Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for taking this thread on and putting real effort into it.

For me, I've been chatting with GutBomb about it as I was considering building a PC for 7. After talking to GB, I have decided this is my plan (it's VERY Fausty):

Gonna pre-order 7, whatever the most expensive digital edition is with all the passes and DLC stuff.

Gonna play it on my XboneS until the XBonx comes out and then, yes, I intend to source and buy an XBonx so I can hook it up to my 4K Sony TV (which supports HDR as well). Do I want to throw another $500+ at another Xbox? gently caress no. But will I do it?
Of course I will. If it means I can play FM7 in 4K + HDR then I think you folks already know I'm already planning for it.

Maybe I'll finally put Ether Frenzy's great Thrustmaster TX wheel to use but, lazy me, I'll probably just keep using controllers now that the feedback is so good.

Amazon has trade-in $ for my Battlefield XBoneS but I'll probably opt to keep it as a backup since it's currently my only way to watch my few 4K BluRays, so if (when) MS screws me with an XBonx that fails just outside of warranty I can still watch my 4K BluRays while I fume over MS refusing to fix my XBonx because it's 1 day out of warranty like they did with my original XBone that I bought to early adopt FM5.

The loss of Toyota, that hurts, guys. It hurts a lot. The stock Supras were my go-to starter cars going back to GT, except when I picked a Miata instead. I'm gonna be very saddened unless they can work out a deal with Toyota.

I've been playing league races the last few nights just to get my little bit of groove back. Got stuck playing 'Ring full in C class and loved (most of) it. Yeah, I still love FM and I can't wait to see FM7 in 4K with Maple Valley and all the other cool stuff. I hope they got the penalty system at least close to good (but as an FM5 early adopter I am used to waiting for improvements to come.) I use Bumper-cam and am just reminded that the arrows around my car help me give room to other thoughtful racers on the track.

My experience with FM6 leagues this week has shown the racers are NOT wreckers and they don't retaliate to a little accidental rubbing. I think they are hard-core racing fans. It's been honestly fun as hell, even with collisions on.

So I have high hopes for FM7 and if there's even a chance I can join you guys for races later this year I hope you'll have me. Work is going to be bad for weeknights (Tues-Sat) but folks with late Saturday, all-day Sunday and Monday availability I can't wait to race.

I hope the Howdy Tears vinyl will be available soon (I can't recreate it myself, so I'll be on pins-and-needles.)

I'm looking forward to this release so much more than FH3 and I love FH3.

Thanks, Molgandhi, for the great first post. Are you planning to adopt right away or will we have to wait for ya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WienerDog posted:

I will be online for early access!
poo poo yeah! Maybe if I can work my skill level up we can battle like we used to before you got really fast. :(

Also: Ma(burp)ple loving Valleeeee, Morty!!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I love all versions of Prague. Fun note is racing over the bridge with surround sound up... the statues on the bridge whizz by and it sounds cool as hell, and the narrow bit, as mentioned, is amazing when you nail it just right. It's also just got a very interesting and cool visual design.

I'd race Yaz all week before I'd waste another lap on CoTA, gently caress I thought I haated Yaz but CoTA is just the worst. There's no flow to it. Does anyone like it? What's good about it? At least Yaz North Corkscrew is pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing Dubai but mostly, you know, MAPLE RIIIIICK!

Falken posted:

Maple Valley time. All day long, forever. All a hundred days. Maple Valley forever 100 times. Over and over, maplevalleyadventures.com. All 100 years. Every minute, maplevalley.com.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I'm hyped. Next weekend is my birthday. The weekend after is FM7 because i just ordered Ultimate

FORZA RIIIIICK!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
O THAT'S Mugello! Been so long since I have seen it I'd forgotten how awesome it (and its variants) are! gently caress having to drive it in that truck.

Add one more track that I am totally stoked for.

I cannot comment on Dubai (except it has some neat scenery) because I hate that Porsche (with assists off).

Ok. Ready to start my career. I've been working out in the leagues/hoppers in FM6 for the last two weeks getting my poo poo together.

gently caress the loss of Toyota, though; that stings.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I got charged for my Ultimate Edition so that's... progress?

I'm going to be working my loving rear end off because the only 2nd-shift guy is going on vacation this whole upcoming week, so I get to do my job and his, too.

Still, I hope there's a way I can get back into weekly races or if not that then at least weekend (Sunday/Monday) lobbies.

(I have been contacted by a recruiter and may have - probably won't but MAY have - a new job opportunity in the next months. Nights might become an option and I want to be there for it.)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Gutbomb and I did stop-watch tests to see if Forza launched a race faster on internal HDD or external SSD. Back then, he had SSD and it launched in just about 1/2 time time; so I bought SSD, too.

In preparation for F7 I've moved 1/2 my storage back to Internal. I cleared about 250GB for FM7 and add-ons.

Logging in now to see if anything downloads, then off to bed.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

Pfffft, you wanted this!
He did. He protested too much. Welcome aboard!

According to my Xbone I'm fully pre-loaded. Bummed I have to work Fri-Sat.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
67 GB Update! YAY!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just did the math on my current update download. At this rate, I'll be ready to launch in just about four hours.

Sooooo... unless download speeds jump back up to where they began, no Forza for me tonight.

Tomorrow night, after work, about 10:30pm, it's on. For a few hours until I have to go to bed for work on Saturday, after which I'm wide open until late late late Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Disappointed, but not surprised; and not nearly as disappointed as those who are not even able to get installed (sorry to you guys, that sucks more.) :(

I'll look forward to trying to keep one eye on this thread at work tomorrow but it's crazy busy with all the hurricane relief shipments and my dispatcher on vacation and yada yada.

Maple Valley will still be there, and judging by the YouTube video it looks worth the wait.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It let me in to play at 27% so I got some stuff done. Uploaded my vinyls, took the Chevy on Maple Valley (love) and I am *very* pleased to report replays are *in* so races can be preserved.

Feels weird being way back at the beginning of a Motorsport game, but over the weeks and months the cars, the vinyls, the tunes, the money, the rivals and leaderboards, they will come. Yes.

One or two more little races them bedtime. I swear.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
What's this BS about VIP only working for 25 races??!

Anyway, as mentioned before, replays are a thing so that's good.

I had to wait for the game to finish uploading updating to get my Tier10 reward driver gear. It's all pretty lame but... ok.
When I went to bed it still had like 25GB to go, but it was finished when I got up. So I am glad that's over.

I don't know what the purple grenade badge means, but it seemed meant to be for SA so....

Time to go to work. :(

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 29, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Since no one has mentioned it, does that mean car clubs are not in FM7?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I seem to recall "early access" meaning "beta test for Turn 10," so none of this surprises me.

What does surprise me is this restriction on VIP. I have paid for VIP to reduce the grind. Now I have to, what? Save up my VIP mods and stack them strategically for long-rear end grindy races until the poo poo runs out? gently caress you.

I was at least pleased to be able to get my vinyls uploaded so early. I had three downloads when I got up today for work.

Another glitch I had was the game locking up as I was downloading my free cars into my garage, but that could have been because I was also downloading a big patch at the time.

The menus are confusing me a little, I've managed to set up some good free play races but getting to the track selection was weird at first. I haven't tried any tuning. The vinyl placement wouldn't let me center or place things correctly on the F&F AMG.

And I also noticed the #1 car running away on everyone in some races as L_Harrison mentioned, forcing me to drive like an utter dizzle at times.

I expect more rivals and leagues and hoppers will pop up after wide release, but what about car clubs? Anyone?

(Sorry I'm behind the thread, I'm work-postin'.)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just ordered a PC chat headset (noise-cancelling, mono, adjustable, USB) for chatting with Goons in race, especially PC-Master-RACE Gunes.

I'm content to use my XBox headset but if people are having trouble I'd like to be able to join everyone on Discord and the way my PC is set up right now I don't have a suitable headset, so this will solve that problem. I paid for overnight shipping so I can have it this weekend and iron out the kinks before wide release. Basically I'll be playing on my XBone and using my Home Theater for the race sounds (I turn off all music) and then use the PC/Discord/headset for hopefully trouble-free chat (although I'll miss out on the Xbox-only chat people, so I hope you're all getting set up for Discord, too.)

I can find other uses for this thing but it's really just for this. And, I guess, I'll start using skype with the two people I know who are constantly loving bugging me to skype with them. If, that is, I'm not too busy racing (or will it be more like grinding now?)

Anyway it's not the best use of $50 I could think of but if Xbone and PC users are having chat issues that's a problem for me, because there are certain very cool folks in this thread who are PC guys and I want to race with them and chat (even though talking distracts me.)

I seriously hope this whole "game economy" thing gets worked out better because I honestly wish I could just start over and make lots of different "prize chest" choices. I haven't started the campaign, so I'll listen here for advice on the best way to do that for max cool car-age.

Getting ready to jump on. I wish I had a full garage of cars but ya gotta start somewhere.

E: BTW, what *is* the best way to start the campaign mode for max car-coolage? Like, if they give you a free car, what cars can you get and how do you get them? Do you only get one chance? I read the post about starting something, backing out, and starting something else. Can I get some details before I gently caress that up, too, please?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 30, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Where is the racing and how do I join?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I raced some hoppers last night (wow, talk about vindictive, strategic ramming... I was in a corner on Silverstone and this guy plowed me into the tires for my position. I watched him on the map and on the last lap he and another driver were jousting, and they took each other out, giving me back two places... lol) and I will reluctantly admit that I am getting used to racing in the rain. Stay out of the puddles and drive like you're on cheap tires and you're probably fine.

What's really making me sad are the payouts. I don't like equipping mod cards (I barely used them in FM6) and as has been mentioned I'm already getting tired of buying cars and then racing them for a pittance. I did ok in the homologated lobbies last night and the money was not good.

The ONE THING I don't want this game to be is grindy, and these motherfuckers... am I really going to have to resort to single-player campaign? I hate that poo poo. Is it worth the money?

I'm taking off from work early. I got my headset this morning. I'll be available on discord if you guys will show me how to use it. I have an account as Captain Howdy. Do I stay in #general or are people using the newer discord from earlier in the thread?

I want to race and make money and my garage is pitiful.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This is cheap, lame, stupid, and weak.
That is why as soon as I walk my dog I am going to go do this a bunch of times because I am most, if not all, of those things and I NEED FORZABUCKS.

Mostly I will do it because a) it's easy and b) gently caress Turn10 for messing with VIP. Seriously. That poo poo is not cool. I spent $108 on this loving game let me play it the way I want to.

(also known as, "Turn10, you used to be cool!)

E: Also my new mic is installed and appears to be working. I'm idling in the discord so if any goon races pop up later tonight please give Howdy a call. I'm on XBox so I have to choose between XBone chat and discord, but I'd much rather use discord with you PC guys if it works better. I bought the mic headset just for this. Goon racin'.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

I'm getting frustrated with this game. I can see that deep down, there is a Forza game in here that I really like. But then it's clouded by all this bullshit. Unless we get more VIP loot boxes once a week or once a month or something, I'm a bit pissed about how lovely VIP is. Especially since you don't really get anything useful from it. 25 credit boosted races and some lovely cars I'll never use except to cheat credits or experience. I'm not super pissed about microtransactions, because it seems like the hidden cars will eventually be specialty sales or something. I am pissed that the menus for some reason run like garbage. Over half a second of lag after inputs while trying to pick cars. It takes a second for the cars to load in in the car menu, even on the xbone. I keep having sound glitches. Where the sound either cuts out, or the engine sound from the last gear keeps playing after shifting. The master volume slider doesn't seem to do anything. Sometimes the entire track just disappears.

The drivatars are frustrating to deal with. They randomly swap between being so bad that I sail out in first place, not seeing other cars, or being so good that I finish a race somewhere between 5th and 12th. That's not with changing the difficulty, it's been set to pro since I loaded up the game. It doesn't even seem to be an AI anymore. In Forza 6, it at least had the illusion that the cars were taking on the qualities of my friends' driving style. In Forza 7, all the cars just drive in a line. If I'm in the middle of the back, the AI splits into two groups, a group in front, and a group in back. They all drive identical lines. The last car in the front group drops back a couple seconds. When I catch up and pass this car, it falls into the rear group and they all just sit patiently behind me like a giant train. Then the new last car in the front group once again drops back a couple seconds. Repeat for each car until I get to the front. The cars behind me never drop back, they all just drive patiently in a line. I noticed this while doing at 30 lap 60s F1 race until the game crashed to desktop on lap 12.

I really want to just buy up all the cars I like, upgrade them, throw on some funny liveries and then race with my friends, but all this new bullshit is standing in my way. I'm on the verge of asking for a refund because they really hosed up what could be the best Forza ever.
After living through the immense disappointment that was FM5, I want to say that it's just too early for this level of pessimism, except the way the game is now, I don't disagree.

Those of us who suffered through the FM5/XBone launch saw the game actually mature, add features, and improve every month. Now, I cannot say that there's the same mitigating factor in FM7 (but maybe it's worse: porting the game to Xbone, XboneX, and PC? Maybe that's a serious drain on resources?) but I'm going to do what I did with FM5 which actually became a good version of FM, if anemic, followed by FM6 which (on XBone) was fantastic and only got better and better; I realize we're pre-wide-release and in the past the devs have heard and responded (sometimes) positively to the base.

I dunno why I am posting this, I just want to say please let's chill and remember the early access isn't the finished product, even though it should be.
If the base pushes back hard enough, maybe we can get some concessions. I will give a concrete example: We raised hell about missing tracks and other features in FM5, and we got free DLC tracks that were, simply-put, gorgeous and great. Yeah we got some BS too, but it could have been way worse.

FM6 was a huge step in the right direction.

FM7 has all the driving, but the "economy" part is currently looking very very hosed. I believe the fan base can, if not reverse this, at least mitigate it. I'm an optimist because I took those chances on F5 and 6 and no, they did NOT pay off right away; but there was a time even never-Xboners from SA were finally ready to race FM6. That's because FM6 evolved to be really, very good. Good times were had (so I am told.)

FM7 is looking like a slap in the face to Forza Vets and people who paid $108 for Ultimate. I feel that myself and I get it. I am merely trying to remind people that the previous two games got better and (sometimes worse yes, I know) but it's not all doom and gloom on the third day after early-access launch.

I agree about the menus and the locked cars and the crates and the lovely credit/XP rewards for not doing terrible 24 car 30-minute races or waiting for Forza Hub Rewards and much of the other bad poo poo (and that's speaking as an XBone-S user for whom the game mostly works.) I'm *really* not liking the changes to VIP.

Instead I am saying, let's see how we goons can make this fun with the tools we have and look forward (hopefully) to steps forward in the evolution of this version of FM. I really do think it will get better because FM posters do not gently caress around. Turn10 will hear them even iv MicroSoft tries to hold a line.

Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a rant or meltdown (was it nice?) I just wanted to accentuate history and the positive things that have actually come from horrible FM releases.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I think the problem is, Forza had a track record of doing things a certain way (with the exception of FM5, which as you said they ended up fixing). They marketed FM7 just like they marketed the previous games. They showed the same in-game stuff at places like E3 and Gamescom. And then, when we got the game, we're surprised by things that are off. VIP doesn't work the same as it always has. Lootcrates. Cars locked behind game progression/lootcrates.

If they had been open and honest about what they were bringing to the game, they would have had 1-2 years to gauge and react to fan criticism. People would have been more well-informed about the product they were buying. No one's happy when they have expectations based on past experiences and current marketing and they get something different.

As it stands, they've got lots of their most devoted fans, who spent $100+, complaining all over the internet and getting refunds. Maybe they'll change things going forward, but the game is built around limiting the amount of credits you can earn and selling lootcrates, and it's hard to patch away the foundation of a product.
Actually W3, I agree with this post word-for-word. It's the big switch on FM7 that's throwing us off.

The ONLY silver-lining I have to offer is this: They messed up before and tried to make up for it. Perhaps they will again. The game is still in early-release. That is all.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That and it only takes about 40 seconds to do it, and restart it.

Had an awesome time racing in the Hot Hatch hopper with OOfresh all morning. Pubbies are loving DICKS but we didn't care, we just hung in there. I made a lot of money then promptly spent $100k on a reward Lancia Stratos (seemed like the right thing to do) so I have a little over $300k and I'm considering buying a crate with it. Then I guess I'll rack up some $$ with the Ram/Test track before I get back into the hoppers.

Good mornin' everybody! It's my Saturday! Whoop whoop!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
140 lucky suit crates.

140 lucky suit crates.

140 lucky suit crates.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

financially racist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70ip5jd-GM

look i just really want the diver suit, plus it's trivial to do the exploit while doing homework/lab reports. besides it's giving me an opportunity to be a guinea pig so you all don't have to waste your time finding out how worthless the lucky crates are!
I'll grant ya that, it is trivial. You can bang 'em out like crazy. I just get too bored to do it for more than 15 minutes at a time. I want that $440k Skyline but drat.

Note: I haven't started the SP Campaign yet.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Simiain posted:

Just got a 'gift' of 1,000,000 credits and three fancy cars......Turn 10 damage control?

Not gonnae complain too much, but it reminds of time I invited some guy into my realm on Fable 2 and they threw fancy weapons and money at me, ruining my game.
Same here.

I also saw that DAShoe had uploaded the CHTears vinyl and I am complete, no matter what I have to do, until FH4 hits.

Thank you, DAShoe.

Kilonum posted:

Some good racing tonight with Bentrron, Howdy, TaterSaladSauce (dunno goon name) and myself.

I'm still partial to 4
And thanks much to you as well.

(For newcomers who haven't checked the spreadsheet, I'm gt "Captain Howdy 0." That's a "zero" but even though I regret it I haven't paid to change it.)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 5, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I haven't tuned a car yet. I bought a couple cars homologated for some hoppers and had a good time. I think I even lowered the tire pressure a little and was allowed in. I put a livery on a Mazda 3 for the Hot Hatch hopper and got lots of fun out of that.

I'll miss tuning but I can't wrap my head around the change yet. So far I just feel like I can drive the car or I can't, and so far I haven't had a "can't."

I want to use that mod-card exploit (if it still works) to fill out my garage because it's quite anemic still.

However, I am not posting to talk FM7; instead I want those who have access but didn't know: NBCSportsNetwork is getting ready to air the F1 Japanese Grand Prix live from Suzuka. Race-time is supposedly in 7 minutes. So if that's your thing, find NBCSHD (as it shows on my DTV) and either watch or record it (I'm recording it.)

E: Or stream it if you can: 05:00-ish to start time.

Formation lap has begun @ 01:00 EDT.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 8, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
On my XBone -S I also have run into the game asking me to homologate a car for a hopper that it's already been homologated for, raced in that hopper, and left untouched. I don't know why. Seems like just clicking ok seems to let me in and doesn't cost anything, but it is a weird problem.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

comatose posted:

The clio is king poo poo in the hot hatch lobby. Good thing those new divisions brought all this balance to multiplayer.
This loving pisses me off. I went out of my way to do something different, and made a Mazda 3. It was fun for a few days, then last night we go in there and every other car is a '10 Clio, and they're running away with it. It made me want to leave, so I only stuck around for a little while. I enjoyed that hopper but now I know if I want to go back I might as well make a Clio.

I wanted more diversity and fewer "leaderboard' cars. I hope they can adjust this and improve on it.

I made my Clio in FM5 and I saw several versions of this last night:

(GRC race night: DTM series race, then Hot Hatches: 08/20/2014, where the above Atmus/Gutbomb Ford liveries/rivalry came from.)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's still disappointing to join a "homologated division" lobby with 24 players and have 20 of the cars be the exact same homologated car. Not trying to be controversial.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah but it's also RWD mid-engine in a division of FWD front-engine. Nothing is stopping you from doing a drive train conversion on the others; I kicked rear end in a RWD Civic for one of the FM6 leagues.
Thanks for this info. I hadn't thought about it. I haven't been tuning in FM7 so I need to see if I can figure out the way to homologate my Mazda 3 to fit the spec (or is it already RWD? I dunno, I gotta go look into it.) Still, it's something to think about.

I won't lie, I'm very confused about tuning a car to maximize performance while still passing homologation rules. Are there any guides about this sort of thing? I'm kinda lost and un-moored in FM7 and my garage is still really small and under-utilized.

GutBomb posted:

So I was thinking about starting GRC this Wednesday. Does everyone that's interested in a weekly series have enough cars/credits to start this week?

I was thinking we would do B class crap-cans. D or lower class cars upgraded to the top of B class. 1999 and earlier. Sport tires max. No aero. 20 minutes on Suzuka, 20 minutes on maple valley, and 20 minutes on mugello.

Sound good?
God-speed, GRC. I wish I could come with you, but I doubt I could be in front of my XBone before 10:30 no matter how hard I tried and I know that's outside of the generally-acceptable time-frame. It's just the way things work at my job with the newer responsibilities that have been forced on us.

If there is any chance for a "Group-B" for Sunday/Mondays I could be there for just about anything. Afternoon, evening, late-night.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^ Edit: Do not listen to that man. Fujimi can be absolutely terrifying like a roller-coaster if you use it correctly:

Dreamsicle posted:

Why do so many clamor for Fujimi's return anyway?
Argument:
Premise 1) Fujimi full in stock VW Beetles
Premise 2) Fujimi full in stock Ford Pintos

Going up? O poo poo this is tough. Coming down? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGHHH!

I rest my case.

VV That VV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 9, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

track day bro! posted:

This is what happens in actual racing, so homologation is working well in that respect!
That's great.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Bummed out. Worked a good 30+ minutes on a livery and the Xbone-S just rebooted. All logo placement lost, just like that. I was hoping to go racing but I wanted to bring this car.

Have had no problems with other games on this console, so I'm guessing this is a bug (as has been reported here before.)

I'm not the guy who screams bloody murder at devs who release buggy games but I had put a significant amount of my weekend into this dumb livery and now I have to re-do it (although some parts will be easier the 2nd time.)

Not angry, not ranting, just bummed out.

P.S. - I'm putting GTCC logos on my cars because if I can't join you in races, I will join you in spirit. I hope you GTCC leaders are ok with that. I miss you.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
May I also ask about this?

I've been avoiding FM7 too much because I used to just get a car I wanted, tune it with a formula or calculator (like FM6), and then put a livery on it.
This worked as well as it could for my "skill level" at racing.

The homologation thing had thrown me completely out of my zone and I am still getting cars but I don't know what to do with them to make them brake/corner/accelerate for me like when I used tools to do it.

Please, someone, tell me how to homolgate a car but also customize the parts and tune so it fits homologation but drives in a way I can find comfortable. I know Gutbomb said something about this earlier but I need help.

I've had the game since early adoption but I am paralyzed. How, again, do you upgrade a car to homologation but still tune it to suit the way you drive? I like to reduce weight, increase grip (when posssible), and then add HP for most tracks.

Anyone willing to post or re-post something to help? I spent a lot of money on this game and running hoppers is getting me decent XP (I guess) but I am making NO money.

Please help. Can I use FM6 Tune to help me tune transmissions and such? I've had this game all this time and it's changed (I think) so much I'm lost about building my garage. I'm really bummed out.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bsamu posted:

Great stuff
Thanks. I'm just thrown off by this stuff and I'm on Xbone, not PC. I thought I'd play a poo poo-load of FM7 by now but I've not because the tuning is now foreign to me until I adapt.

I appreciate the help. I'll check out that link.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This post is to you folks who helped me adapt to tuning in FM7:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have only tuned three cars so far (it's time-consuming) but the results are great. They handle the way I like them to, and I even can tune to homologation and still get the stability/grip I want. I've set some decent lap-times in these new tunes, so I'll be using the tools provided from here on. It's a huge relief and it scratches my itch to make all my cars lighter and more agile. Loving it so far.

I'm glad I don't have a huge garage of cars waiting to be tuned, but now each time I add a car I know how to proceed.

Very much appreciated!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
it's really late. I'm jumping into multiplayer. Is there anyone still on?

I'll race with ya but know it's late as hell.

E: I raced and it was ok, but it's pretty much bedtime for me so I'll check back in tomorrow night.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 26, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just placed my order for an Xbox One X, myself. It should arrive just in time for me to have a couple days to play Forza before I also splurge on Star Wars Battlefront II.

Fingers crossed for a really nice experience. I considered trading in my fairly new One S but I'm gonna box it up and set it aside as a backup in case this new console pulls an Xbox on me and starts loving up within the first year, so I can still play 4K BluRays at least.

I need to read up on people's reviews of FM7 on the new Xbox. I've been planning for this for a couple months, but I still don't know what to expect in terms of performance/sharp good looks.

Wish I could join you guys on Wednesdays, especially now that I am having success manually tuning/homologating cars and getting good, solid results (thanks to the goons who helped and posted the link to the online calculator.)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm still butthurt about the unannounced change to the way VIP works (at launch). gently caress VIP cards, gently caress them being limited to 5. We paid extra for VIP and we've always gotten double credits and XP and this new tier poo poo sucks. I can only really play a short time any given night and a bit more on my weekends. I've set single player races to "long" which helps with the collection of forzabucks to fill out my garage, but it means I have to slog through 7-10 laps when I'd prefer to just set the lap count myself. So if i decide to continue a series (like right now, I'm doing this lame Polaris series to almost complete all the "Seeker" races, and I am not looking forward to three more races of that poo poo.
I spent 360k on a legendary loot crate and it was full of crap. Some badges (the badges don't even say what they mean) and some purple cards I didn't want. I sold most of it but goddamn.
They need to tweak this poo poo and reward the customers who ponied up the extra cash.

So, bitching aside, I got my XBox One X today and it needed a 1GB update, which took not long to download but forever to verify and install. Then the new controller didn't want to sync until I hard reset the console. Now I'm waiting for FM7 to finish downloading 30 GB which I am assuming are the 4k assets. Fingers crossed that when I launch it, it doesn't take too long to sync up with my save. Still waiting to see what a 4K game looks like.

O well. 2GB to go until updated.

I think FM7 will be a better game eventually because T10 does seem to listen to the userbase and respond to some requests (though not enough to satisfy everyone.)

I requested Fri/Sat paid time off to install and check out SW: Battlefront II and that was approved today so yay three-day work-week.
I need to start planning to add another/bigger SSD. I want to see what's up with the new Middle Earth title and Elite Dangerous as well, but that'll depend on how good they are. I loved Shadow of Mordor enough to actually finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^ That ^^

I stood by FM during 5, when the console and the game were both released unfinished. I played FM5 tons, as it improved over time. I found F6 to be great.

I had incredibly high hopes for FM7 but I have to be honest with myself: Before this game I never wanted to touch MOD cards (still don't.) I played rivals and Leagues and free play and the way VIP worked the progression was very satisfying.

Now? I avoid MP because it's ridiculous (I'm stuck at work during the best Goon races, the hoppers were full of wrecking crews last time I bothered to try them). SP has been incredibly uneven (with some races being impossible to win and others just laughably easy in the same series) and like others have said I realized I was only doing SP to make forzabucks and level up. I think I was hoping that a large garage would make me want to drive more.
I was buying loot crates for loving MOD cards to make these lifeless races worth the time. Every now and then I'd realize I had built up a lot of cash (for FM7) and decided to buy a "Legendary" crate and got nothing worthwhile, not once. I bought a bunch of 50K crates looking for certain cards that I could stack until I realized that this is not how I have ever enjoyed Forza and I'm not enjoying it now.

It hurts to feel so negative about this game, and I honestly don't know to blame T10 because as far as I know it could just be pressure from MS due to this kind of lovely system spreading through so many big titles (just look at the press Star Wars Batttlefront II has received... I even saw a story about it on the front page of CNN.com.)

But it doesn't matter. All of my gaming time is going into Elite Dangerous and I have no motivation to play FM7, even though I can play it in 4K UHD/60/HDR10. Sure, that's pretty but so what?

I hope they can tweak this game to make it appealing to me again; but I'm not holding my breath.

Look, I'm sorry about all the moaning and groaning. I don't hate the game, either. I just don't think it's compelling or even much fun right now. It is disappointing.