Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Someone earlier in the thread (Powershift, maybe?) mentioned a Viper drift tune. I don't know why but I want to do the drift zones, which I've been avoiding like the plague as I find them pretty anti-fun, with a Viper. Is there a share code for the tune?

It wasn't me but i remember the conversation in FH4.

Use the FD viper, set the game to manual transmision and stay in 3rd or 4th gear.

Using an automatic in FH4 made it impossible to drift because it would constantly drop down to 1st or 2nd and kill your momentum. it holds the gear a little harder in this game but if you want to 3-star the asphalt drift zones you will probably need to go manual.

I've found the cars are also less likely to snap around in FH5. In a Formula Drift car you are far less likely for the back end to get ahead of you.

The big bois:

Horizon Arcade - Score target now scales based on number of participants
Horizon Arcade - Adjusted completion requirements for some Horizon Arcade events
Fixed issue where beating a record in Rivals and Series Rivals wouldn't provide a new rival in the post-race screen

e: Fixed issue where players could see incorrect points total in Playground Games events when a player left

they knocked me back to 255/263 in the series progress with only 6 points left to earn because of the 2 incompletable dailies a couple seasons ago, meaning i can now never get 100% completion. loving gently caress.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Please make it so I can change and save my horn for each car!!!!! Thank you!!!!

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

I finally saved up enough to buy the teleport house. So I open the map to buy it and as a final gently caress you I have to drive there to buy it 😑

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Qmass posted:

the righteous know

TOUGE BATTLE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You still can't see the other duders doing horizon arcade but the numbers are actually achievable.

The "complete round 3 in X arcade events in Y time" accolades still don't activate.

My impossible Gatecrash time is still there

e: just did a few arcades, now they're almost TOO easy. did each in 4 minutes.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 3, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Twisc posted:

it's a real shame the leaderboards are so trashed with cheaters/bugs atm. the fastest legit laps are often slotting in around #20-60 globally, and a top 250 rivals time is usually a top 50-100

makes it pretty annoying to judge how i'm actually stacking up

I do not understand why they don't go in there and clean that poo poo up. It would literally take like an afternoon to remove every impossible time from every track, really should happen every week.

I got my boosters and a flu shot yesterday and I was way too out of it to race properly unfortunately

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Play posted:

I do not understand why they don't go in there and clean that poo poo up. It would literally take like an afternoon to remove every impossible time from every track, really should happen every week.

I got my boosters and a flu shot yesterday and I was way too out of it to race properly unfortunately

It's not even hard to figure out who are the cheaters.

Just search Powershift in the leaderboards and delete every time faster than it.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I suspect they'll try pretty soon. Reading those patch notes I'm guessing a lot of the cheated times are all related to the exploit section on the patch notes:

"Fixed an issue where players could tune their car to a higher class vehicle before starting a race

Fixed an issue where times from Blueprint events could be erroneously posted to the leaderboard for the race at that location

Fixed an issue where players were able to post to Rivals and PR Stunt leaderboards when using modified game speed settings"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Powershift posted:

e: just did a few arcades, now they're almost TOO easy. did each in 4 minutes.

Good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Powershift posted:

It's not even hard to figure out who are the cheaters.

Just search Powershift in the leaderboards and delete every time faster than it.

lol. but your first statement is correct, it really isn't that hard. there are times that are possible and ones that are clearly impossible and usually the difference between the two is pretty extreme

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe they could direct their AI that does a perfect job eliminating offensive liveries to make a determination that sub-1 second lap times might be fraudulent.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also Im hoping they just wipe the leaderboards at this point (or flag every run made before a certain date, etc). I really just want to know where I stand overall and thats impossible with how much trash is polluting the top.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
The most "sorry, not sure what we were thinking" patch note

quote:

Horizon Open - Removed S2 Cross Country races from rotation

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Play posted:

Honestly it would be better to just reset them completely at this point. Maybe even just reset them every month when the seasons roll over. I'm not super interested in seeing the time from someone who hasn't logged in for six months, but having a new battle over the leaderboards each month sounds cool and good to me!

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

speaking of which the monthly rivals should be more like weekly imo

i really like being on a completely equal car and fighting just for time but there's not nearly enough of it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

typhy posted:

speaking of which the monthly rivals should be more like weekly imo

i really like being on a completely equal car and fighting just for time but there's not nearly enough of it

It would actually be cool to have a separate category where you get to use the exact car/tune that the rival who set the time used

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The upcoming car pass cars are shown in the car pass calendar now and the Espada is the only thing that remotely excites me.

half of them already have nearly identical in-game cars. I don't think anybody was asking for a THIRD Audi TT

At least we're getting the Peels back next season

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

How the heck do I create an Event Blueprint

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GolfHole posted:

How the heck do I create an Event Blueprint

blueprint on existing track: go into the start of a race event on the map, and instead of selecting the horizon blueprint, move one square left to "create a blueprint"

to do the wild poo poo with ramps and stuff, go to creative hub in the pause menu, then Super 7, then create challenge card

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

To do the wild poo poo, wait until they have a load/edit feature lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Powershift posted:

blueprint on existing track: go into the start of a race event on the map, and instead of selecting the horizon blueprint, move one square left to "create a blueprint"

to do the wild poo poo with ramps and stuff, go to creative hub in the pause menu, then Super 7, then create challenge card

Ooo there it is, thank you!

Control Volume posted:

To do the wild poo poo, wait until they have a load/edit feature lol

I made a couple and people seemed to like them but then they stopped getting hits, so I guess the server pruned me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Powershift posted:

You can do wild poo poo with ramps and stuff in the normal blueprint races (non super 7) as well, you add props the same way.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GolfHole posted:

Ooo there it is, thank you!

I made a couple and people seemed to like them but then they stopped getting hits, so I guess the server pruned me.

Have you tried naming your event 10,000,000 CREDITS AND 250,000 XP IN 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

e: they hosed something up real bad. I've had 1 hard crash and had to manually restart 3 times because it stopped accepting controller input after leaving the festival or an event

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 3, 2021

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Powershift posted:

The "complete round 3 in X arcade events in Y time" accolades still don't activate.

I got Double Time (2 events in 30 minutes) to work; I'm guessing they work like all the other timed accolades and reset if you fast travel during them. Which, uh, seems unfun for the 10 events in 5 hours one.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I got my first Horizon Arcade win this morning, an easy Drift set with one other player that we finished in about five minutes total, most of it driving to the last destination.

I don't see this in the patch notes, but I noticed that since updating, the game remembers from session to session that I turned my radio off, instead of setting it to Horizon Pulse every time I sign in. I wonder if it remembers your last-tuned station, too.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

WhiteHowler posted:

I got my first Horizon Arcade win this morning, an easy Drift set with one other player that we finished in about five minutes total, most of it driving to the last destination.

I don't see this in the patch notes, but I noticed that since updating, the game remembers from session to session that I turned my radio off, instead of setting it to Horizon Pulse every time I sign in. I wonder if it remembers your last-tuned station, too.

The radio off thing is in the patch notes: "Fixed an issue where the radio could be turned back on after turning it off"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ixnay posted:

The radio off thing is in the patch notes: "Fixed an issue where the radio could be turned back on after turning it off"

RIP

DnHMaster
Jan 9, 2007

Smell The Glove
Fun Shoe

quote:

Horizon Open - Removed The Goliath from pool to prevent long wait for race completion

Although they are not as long, I'm surprised they kept the Titan and others in the track pool.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Something is happening where the game chugs right after you get into freeroam.

It used to be really smooth but now it lags for a second or two.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Horizon Arcade is stupid easy to solo right now. I would bank FP while you can.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Max Peck posted:

I got Double Time (2 events in 30 minutes) to work; I'm guessing they work like all the other timed accolades and reset if you fast travel during them. Which, uh, seems unfun for the 10 events in 5 hours one.

this is it, seems you can't even switch cars?

I'm still going for it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

c355n4 posted:

Horizon Arcade is stupid easy to solo right now. I would bank FP while you can.

drift runs are STUPID easy.

Literally score 250k points, do 15 skills, score 250k points. not even 3 minutes long.

Limit breakers are still fuckupable if you have people who join and then sit

GolfHole posted:

sometimes it never stops chugging.

Also, twice now the game went into endless saving after modifying a car.

they have broken something in the autosave system

e: instead of adding a drag racing tree to the game, they removed them from the opening cinematic, the cheeky buggers

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 3, 2021

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

When does the game auto save? Like should I not buy a car or whatever then quit to desktop right after?

Also I ran into the game chugging/performance degradation before the patch. It seemed to happen to me after playing for awhile. Restarting the game when it happens has been my “solution”. Also turning down some of the setting that eat VRAM because I’m running a 3060ti at 1440p 144 fps.

dangling pointer fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 3, 2021

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

AirRaid posted:

Been going through all the events setting clean rivals times to clear the accolades.

Did the collosus.

https://i.imgur.com/3mWBTxq.mp4

:negative:

Hey there attempted Collosus clean time failure buddy. I did this exact same thing yesterday at the exact same spot, and in A class no less. If I can get past the half-way mark on the track the back-half isn't bad at all for keeping clean, but the front half of the track they put extended hard-rails on every corner so you literally can't push it and go a little off-road on any corners. I think I spent 4 hours last night trying before I finally gave up. They need statistics on how many times a race has been restarted halfway through, because I think if that were a leaderboard my Colossus attempts would put me at the top.

Gonna go try again tonight. Gonna get this or by god I don't know what I'm going to do.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Half-wit posted:

Gonna go try again tonight. Gonna get this or by god I don't know what I'm going to do.

drive fast or cry trying

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Half-wit posted:

Hey there attempted Collosus clean time failure buddy. I did this exact same thing yesterday at the exact same spot, and in A class no less. If I can get past the half-way mark on the track the back-half isn't bad at all for keeping clean, but the front half of the track they put extended hard-rails on every corner so you literally can't push it and go a little off-road on any corners. I think I spent 4 hours last night trying before I finally gave up. They need statistics on how many times a race has been restarted halfway through, because I think if that were a leaderboard my Colossus attempts would put me at the top.

This is my first forza game but here’s a pro tip: it’s easier to post clean laps if you lean into the turns irl. Then get increasingly tense the closer you are to the end.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I thought I read, I have no clue where now, that they were going to go in and prune the cheaters from the leaderboards. Wish I could find it.

e: I guess this was it

"We’re also aware of players using game speed modifiers to boost their scores for PR Stunts and are looking to prevent and remove these impossibly high scores."

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 3, 2021

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

GolfHole posted:

Not just that, alas. For me at least, the game has kind of gotten more janky with the latest patch :smith: Game locked when I bought a house earlier. And just now locked when I picked up a gift car (on this one, I think I lost the gift car :smith: To the person who gifted me a car I didn't have, I thank you, but it was apparently not to be).

Edit: And then the game... loaded me into a car I didn't select? Go home, Forza, you're drunk.

magimix fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 3, 2021

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

drat, that super wheelspin gift was nice. Got the Mercedes FE and a Trueno. Gonna save that last one and sell it for bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

I thought I read, I have no clue where now, that they were going to go in and prune the cheaters from the leaderboards. Wish I could find it.

e: I guess this was it

"We’re also aware of players using game speed modifiers to boost their scores for PR Stunts and are looking to prevent and remove these impossibly high scores."

They also acknowledged the bug that a time set in a blueprint event starting from a race start sometimes registers as a rivals time for the stock pi class of the car. they still haven't removed the times caused by this bug.

This was likely responsible for most of the false times.