Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I had my first track day experience this week and so now I'm thoroughly convinced on getting a wheel + pedals setup to play Forza with.

What is the recommended set up for Xbone these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

If I go and buy this from a retailer, does anyone know if the install comes on the disk or will I still end up having to do a full 100GB download anyway?

My internet is pretty lovely, so I'd rather not have to wait for a full day for it to download at home if I can avoid it.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Super.

Guess I might just bring my Xbox into work at the weekend at bum off the company internet for this one.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Picked this up on the gamer pass trial, can't wait to embrace the car culture of my homeland by amassing the greatest collection of poo poo boxes and heavily financed M5s / Range Rovers known to man :britain:

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I haven't seen this posted yet, but here is a quick reference of all of FE cars in the game:

Clean Skills Boost:
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan (VIP Bonus, Wheelspin)
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed (08/28/18 Forzathon, Wheelspin)
2010 Pagani Zonda R (VIP Bonus)
2010 Renault Clio R.S. (Wheelspin)

Credits Boost:
2008 Lamborghini Reventσn (1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 - 44 Skill Points needed)
2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (Wheelspin)

Destruction Skills Boost:
2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept (VIP Bonus, Wheelspin)
2015 Alumi Craft Class 10 Race Car (Wheelspin)
1972 Land Rover Series III (VIP Bonus, Wheelspin)

Drift Skills Boost:
2013 BMW M6 Coupe (Wheelspin)
2013 Caterham Superlight R500 (Wheelspin)
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series (1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe - 34 Skill Points needed)

Event Influence Boost:
2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (Wheelspin)
1995 Nissan Nismo GT-R LM (1998 Nissan R390 - 39 Skill Points needed)
1988 BMW M5 (Wheelspin)

Skills Boost:
1984 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (09/02/18 Forzathon, Wheelspin)
1980 Renault 5 Turbo (Wheelspin)
1973 Ford Capri RS3100 (HOW?)

Speed Skills Boost:
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (Wheelspin)
2011 Ford Transit Supersportvan (VIP Bonus, Wheelspin)
2005 TVR Sagaris (2005 TVR Sagaris - 110 Skill Points needed)
2004 Maserati MC12 (1957 Maserati 300 S - ?? Skill Points needed)
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT- **** (Wheelspin)
1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396 (Wheelspin)
1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe (Wheelspin)

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Also I think I kind of spoiled the "Story" part of the game for myself. I've been watching a 24/7 mixer stream for the free influence since I got the game, and so by the time I had made the Horizon roster I was already level 70 through Mixer Influence alone which meant all of the showcases and other bits unlocked.

I knocked out the showcases thinking there would be a few more but welp I guess this game is car pokemon / random race / task simulator now. Not that its a bad thing, game is bloody great.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

As ever, trying to figure out what would be better to run for Goliath style races - Credit Boost or Skills Boost as you're bound to rack up a load of clean racing / hard charger / over take bonuses as long as you can keep it out of the trees for the inevitable wheel spins post-race.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Just buy the Huntsmen Lodge which unlocks skill songs, get the Land Rover HE and put a podcast on. Stop each time you get to 83.3k x 6 to max out the skill points. Took me about 30 minutes?

Also that Spitefire AH is a neat trick. Are there any other cars like that I should be looking out for? Or cars in general worth flipping?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

So far as far as I know, its only the world fastest that gives you an income and the only way to increase it is to 3* each of the events in that series.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Yep, https://mixer.com/Ponomar runs 24/7 and I just leave it running and pick up the level up wheelspins every morning.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

The only thing I'd say is that Influence is tied to what little game progression there is, and so from the time I'd started watching Ponomar's stream to the time I got round to completing the prologue I had amassed something like 1.2m influence so when dumped into the main game it promptly unlocked everything (all the showcases, La Racer, Worlds Fastest etc) so I guess it did spoil things a little for me as aside from car/house/bonus board pokemon there isn't anything to really work towards.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I've got to the point in the game where everything is nearly complete and all thats left are drift zones and I just want to die.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Question!

I'm entirely bored of the FH4 soundtrack so I've started using the Xbox spotify app in game. I have the radio off so when I'm driving / racing its fine, but is there anyway to mute the pre/post race music? Its barely audible but just enough to be annoying.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I basically only do Off Road and Cross Country races during winter, and now that I finished all of those I am just grinding for skill points around the airport. Gotta afford that 15mil Castle somehow...

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

What is everyone's preferred class for racing against the CPU? I thought I'd break out the X Class Senna for some of the road races, but every now and then I'll get overtaken like I'm stood still by a Ford Focus of all cars and I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

You can just use Anna and select the option "I want to race" which should set your GPS to the next uncompleted race event. I'm not sure if that works for regular racing AND the street series or not, though.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Woo! New patch: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012245634-FH4-Release-Notes-November-20th-2018

Also news on the upcoming DLC:

– New Horizon story Drift Club 2.0

– There is a mountain with a paved road that winds around it

– There will be 2 seperate "Goliaths," one strictly paved and one multi-surface

– There is length of narrow rocky road that is only 8 ft wide and cliffs on both sides

– Beaches will have explorable caves great for cross country

– There will be small areas accesible off shore

– Online adventure getting completely revamped, but they are taking there time with it to make sure its done right

– Paintable brake calipers in future update

– All I can recall off the top of my head

– Future in game championships will be based off user created routes, contests being held to be featured in game

– Seasons will be part of Fortune Island

– Treasure hunt prizes will include exclusive cars and large cash prizes

– Route Creator will be usable on Fortune Island

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Carecat posted:

Is there a good way to make money in Horizon? Grind skill points to get wheelspins and pray for cash? Hope for legendary cars and auction?

The main grinding method is a variation of driving a custom blueprint race that is basically laps of the highway which nets about 1mil/hr but the main benefit is that it should net you a large number of skill points.

You can then use the cash to buy a Porche (I forget which one) for 150k cr, that has a perk that gives you 300k cr and a wheelspin for 20 skill points total. Rinse and repeat.

The other side shortcut to this is skipping the first part if you have over 150k cr, and just taking a skills/drift boost FE car to the airport and grind out skill points.

E: Here is a happy German guy to explain the above in proper detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9RrpRMbFU

Zip! fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 21, 2018

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Horizon 3 good, also feels like there is a lot more to do offline in terms of races and championships but that may be me misremembering.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

DLC Initial Trip Report: Pretty good.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Dennis McClaren posted:

I just bought an Xbox one S even though I have a PS4 and will only use the Xbox for one game - Forza. I bought the Forza Horizon 4 edition, which came with the game. I absolutely love it and I haven't put it down all day.

But I'm confused - are Forza Motorsport 7, and Forza Horizon 4, two different games? What's the difference?

This didn't get answered on the last page – FM7 is the Gran Turisomo equivalent for Xbox with more realistic physics and the races are all tracked based compared to Horizon which is more of an open world arcade sandbox similar to Midnight Club / The Crew etc.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Yeah the default for me after the first two weeks of having the game has been various spotify playlists, or just cruising around listening to Podcasts.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Ruffian Price posted:

It's bullshit that Fortune Island has so much new VA content recorded for the radio stations and yet there are no new songs. What the hell.

Did they? When I played through it all in a few days after release, it only seemed like Horizon Pulse had any new VA content. All the others seemed to maintain their base game lines. Have I missed something?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I got the DLC pass when Fortune Island came out, the lego expansion is fun but its a bit of a shame there are only 3 lego cars at the moment and when you do the races the AI all use real-world cars unless you blueprint it.

Also, I was so excited to build my lego house :/

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Thats a shame. Given that some of the tasks are "get from A to B in a B class car in X seconds" I was really hoping for a few more Lego cars to fill out the class system.

I hate to talk about *~MY IMERSION~* in a Lego Car video game expansion pack but using real world cars just doesn't feel right to me.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I guess I'm the one with the wrong opinion then, because I really like the Ken Block style paint jobs with the dark grey/black dazzle camo.

It does, however, look silly on any car from the 80s that isn't a Mini Cooper.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Quick question - is it possible to transfer your save from the XB1 version to the XB S/X version of the game?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

FH4 is a fantastic game, that looks absolutely stunning on the XBsX.

The only real knock I have on it is that despite the map being bigger than previous games, the terrain is all a bit samey making it feel smaller than it is so I'm excited to see what FH5 does in that regard.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

One of my favourite things to do in any new Forza game is to take a tail-happy group B style car down every road in the game whilst checking out the new soundtrack. This map is going to take days and I cannot wait.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I would prefer better racing AI that actually sets up (and goes for) overtakes and also tries to defend track position.

It feels on FH4 at least that the other cars are essentially mobile chicanes and changing the AI difficulty doesn't make them better drivers, it just fucks with the rubber banding and boosts their performance.

I've been spending some time playing the F1 2021 and whilst it is in no way a perfect game, it shocked me just how much better the actual racing was.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Jumped back into FH4 yesterday and immediately found something minor that I hope they've fixed for FH5 – when I change cars, I hate that all of the driveatars are all then in cars of a similar category.

I know its ~My ImErSiOn~ but it would be good to see some minis tootling around when I'm in a Senna and vice versa.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

No mini?! Preorder canceled.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I enjoyed the lego DLC more than I did Fortune Island (not that its bad). I do wish there were more lego cars than the 3 we got though.

I also disliked that in free roam you would have regular cars driving around - give me lego only!

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

The Peel is the overall series reward is it not? Otherwise, good luck completing the evolving world accolade for getting a 5k skill score at the ice rink in one.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

T1g4h posted:

Speaking of Bentleys, hope everyone is ready to drop 4 million on the Bentley Blower this Thursday to complete the weekly :v:

I would bet that its going to be available in the Forzathon shop but if not then loving lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Incessant Excess posted:

It's not in the forzathon shop.

lmao – they have to be trolling the player base at this point. After all of the poo poo about not being able to complete the series achievement due to bugs locking out certain challenges, now you can complete everything but its going to cost you 4 million credits.

Some real monkeys paw poo poo – I'm in awe haha.