Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Hi got my CDL on the 29th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

cakesmith handyman posted:

Congrats, watcha gonna do with it?

Wife's handbrake was lower shoe retaining spring fatigued and let go, adjuster dropped into the hub behind the mounting flange, fractions of a mm from the tone ring. Spring is now s-shaped, adjuster has a curve worn into the important parts. Replacement parts ordered as no-one sells anything other than shoes and cylinders over the counter on a Sunday. She can drive mine until I get back.

Thanks!

Wellll nothing for now. I wasn't sure I'd get into a school so it was sort of a plan B? And something productive to do with my summer. If I drove it would be cross-country hauling. I'd love it

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
augh hopefully not for another week at least?

Congratulations Larrymer

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Kazinsal posted:

Make sure you're saluting when you finish.

tiny one gun salute

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

nm posted:

So I had to go to hanford and bakersfield for work this week. Enterprise ran out of economy cars, so I got a black chevy tahoe. It is big, makes no sense for what I'm doing, and handles like hell.
However, blasting down 99 in a blacked out tahoe in a suit just feels right.

It does.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's simple. When a person is in a relationship there's zero neediness. Like how you ducked the room number question, that is the opposite of needy. Would you have done that as a single man lol

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Seminal Flu posted:

We need a pic to gauge your standards.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

rdb posted:

So is the "cleaner" sine wave thing really an issue with inverter vs non inverter? That seems to be a huge marketing point.

Personally I would get an open frame with higher wattage assuming its just for backup. From whatever brand you can reliably source parts from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzmfsU06qN8

I run a pure sine wave UPS for my computer because the power supply on the computer is even more expensive than the UPS. At 4 minutes into the video he demonstrates the difference in consumed wattage between modified and pure sine wave.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

LloydDobler posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Ironically it worked the other way for my ex wife. I can name 5 guys that completely fell in love with her while she was married to me. The last one contributed directly to our divorce, then lost all interest the second she became single.

Exactly. Good on you, man.

have you tried marrying dudes? then both of you have the same ring powers.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Coasterphreak posted:

One ring to rule them all

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I was under the impression your insurance company doesn't care about not at faults.

So earlier I said I didn't plan to use my class A but I forgot to mention my idea of getting a nice used tractor with a sleeper cab, and a used custom trailer with a garage and lift in the back and living area up front. Have that as a mobile base and just hook up at a long term trailer park like a low budget nightrider.

thoughts?

I'm seeing some good trailers online so far. None exactly how I'd want, I'd like something built on a lowboy frame.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

angryrobots posted:

Insurance on big trucks is expensive, so check on that.

When traveling on the interstate, you'll have to stop and get weighed, and explain why you don't have DOT numbers. ...Unless you plan on running those too, which also means maintaining participation in a random drug testing program. I hear it's a pain for an owner/operator, no personal experience.

Thanks, I'll do that. I guess the game is figuring out whether the mobile base is cheaper than a house or apartment, and I'm guessing it is? My figure would be around $1,000 a month before maintenance costs are worse than a brick and mortar residence. Like an apartment, most likely. That's factoring in the few hundred it might cost monthly for long term RV parking with hookups.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

they don't... until you have 2-3 of them in a few years. I don't think they can drop me for them in my state, but they can raise my rates.

I've had one maybe every other year and my premiums haven't moved. :shrug:

you can only do so much. It's uncanny they're all 18 or 19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
When I get into SoCal after a drive from central Texas it is definitely different. I like to take the Cajon Pass route and drive into San Diego instead of Phoenix / Riverside, because gently caress that heat and altitude. As I come out of the hills and drop from 4,000 feet to sea level, the car feels like it gets angrier. Huge bump in power behind the throttle.

• Locked thread