Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
turn on vsync

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

wolffenstein posted:

turn on vsync

I'll give that a shot.. I don't have a free/gsync compatible monitor because i"m a peasant

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

tater_salad posted:

I'll give that a shot.. I don't have a free/gsync compatible monitor because i"m a peasant

You don't need a fancy monitor. Vsync eliminates screen tearing by making the next frame "wait" for your monitor's next refresh

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

You don't need a fancy monitor. Vsync eliminates screen tearing by making the next frame "wait" for your monitor's next refresh

right, my brain always thinks it's not a big deal to have off kuz I don't have gsync.. no clue why game keeps it off by default.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

tater_salad posted:

right, my brain always thinks it's not a big deal to have off kuz I don't have gsync.. no clue why game keeps it off by default.

It adds a small amount of input latency and since input response is key in a racing game, they chose to keep it off.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

tater_salad posted:

Funnily enough for Gsync/Freesync to work you need to turn Vsync off. You don't want the game waiting for a refresh when the screen is waiting for a frame.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The last few days Ive been going all in on Forza 7, and while its a much different beast than FH4 and takes more patience the music kicks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cage posted:

The last few days Ive been going all in on Forza 7, and while its a much different beast than FH4 and takes more patience the music kicks.

wtf the music in forza 7 sucks rear end in a top hat

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turn-10 stopped doing a soundtrack after Forza 3, and I am sad about that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wtf the music in forza 7 sucks rear end in a top hat
The gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlblxriXMHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL9Np7TA4K4

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah it's generic buttrock that sounds like it fell out of sonic adventure, pretty much everyone itt is in agreement that f7 has a poo poo-tier soundtrack except you

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I never played sonic adventure you nerd. :lol:

Anyway discuss kickin F7 music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qwYl62zMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39nrcXXWIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPo1Dn9kyTA

Cage fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 14, 2020

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah it's generic buttrock that sounds like it fell out of sonic adventure, pretty much everyone itt is in agreement that f7 has a poo poo-tier soundtrack except you
You sure told him.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Anyone have issues with a logitech DFGT not being recognized by the game? Shows up in windows and works fine in iracing but I cant get any inputs in Forza. I even found the DFGT profile and it doesn't help, can't even add controls manually the game just senses 0 input.

I googled and the only thing people said was to find the right logitech gaming software but I tried the one they all insisted and it didn't help.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cage posted:

Anyone have issues with a logitech DFGT not being recognized by the game? Shows up in windows and works fine in iracing but I cant get any inputs in Forza. I even found the DFGT profile and it doesn't help, can't even add controls manually the game just senses 0 input.

I googled and the only thing people said was to find the right logitech gaming software but I tried the one they all insisted and it didn't help.

Which Logitech software are you using? DFGT is no longer supported by Logitech and they don't recognize it as a wheel that works on Windows 10. What you need is version 5.10.127, released on 6/14/2010. This is the only version Logitech Profiler that will work for DFGT on Windows 10.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ya thats the one I got. :mad:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do what i'm gonna do in like November and throw down about $700 for a Fanatec wheel. It could just be that Forza 7 simply doesn't work with that wheel. You actually saved me a lot of time, I was going to get back into Forza 7 again and use my DFGT but was unsure it would work.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm too cheap to pay for an iracing subscription I just get a 3 month coupon every once in a while. Even felt like a chump buying the wheel like 3-4 years ago. Talked the guy down like $10 on craigslist and when I met him it was some 15 year old kid and his mom drove him.

I think it has something to do with Windows 10 drivers installing over the DFGT drivers. I got nowhere though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just go down the rabbit hole with sims. Give in. :getin:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cage posted:

I'm too cheap to pay for an iracing subscription I just get a 3 month coupon every once in a while. Even felt like a chump buying the wheel like 3-4 years ago. Talked the guy down like $10 on craigslist and when I met him it was some 15 year old kid and his mom drove him.

I think it has something to do with Windows 10 drivers installing over the DFGT drivers. I got nowhere though.

look around online I think I might have the fix bookmarked.. nope
the DFGT has some fuckery where on win 10 even logitch sees it as a regular driving force. When i had my PC and my DFGT I had to do some kind of EXE fix every tie time before I plugged in the DFGT before i started iRacing.

It's time to maybe upgrade from your DFGT.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's weird that you're having issues still, even with the correct Logitech Profiler. I am having zero issues with mine, I only want to upgrade because the current gen of wheels are so much better.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

tater_salad posted:

look around online I think I might have the fix bookmarked.. nope
the DFGT has some fuckery where on win 10 even logitch sees it as a regular driving force. When i had my PC and my DFGT I had to do some kind of EXE fix every tie time before I plugged in the DFGT before i started iRacing.

It's time to maybe upgrade from your DFGT.
I ain't buying a new wheel for a game I got for $20 when the wheel turns left and right perfectly fine. :colbert: Strange, though. Like I said iracing worked great for me I never had to do a thing except plug and play.

When I was googling for other logitech issues some people said it would randomly start working after a reboot when it wasn't working a minute ago. Ill try doing some more thorough driver cleaning later maybe.

I said come in! posted:

It's weird that you're having issues still, even with the correct Logitech Profiler. I am having zero issues with mine, I only want to upgrade because the current gen of wheels are so much better.
You tested yours? Yeah I guess Ill just make sure everything logitech is gone and then try again.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Just loaded FH4 with Gamepass, is there an active car club?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The previous horizon is about to get removed from the store, good time to grab it
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1310237085840715782

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

horizon 3 rules and if you don't have it you should absolutely grab it

grab the hot wheels expansion too

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Hot wheel expansion is not on sale, literally cheaper to buy the Ultimate Edition. Or the base game and expansion pass for a couple bucks less than that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

i need to see if I own FH3.. I might but probalby nto the howtwheels stuff. I've pretty much completed everything on the main island on FH4, I need to finish the expansion stuff.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AirRaid posted:

Hot wheel expansion is not on sale, literally cheaper to buy the Ultimate Edition. Or the base game and expansion pass for a couple bucks less than that.

the ultimate edition does not include the hot wheels dlc, just the car pass

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Well that's weird. Ultimate Edition in FH4 had the two expansions included.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Well that's weird. Ultimate Edition in FH4 had the two expansions included.

I believe there was a Platinum edition at some point that included the expansion pack.

Yes, it's very silly.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is there any vehicle i MUST have.. I have standard edition and thinking about getting the expansion pass for 10bux.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
If you care about achievements there’s a Hoonigan car pack that has its own set of achievements tied to it

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:blush: :suicide:

I had an app called forza emuwheel that I downloaded before setting up my wheel weeks ago that interfered with my wheel working in only forza. Got rid of it now my wheels works and I'm dramatically better.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
for what its worth i really didn't like the hot wheels expansion that much personally, blizzard mountain is amazing though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want Forza Motorsport to come back. I am sad that we are probably not getting it until near the end of 2021, but I am sure it’ll be an amazing game.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Just installed FH4 after grabbing GamePass for Crusader Kings 3 and man, I loving suck at this.

I almost feel like there’s something I’m doing wrong? Basically every car faster than the starter Audi TT wants to spin out constantly. I’m using a fairly old 360 controller which might not help, but I’m really struggling and I have no idea why. Basically I’ll be driving at speed, slightly feather the steering to adjust for an upcoming corner or whatever and the car will react like I’ve jammed on full lock. The rear starts to lose traction so I back off the throttle and either try to let it correct, or counter steer. Either way I usually end up in an uncontrollable slide off the road.

I’ve played racing games since the original Original Test Drive in like 1989, so I have no idea why I’m sucking so much. Any ideas?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You might want to look at the controls, there's specifically one slider, I can't remember what it's called, steering linearity I think, that lets you tweak that particular property. It's not the same as standard sensitivity, instead you can sort of fiddle around with how quickly your steering goes from "small adjustment" to "full lock."

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Make sure simulation steering isn’t on if you are using a controller

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Thanks guys. I’d increased the dead zone setting a bit but I’ve put it through the roof which seems to have helped.

Is it normal to end up in the winter season after like five races? I was expecting the season progression to happen quite slowly but yeah I did the intro 2-3 races, then literally once race in the spring season before it’s winter and it’s snowing and it wants me to go off-roading in a pagani huyra oh god

edit: also if there’s a goon club or something let me know, would be good to give you guys a laugh

webmeister fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

webmeister posted:

Is it normal to end up in the winter season after like five races?

Seasons are tied to real life calendar. They rotate every two weeks or so.

You can race whatever season/car you want with custom events. Drive to a race and copy it. The custom races will count for game progression.