Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Maybe not the ideal Forza for it, but I've already done it in FM7, so I put down lap times for some (not all) cars in Horzion 4 :cheerdoge:

Lakehurst Copse Circuit (no mods)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

A Handed Missus posted:

Maybe not the ideal Forza for it, but I've already done it in FM7, so I put down lap times for some (not all) cars in Horzion 4 :cheerdoge:

Lakehurst Copse Circuit (no mods)

And now we need to find out how fast it is around our track, and that mean handing it over to our tame racing driver.

Some say he has too much time on his hands, and that secretly, he is an anime. All we know is, he's called A Handed Missus

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

AirRaid posted:

And now we need to find out how fast it is around our track, and that mean handing it over to our tame racing driver.

Some say he has too much time on his hands, and that secretly, he is an anime. All we know is, he's called A Handed Missus

or not so secretly

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Finally got a chance to watch that stream from the other day and man, the Adventure Mode map looks loving sick

November can’t come soon enough

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I saw the car list and all I can say is they are cowards for not adding a jzx and dropping the sw20

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's not the final car list. i think there are over a hundred left to reveal if what i read about there being 550 cars in the game on day one is accurate, and i bet a lot of fan favorites are among those yet to be revealed. the sw20 in particular will very likely be one of those, it'd be completely insane to include the aw11 and not the sw20 considering how much more presence the sw20 has in car culture.

also those are just the 'day 1' cars, there'll be more added for free as seasonal rewards like in fh4.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The dev build in the last stream had ~540 cars available, I think it showed up when they did a photo and it triggered the 1/XXX cars photographed thing. they said at the time that number wasnt the final number and "didnt mean anything" then, too.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Hey, what's the thread consensus on Fortune Island and Lego expansions? I've got most of the way through the base FH4 game and I think I need something else to play during winter. It reminds me too much of, like, actually driving in Canada.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I thought Fortune Island was boring as hell, but Lego Island was really awesome and had a great goal system that tracked all sorts of different progression on the island for completing tasks to build your lego house. Plus, the lego cars are fun and look cool!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

fortune island has that one cool rear end switchback road and thunderstorm weather and that's pretty much it

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Yeah the progression system for the Lego expansion looks to be what they used as the starting point for the accolades system in FH5, with a big grid of goals for you to accomplish. It also gives you a radio station that lets you listen to 'Everything is Awesome' on repeat.

In any case, the expansion bundle just went on sale for $20 this week so it's a good deal if you want both of them (plus all the extra car packs) since each expansion goes for $20 separately at the normal price: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Forza-Horizon-4-Ultimate-AddOns-Bundle/9P7JJ1FKQWXH

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I've never even finished the 2 dlc's. They were a pretty big step down from FH3 IMO. But, if you are looking for different areas to play in then they are alright. Fortune Island has pretty cool scenery. There is a really neat dirt road that hugs the cliff on the back side of the island.

e: I should play more of the lego expansion

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 14, 2021

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I finished both DLCs. Fortune Island is okay. It's like they took the Scotland part of the map and made it "More In every Way". It's not bad, and if you enjoy the base game it's more of that with a big mountain, so it's cool. The Lego expansion is actually dope as hell. The progression thing as mentioned is great, but the way you can smash through everything and it has no weight because it's all just lego bits is amazing. plowing through fields of flowers and bits of scenery with the plastic tinkle of lego bricks bouncing off your car is the most satisfying thing.

If i had to pick one, it'd be the Lego one hands down, but I think both are worth playing if you enjoyed the main content.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i like lego valley but they did not go far enough with it imo, there were not nearly enough lego cars and too much of the map was made of not-lego. still recommended.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i like lego valley but they did not go far enough with it imo, there were not nearly enough lego cars and too much of the map was made of not-lego. still recommended.

This is my big issue with it, honestly. They absolutely nailed it with the Hot Wheels expansion for 3, the Lego one for 4 just feels incredibly lame in comparison. I'd really have liked to see the environment itself made out of plates and wedge bricks, not just "Yeah we took some normal terrain and then added Lego vegetation and stuff" :v:

The desert bit is cool at least, the way you slide around in the sand feels awesome!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The DLCs are fine I guess, Lego better than Fortune Island imo (although I did enjoy the treasure chest hunt thing).

None of them are as good as Hot Wheels for FH3 was

Actually, speaking of Hot Wheels there is a new hot wheels arcade racing game with trackbuilder coming out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

to be fair the hot wheels dlc set a virtually impossible bar for any future dlc to clear, it fuckin ruled real hard

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
I didn't touch the Lego DLC at all. I understand why a lot would enjoy it, and I'd like to see another DLC with fun and weird fantasy cars like the Hot Wheels DLC, but Lego cars are just plain boring to me. I like how Horizon is all about experiencing all sorts of cars, but a car made of plastic bricks just doesn't tick any boxes for me. It may formally have four wheels but it's not a "car" to me - it's just a bunch of bricks. And why would I race a Lego brick Bugatti when I can race an ordinary Bugatti that's in the game in the first place...? But anyway, that's just me.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Same tbh. I also found the brick acquisition notifs a bit noisy. I'd probably enjoy it more with quieter notifs and a more consistent experience; e.g. all cars are converted to Lego versions when you go to Lego Valley. That's an entire game unto itself, though; I don't expect it in a DLC package. Mostly I swing by once a week for the Stunt PR challenge and that's it

I got a lot more out of Fortune Island. The $10m credits from the treasure hunt helped me buy Edinburgh Castle. I'd be okay without the Trailblazer courses since Cross Country is my least favorite race type in FH

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bad news for you then 'cause trailblazers are a standard pr stunt in fh5

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Good to know! Maybe they're better in FH5. Will probably wait on goon impressions before picking it up or not

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

isk posted:

Good to know! Maybe they're better in FH5. Will probably wait on goon impressions before picking it up or not

I'm gonna doubt that they will be much different. To be honest I never loved them either, they are just kind of the stupidest looking and 'wackiest' type of race

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Trailblazer races give you the Wololo horn and for that I will always be totally okay with them :v:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Play posted:

I'm gonna doubt that they will be much different. To be honest I never loved them either, they are just kind of the stupidest looking and 'wackiest' type of race

For sure; I'm not getting my hopes up, and this is one of a few things I'm keeping my eye on. I definitely enjoy FH4, I'm still doing the seasonal events every week, but the next installment isn't a must buy for me. Might just do like I did with FH4 and wait for the eventual omnibus discount

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The worst thing about the Lego DLC was all the Lego cars, even the Mini, were S1+2 class, the objectively worst car classes in the game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

s1 is pretty fun in trophy trucks doing dirt racing

s2 is just atrocious though. nothing worse than getting s2 in ranked online adventure, especially if you get s2 street racing. good fuckin god that poo poo sucks so hard.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

The Alfa Romeo 155 is an impossibly quick and joyful drive at S1. Hypercars are technically faster but I was astonished at how much that sedan whips

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I enjoyed the lego DLC more than I did Fortune Island (not that its bad). I do wish there were more lego cars than the 3 we got though.

I also disliked that in free roam you would have regular cars driving around - give me lego only!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
While I enjoyed both Fortune Island and the lego stuff in FH4, in terms of the franchise as a whole for me the highlight is "Blizzard Mountain". That DLC was loving *awesome*.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I thought Lego was a big disappointment after having Hot Wheels in FH3. Then again I'm a sucker for rollercoaster style tracks in racing games.

I do love Fortune Island though, the mountain roads and extreme hill climbs are so much fun.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Zip! posted:

I enjoyed the lego DLC more than I did Fortune Island (not that its bad). I do wish there were more lego cars than the 3 we got though.

I also disliked that in free roam you would have regular cars driving around - give me lego only!

Just in case you haven't gotten to them yet, there are 5 Lego cars. The Chiron and the 911 come quite a bit later in the game though.

I really wish I could get my hands on the FH3 DLC somehow, I didn't start playing this series until a few months ago.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrT5-MRLHI

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

PC specs are out.

https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1443523527651602443

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Reads like ray tracing is only enabled in forza vista. Weird choice, I wouldn’t be surprised if they add it to the driving modes in a patch. Or is there something about not enabling nvidia-advantaged options because of the Xbox?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ray-tracing in open world games is really taxing, and you're really not going to notice the effect in a racing game anyways.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It’s likely it’s only RT reflections, maybe RT shadows on the car anyway. I highly doubt they’d implement any kind of Global Illumination just for forzavista.

But yes in actual gameplay RT lighting would murder the experience in this game. Adding it for the show off the pretty cars screen makes some sense, since you don’t need quick response or a particularly high frame rate for that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

fuggin 3080, even if you get lucky to get one at retailer scalping pricing and not retail+reseller scalper that shits still a grand.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 1, 2021

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The requirements seem pretty in line with FH4, which runs fantastically on my 1080, so here's hoping.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

tater_salad posted:

fuggin 3080, even if you get lucky to get one at retailer scalping pricing and not retail+reseller scalper that shits still a grand.

I’ve had mine for over a year now, and the prices have not been anywhere near what I paid at launch since, it’s wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

hopterque posted:

The requirements seem pretty in line with FH4, which runs fantastically on my 1080, so here's hoping.

A 970 was the recommended spec for FH4, it is the minimum spec for FH5.