Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had three beers and I am 100% recovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you use Facebook and you are not a member of a local buy/sell group I urge you to join one. The scamming and blatantly stolen items for sale make the experience incredibly entertaining. Some dude is losing his poo poo because he bought a "Snap On" toolbox and when he got it home he discovered it was a Harbor Freight box with a Snap On sticker. And the only reason I'm not shaming him is his sister is a friend of mine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The ad said it was a $1700 Snap On box.

I'm currently ribbing his sister over it. It's kind of hilarious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

idk sounds like victim blaming for blatant fraud

Would you buy a $1700 item without checking to make sure it's legit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never said it was okay. The buyer being an idiot is what amuses me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

really he shouldnt be complaining on facebook if he wants to solve the issue. confront the seller or extract revenge with property damage.

did he actually pay 1700 bucks?

The picture showed a $1700 box from snap ons site. He paid less but it was a very cheap HF box he actually got.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL

The seller claims he sold a legit SO box and the buyer is trying to gently caress him and...

quote:

well, knowing [brother's name redacted] the seller is telling the truth

His own sister says it's quite possible. All the posts are deleted now, hopefully he goes on an insane rampage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Brother is doing drugs again. He was acting funny wednesday night. Eyes were like slits, kept rocking back and forth, talking about reaaally dumb stuff. Poured himself a drink and let it sit for 20 minutes while taking one sip. Seemed the same way on thursday night and me and my dad knew he was on something. My mom came home from her night shift, found him downstairs watching tv asleep with spilled pop all over. Ended up finding needles and heroin packets in his room. :sigh:

Sooooooooooooooo stupid. He just came off 3 years probation less than 3 weeks ago. Not that he stopped using drugs during that time.

edit: cute dog tax

Sorry buddy. It's worse because you can't just cut off family.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
38 and not a spot of grey over here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

Yeah but you're getting shorter by the day

I'll be a limbo champ in my 70's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to the Auburn Douchenberg auction today.

Found the best car

$2500 OBO i about died laughing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If he'll take $1200 or less I might

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It had rust at the rear of the driver side rocker and two or three hand sized dents. Interior as shockingly clean but very worn.

The auctions make everyone think their poo poo is gold. We saw so many crossed out prices with OBO under them today, nobody was buying anything in the car corral.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, that's definitely a proximity effect.
$2500 is a bit much. Maybe $1500.

His crossed out price was $2800. I didn't remember to check the mileage so unless it was crazy low I stick by the $1200 value. They're pretty common around this region.

Edit: Oh yeah, so after the auction I jumped on the highway and went to IKEA. I got detoured because of a wreck and cut across a state highway and ended up passing a BREMBO facility. I pulled in and wandered up to the office and asked if they gave tours but not on Saturday so that sucked.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 3, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Homer sounds right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

West of Jackson? That's where they cast and machine their rotors. There's also a corner assembly area for the GT500 but that may have changed in the past 5 years.

I was heading towards Jackson so that must be it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A BP swapped Festiva is too cool for Douchenburg.

Dad has to have open heart surgery. I might be freaking out a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

I can't see a Festiva and not think of a Kia Pride. I mean, they were pretty terrible, and I don't understand how the US versions can be much of an improvement. Is the love of them just down to the US not getting all the really good small 80s cars that everyone else had?

Yeah, our small car selection sucks.

InitialDave posted:

He's considered a good enough prospect for them to want to do it, so chin up, dude. Surgeons are arrogant bastards and they do not like losing, if they've decided they want to go ahead, he's likely going to be ok.

This is what he tells me. I'm still worried.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Congrats, that is a gorgeous kitty.

One of the local car idiots that seems to plague every enthusiast gathering crashed a bike on the interstate last night. From what I understand it was his 5th or 6th time riding.

http://wane.com/2017/09/03/1-hurt-after-motorcycle-crash-on-i-69/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Balding chat Mk Deux

As I am an emotional cornflake right now I got frustrated and shaved my full head of not-grey hair so hopefully I fit in better wit da old dudes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Pro-tip, if you need supplies for the hurricane, you best get to the stores ASAP.

Homedepot is bringing out pallets of plywood and their being emptied as soon as the forklift leaves.

This is gonna be bad. Are you in the line of fire?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We need a FL Goon sound off. I just want to know that everybody is okay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

It's not going to hit for a few days

I am aware of this, I just want to know who is there now so I can keep track.

Ultimate Force
Exploding Sims
Applebees Appetizer

???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Yeah, the last few days of the school year (especially in lower grades with no exams to study for) where you'd just dick around watching movies or they'd open the gym and do bigass dodgeball games and poo poo? Those were your snow days if it didn't snow.

Local school district schedules every monday in April off to make up potential snow days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I havent been able to get a status report out of there yet but luckily we haven't bought tickets yet

we wanna go somewhere really warm that isnt cabo or cancun for a little break and loving hurricanes are tearing rear end :(

Hawaii?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does anyone know what font the official Cars and Coffee logo uses?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dad got admitted again and transferred from his small town to here. He's in good spirits but the surgery is definitely gonna happen now, they don't think they can correct this just meds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would like all of my AI Florida Goons to be safe and alive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hey uh guys

Get the gently caress to safety pls

I thought this storm was FOUR-HUNNERT miles wide?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

Power was flickering, just watched our transformer blow. Looks like we're dark for the long haul here in Longwood.

Lights are still on down the street for now, so hopefully it'll be a quick fix once the storm passes. We've got lots of aux batteries, including my bigass laptop battery, and the stove is gas so we can still cook.

I'll mostly be in ultra low power mode on my phone but I'll check in periodically. Catch you on the flip side.

Be safe my dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Welp. Survived the storm, but no power for a week it sounds like.

Couple of trees dell down, one managed to snag power lines and poles.

Another guy down the road had a tree split in two. Half went in the street, half on his house

Just glad you made it through unscathed. So far it looks like all AIers made it through okay with minimal damage. My fiance's best friend has been unable to get in touch with her mother so that's frustrating us a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My FB profile got haxored or something so if it pops back up spamming sunglasses or something it's not me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

You have more social problems than anyone I've ever seen.

So turns out someone reported my post where I said "stop bitching about your life" because it urges people to commit suicide. And FB agreed. LoL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is why I no longer have friends

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Lol what the gently caress is going on in here

We're celebrating how awesome life is without friends!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
so what's up with this immodium poo poo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

You can get high off it if you take tons but this kills your heart.

jokes on you, already dead inside

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

Are you out of stalkers, too, one hopes?

That poo poo is it's own mess but I believe it is over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm gonna live in a a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wowza, I was cleaning the bathroom and I think two of the cleaners mixed and the fumes nearly killed me.

• Locked thread