Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Our Lexus has chilled seats. It works alright, but it's not like I feel a cold draft on my balls or something. Now THAT would be impressive,

Put on some mesh basketball shorts and try again, unless my car has better A/C than yours. I don't get that much of a chance to use them in Seattle, but they were a god send this summer. The heated seats work really well, and get way more use up here.

Speaking of ls430's, had to drive out to Kirkland this morning, noticed the steering was pulling a bit, got on the freeway and the low tire indicator comes on. Make it to the doctors office to find my front right tire almost flat with a screw in it. I have a feeling its too close to the sidewall to be fixed, but it looks like I need new tires anyways....

Thankfully the entire toolkit was intact and the spare is in good shape and filled with air. Time to go get some new tires I guess.

Also, mine hit a milestone the other day

(didn't want to take the picture while driving, but there was no exit for ~2 miles)

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

My AW11 has these two little aimable ball warmer/coolers under the column

One of the features I miss the most about my aw11's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Adiabatic posted:

Definitely too close to the sidewall.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, I think most shops like to avoid the whole outside tread block. That's practically in the sidewall itself.

Yea, I was already planning on replacing the tires soon since they are pretty haggard. The PO of the car did not put many miles on it, so they are most likely rather old. Currently looking for options locally, but costco's tire site is being slow as gently caress.

Anyone run Falken Pro G4 AS tires before? One of the cheaper options from Discount Tire and I liked the Falkens I ran on my old mr2, but that was years ago.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I got Kumho Solus for our LS, great tires great price.

Kumho's have been my go to tire for a while, but it looks like discount doesn't have any in stock locally that would fit. Costco has a special on Michelin tires, but their site won't load to show me what they actually have in stock. At least it's a full size spare, so I don't have to rush to find replacements.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Tirerack has them if you're in no hurry, that's where I got em.

Sadly after shipping and installation, I can get the Falken's from Discount for less money and less waiting. For some reason Tire Rack's installers want $132 to install them, which seems kinda insane to me. At least my favorite local shop(Group 2) would be able to do the install, but my wheels were beat to poo poo when I got the car so I am fine with discounts installers.

BraveUlysses posted:

check discount tire direct. no sales tax and free shipping.

too bad you just missed the labor day weekend sale when they offer tons of rebates

Sounds about like my luck, poo poo breaks right after all the good deals are done.

Darchangel posted:

*plumbing poo poo*

If it makes you feel better I got a quote for ~$10k to replace ~10 feet of cement pipe and regrade it since its broken down and created a valley. And thats for the sewer line that only deal with the kitchen sink/dishwasher and the washer in the basement.*

*I don't know if its common outside of Seattle, but I have 2 sewer lines. The main sewer on the north side of the house that only handles the toilet and connects to the sewer main. There is another smaller sewer line on the south side of the house to handle the kitchen, that meets with the main sewer line in front of the house before it hits the city main. loving weird, but apparently not uncommon in my neighborhood.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Cage posted:

Blade imo.

Blade Trinity is by far the best of the series.

And by best, I mean one of the worst action movies ever and I love it so much for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

the spyder posted:

There is nothing good about a 5am phone call that starts with "Something let the magic smoke out and the sites down". It's like groundhog day for worse-case Monday's in the IT world. Thankfully I planned ahead and took Friday off :D.

Seeing stuff like this makes me so happy I got out of the ops side of things. Hell, I am looking at making the transition to spending more time in meetings than at a cmd prompt. Younger me would laugh if you told him I was going to be going into BizDev, but after ~10 years of being on call, I am done with it.

• Locked thread