Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Excited to set lap times in 700 cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

well the best Toyota made it

:getin:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

njsykora posted:

Youtube dude I follow has the game and did a custom race there in a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wulpDrtuob0&t=130s

getting kinda hyped to collect cars and set lap times :woop:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

every idiot on Youtube now has Forza 7 and they all put an emphasis on that you should unlock ~rare driver gear~ when you level up

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully Nvidia will release new drivers soon that are catered towards Forza 7

they just did!

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/123936/en-us

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Day one car pack is some fast and furious bullshit with two cars that are new to the game

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Fate_Furious_Car_Pack

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

financially racist posted:

gimme old datsuns and poo poo over lambos any day.

heck yeah

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nice to see zero improvements with Windows Store since the FH3 release

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

can't belieb they didn't include the Pontiac Aztek

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

drat

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

or better yet the old nissan skyline silhouette from gran turismo 2, aka the raddest car ever

holy poo poo

im not gonna disagree

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

wait so a bunch of cars in the game are only available through loot boxes, which cost a bunch of money and you have no control over what is in them. so if you want a ferrari 250gto you gotta blindly throw money at loot boxes until you luck into one. they do this at the same time they make vip a highly limited thing and are also planning microtransactions.

great forza is now falling down the microtransaction fee-to-pay hole that so many other lovely games have fallen down. fantastic. just what i wanted. amazing. wonderful. brilliant. thrilling.

gently caress modern gaming.

quote:

But some cars remain locked even once you gain access to their tier. These “exclusive content” cars are available through only five methods:

-Prize Crates
-Specialty Dealer
-Forzathon
-Completing the Forza Driver’s Cup
-Completing Showcase Events

When players first load up the game, they’ll find roughly 150 of the game’s cars fall under “exclusive content”. By our count, the career will hand out 25 of these, so there’s the bottom two bullet points sorted.

Five of those will be “Forza Edition” cars; T10-modified versions of existing cars that carry perks. Out of the 150 or so locked-away cars, over 30 are Forza Editions.

The Specialty Dealer is very much like the Online Car Dealership of GT5: limited-availability models show up in there. Right now, three vehicles are available to buy, and all three are otherwise unavailable in-game for purchasing. So when the lineup changes, you’ll want to act fast.

https://www.gtplanet.net/turn-10-confirms-microtransaction-plans-forza-7/

lol this is some bullshit

glad I'm not buying the game for a while

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

I was racing 'unbeatable' AI at Catalunya in the 'Breakout Open Championship' and was noticing some really weird behaviour from one of the AI behind me. On both the front and back straights he would close in on double the speed, then suddenly brake and deciding not to pass me.
I finished the race and checked the AI telemetry in the replay and his car had over 2,000kW!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/73d0ui/fm7_psa_ai_have_engine_power_cheats/

:thumbsup:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

that's a lot of Volkswagens locked away lol

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

welp guys I did it I boguht the viddy game

downloading at 100 - 120 mb/s :woop:

:stoked: about lapping hundreds of cars

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

cool as heck if only Forza had Goodwood

such a fun track to set times on in Gran Turismo :kiddo:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Super Silhouette! :woop:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ihop posted:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I really don't enjoy racing the Renault F1 car.

Edit: and really don't enjoy buying one of the most expensive cars just to complete this dumb series.

I've only tried the Renault once, on the Top Gear track, and holy poo poo :stare:

Going to get to it again eventually.

The 70's F1 cars are fun as heck though

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

914/6 is my favorite Porsche so far

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

MiniFoo posted:

I never played 5 or 6, but I was addicted to Forza 4. Words really can't describe how pissed I was when I first started trying to play 7.

:same:

but I'm also exclusively lapping cars in free play so I can't really complain

the UI is trash tho

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Yes!

and they post clues for the cars beforehand I guess

quote:

Clue 1: Sometimes I like fish tacos, but other times I just prefer pasta with sausage.
Clue 2: If someone tells you that something is unnecessary or over-the-top, it’s probably something you actually want and you should talk to that other person anymore.
Clue 3: One-off, one-win wonder!
Clue 4: Long before the Hemi, there were other engines with hemispherical heads that radically improved performance. This car is one of them.
Clue 5: Bare bones and basic. You could chase or be chased in it.
Clue 6: This will become the oldest car in the Forza Motorsport series.
Clue 7: This is a rig that can truly do just about anything depending on the configuration.
For reference, some of the oldest cars in the game include the 1934 Alfa Romeo P3 and 1932 Ford De Luxe. It isn’t clear if Turn 10 is counting the Autovista-only Bentley 8-Litre from Forza Motorsport 4, either. That car was explorable in what would become Forzavista this generation, but was never available to drive.

The rest of the clues aren’t any easier. The third points towards the infamous Brabham BT46B “fan car”, but could be something else. Meanwhile, few cars are more bare bones than the Citröen 2CV, and that car was found in the data of Forza Horizon 3 during the summer.

Clue 4 has a lot of candidates. Lancia, Ford, Lotus, Porsche… they’ve all used hemispherical combustion chambers. Though in all but Lancias case, the usage wasn’t “long before” Chrysler’s popularization of the term.

And could that second clue hint at the Chiron, or a similarly outrageous hypercar?

Schommer has stated that all seven cars will be new to the franchise, so that eliminates any 360-era updates.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Doritos car pack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPT7VJS-1vE

2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1962 Porsche 804
1939 BMW 328
1955 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan
1985 Nissan Safari
1926 Bugatti Type 35

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 5, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Next car pack is coming on Tuesday btw

this was announced in a stream at the beginning of the month and nowhere else apparently :thumbsup:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

shame about Mitsubishi, because this was cool as gently caress

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Thief posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OFPxiQF4D0&t=135s

:getin:

also this doubles as the global leaderboard which iirc before the only way to see it was just after a race

:snoo:

might have to reinstall for the weekend

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

cool to have a Forza that let's you have decent lighting for when you are creating designs or selecting rims

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

spent over 30 laps in the monthly rivals event without actually beating the time of a friend but I still got 240k for it :jackbud:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:swoon:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

got more than 150 cars now and I've bought at most 20 of them :stoked:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

well deserved imho

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

new car pass cars

November 22: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage
November 22: 2014 McLaren 650S Spider
November 29: 2005 Ferrari FXX
November 29: 1953 Jaguar C-Type
December 06: 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 DeBerti Design
December 06: 1965 Peel Trident
December 13: 2003 Honda S2000
December 13: 1974 Honda Civic RS

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:radcat:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TorakFade posted:

what the gently caress

What's so good about driving a Lego F40 or Lego Mini when I can drive the normal, real life version?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Maybe not the ideal Forza for it, but I've already done it in FM7, so I put down lap times for some (not all) cars in Horzion 4 :cheerdoge:

Lakehurst Copse Circuit (no mods)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Delorean CONFIRMED