has a hose threading on it.

Take the screen off of one of your faucets, close the HW tank inlet, hook the hose up and turn it on, and run the hot water on that faucet.

The emergency drain is usually down low, so the pressure from the hose stirs up the sediment and flushes it out.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

like an automatic transmission, anything older than 5 years since the last flush should be left alone. That sediment could be the only thing holding it together, literally.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Look at what I found at goodwill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-CiOj9JIk

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hello

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Have solar or a genny?

My only fear of selling the bus is I lose 370W of solar panels and 5 yellow top optimas worth of inverter. My bus is/was my emergency power plan because I'm renting and can't install anything permanent.

Of course, I'm in Phoenix, so I'll never have to survive that long. Longest was 3 days when APS (company) poo poo the bed and internally protested the refused rate hike. Second was 2 days when it was stormy and the out-of-town neighbor's adult son kept shutting off OUR breaker (townhouse) by mistake.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 11, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

Sweet summer child

You're right, you'd have to coat it in an electrically conductive material first.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

It's cool and good to refer to a woman who is miscarrying her baby as 'bitching' in reference to her mentioning she has felt ill prior to said miscarriage

Fuuuuuck you. Also your username disqualfies you from that line of accusation.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

Cool, a baby that could have been born just died. But you're right. The mom had it coming.

That's not his argument you SJW fuckwit. Stop looking for a fight.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Don't use SJW as a pejorative thanks

You're right. Take out the SJW, he's just a fuckwit all by himself.

I just thought it was because that's the description on wikipedia etc. Literally says "a pejorative term." People who are more about the fight and feeling self righteous versus actual offense or beliefs, which he clearly was. I'm open about actual beliefs and on the side of the oppressed. I am 100% against people using hot button topics as an excuse to win or start arguments in a psychological/social hat trick for ulterior motives.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, once upon a time, SJW was a pejorative,used to refer to those tumblr types were basically all outrage all the time over little things.

But then thanks to idiots it's got used to refer to anybody who cared about any kind of social justice issue.

poo poo. Should I update the wikipedia page? Two weeks ago THE AMAZING WORLD OF GUMBALL used it as a joke. This is some reverse reverse sarcasm poo poo and I'm lost.

I'll keep my ear to the ground a little better in the future. Thanks for the information.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bye bye, bus :sadwave:

Hello debt repayment money

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Seminal Flu posted:

:rip: the dragon.

wtf is going on with your October thread?

What October thread? Don't be crazy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh man my keyring is like 3 keys now wtf

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Welp, he made it up the long climb, and the bus didn't even overheat. Apparently the mom of the family that bought it was one of ten growing up, and they had TWO VW buses as getarounds. At least its in good hands.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

DICK DICER posted:

Has anyone seen the Laser pope trailer

https://youtu.be/sbLbT5lTr8Q

I'm scared.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Please don't read ignored user's posts. As it should be for everybody.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Going from an i5 4570/gtx960 combo to an i5 7500/gtx1070 combo. Have had this system since 2013. I hope this carries me at least until 2021 or so.

Any good sources for win10 keys? Legit I mean. Amazon shows like $100 lol gently caress that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Even on a 960 and ssd prey objects just pop in. It's all good.

I just recently got bitten by the Overwatch bug, that's the main reason for my upgrade.

Well, that and my mobo doesn't shut down cleanly, ever since new. It spins down the HDDs, powers down everything, but doesn't click the PSU off. Any shutdown or restart I have to click the PSU switch.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

scuz posted:

I'm thinking it might be time for BIOS update on that mobo o yo's.

ASrock abandoned it before I even purchased it. And new good PSU, same behavior with another one. Just something I've lived with for four years. Almost never shut it off anyway, runs my Plex server.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sorry that is happening, TT. Bad string, but you're a good person to the dog so you'll know what's best either way.

In lighter news, video card from SA-Mart came in. Mockup in the case I picked out:

Just baaarely fits. That's a 200mm fan there.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Oh hey I recognize that case :v:

So glad I got rid of my full-tower monstrosity.

:respek:

I still have my CoolerMaster Elite 130, with my i5 4570 and GTX 960, and like 8TB of disk space. I'm setting it up to be headless RN, and it'll continue to serve my plex shows and other things in the garage or next to the TV. The new computer will be mainly school and gaming, so I don't have all of my computer use eggs in one basket.

One of my favorite cases ever. However, when doing shopping, I discovered that the ThermalTake Core V7 can handle 280mm of video card, and I love how the PSU is on the bottom now for ease of access. So, despite the chintzy window, I had to have it.

Never going back to a full tower. ITX for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

everdave posted:

Man MGS I like and respect you but you had a 960 other than that shut down poo poo of it was me I’d have just got a new mobo.

Of all time :v:

• Locked thread