Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
our original date was sept 18, but that's long gone. Europe was pushing Ukraine to shut down the eastern airports last I heard.

..those airports were critical for us leaving in an oh-poo poo situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

cursedshitbox posted:

so uhhh I replaced the drz..

Over 1300 miles in two days. It's rad as gently caress.

Those are great. I've had to help people tear them apart in the middle of nowhere to replace a fuse in the V-valley though. I really want one (or 1090/1190/1290) to supplement my GS Adventure as a more-offroadable bike.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

our original date was sept 18, but that's long gone. Europe was pushing Ukraine to shut down the eastern airports last I heard.

..those airports were critical for us leaving in an oh-poo poo situation.

Yeah, probably best to be cautious and take your time.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, probably best to be cautious and take your time.

Plus time to deal hunt for your Soviet factory dream building!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i got my new keycaps today

a e s t h e t i c a s f u c k

You deliberately paid money for that combination?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

cakesmith handyman posted:

The pink backlighting is a bit much for me but at least the keys themselves are a tasteful grey and I approve of the classic Windows logo. I think it would look better if the case was a matching grey, though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cakesmith handyman posted:

yes

no ragrats

Magnus Praeda posted:

The pink backlighting is a bit much for me but at least the keys themselves are a tasteful grey and I approve of the classic Windows logo. I think it would look better if the case was a matching grey, though.

Yeah the keyboard was a steal and happened to be backlit. I had the option to get a black or grey keyboard over the white but it was a little too much

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

slidebite posted:

Use them if you need to, as with most drugs it's probably best not to use them chronically/permanently if you don't have to. I think the ppi studies I briefly read where people on them for many, many years.

If you can find what triggers it or lose some weight and avoid the reflux in the first place but maybe need the odd tums or swig of gaviscon in place of daily taking a ppi that's probably a safer, not to mention cheaper way to go.

Like any long term medical issue, you should work with your doctor and understand the risks involved and weigh them against the benefits.

In my case I had acid reflux in my 40's when I still worked outside in construction and was physically in very good shape and not overweight. My choice was some sort of medication to deal with it, or live in nearly constant pain, unable to sleep, and potentially do permanent damage to my internals from the acid vs the risk of higher chance of the drug risks down the road.

Multiple different diet changes had no effect as I would have the same issues the blandest of foods, or even nothing but water.

Luckily the problem isn't nearly as bad these days, and I con sometimes go for a month or two without any meds, but then it will flare up for whatever reason and I'll be back to taking Omeprazole for a while. I'll deal with the consequences in the future if I have to, but I will not let those potential risks force me to be completely miserable today.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been using CBD oil to deal with my Crohns and so far it's been great, knock on wood. If you have access to it, it's worth a shot if you have any stomach issues.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been using CBD oil

Cock and ball death?

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

DICK DICER posted:

Cock and ball death?

When you got scrotal necrotitis you don't give a gently caress about heartburn or constant making GBS threads.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

monsterzero posted:

When you got scrotal necrotitis you don't give a gently caress about heartburn or constant making GBS threads.

*Fornier's Gangrene

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Charlie Baniels Dand

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
HOLY loving poo poo IT'S A MIRACLE.
After just 2 weeks of battling with Comcast they have finally relinquished unto me the power of Gigabit internet.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously though that was a loving bitch. If I never have to deal with Comcast again, it'll be too soon.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm having Ciabatta with dinner tonight, can I post in the Sourdough thread?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The Devil went down to Deadballs was a highly under appreciated single imho

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Seminal Flu posted:

I'm having Ciabatta with dinner tonight, can I post in the Sourdough thread?

Post a pic.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Heartburn chat: I've taken Omeprazole for years and my doctor has never mentioned the risks. No matter what I eat, I get tremendous heartburn that antacids can't even touch. I'll munch on them like candy and still have it.

I've dropped 64lbs, with plenty to go and still hasn't changed. I'd rather take the risks than be miserable not taking it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

DICK DICER posted:

*Fornier's Gangrene

How on earth did you know about that

Nevermind dont want to know your fetish

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I took Omeprazole and it just made my stomach hurt.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How on earth did you know about that

Nevermind dont want to know your fetish

why did i loving google this

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I'll need to abstain this October it seems as we're now a celiac household so gluten is the devil. See you in November you jerkasses.

Real talk the gluten free transition hasn't been too bad. The food is really expensive and the GF bread is terrible. More bbq is on the menu though so eat up my dudes

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
I've been running numbers calculating my margin of safety for weeks on taking the MR2 in the toy hauler. It checks out, so I'm going to give it a shot. We're leaving on Sunday to head down to Charleston in this configuration.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'd get some foam padding on those corners.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

InitialDave posted:

I'd get some foam padding on those corners.

I jammed a 4" thick chunk of memory foam between the front left corner and the stove after I took the clearance picture. The car is strapped down preloading the suspension pretty good.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
~*last of the juicero wine*~

Work used to provide them until you millenials killed juicero (how the hell is that stupid "we make shirts that you can wear untucked, even if you're a midget" company still around though?) and then I forgot about the one I snagged on the last day of delivery. Now it's prunoero.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I've been running numbers calculating my margin of safety for weeks on taking the MR2 in the toy hauler. It checks out, so I'm going to give it a shot. We're leaving on Sunday to head down to Charleston in this configuration.

Toy haulers kinda freak me out with all that weight behind the axles. My FIL has a huge one that he hauls an off-road buggy and 2 dirt bikes in. (Plus a big roll toolbox, etc) Told me the other day he ran over some scales and weighed 32k lbs all together. I can't help but wonder how it's distributed.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Fo3 posted:

I know how you feel. I tossed my own magazines during my last house move. But this time I have to throw out my grandfathers collection :sigh: A whole bunch of 50s maths/physics/science books all the way up to 1980s electronic magazines he bought just before he died.
I have several boxes from my Grandpa of magazines, half aviation and half automotive. Paged through them all at some point book marking interesting stuff but there's so many I don't know what the hell to do with them. Easy a couple hundred pounds of magazines.

cursedshitbox posted:

so uhhh I replaced the drz..

Over 1300 miles in two days. It's rad as gently caress.
As I said on Snapchat, great choice those are amazing bikes

Anyone have experience with the universal trailer hitch receivers? I've seen a few with adjustable width designed to bolt to the frame of a truck. Would like to get a hitch on the courier, not sure if I want to weld my own or buy a universal.

Just signed, ~5 minutes ago, the paperwork to list the old house for sale. Photographer was there today at 2pm getting pictures. Should be listed sometime tomorrow. Now the waiting and overthinking every little thing we did and didn't fix. Hope the thing sells quick because my racecar/fun fund is pretty drat dry after renovations and everything else.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I just saw a Christmas-themed television commercial.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

angryrobots posted:

Toy haulers kinda freak me out with all that weight behind the axles. My FIL has a huge one that he hauls an off-road buggy and 2 dirt bikes in. (Plus a big roll toolbox, etc) Told me the other day he ran over some scales and weighed 32k lbs all together. I can't help but wonder how it's distributed.

Axles are pretty far back on most toy haulers. My trailer grosses out around 12k and I'm going to be running under 10k (18k with truck) in this configuration. I bought a tongue weight scale to make sure I wasn't throwing the weight too far back, I was 1700 empty on the tongue and 1500 with the MR2 onboard.
You can see the rear-bias of the axle here:

And the tongue scale here:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'll need to abstain this October it seems as we're now a celiac household so gluten is the devil. See you in November you jerkasses.

Real talk the gluten free transition hasn't been too bad. The food is really expensive and the GF bread is terrible. More bbq is on the menu though so eat up my dudes

I haven't had ANY good GF free bread yet, but Trader Joe's has GF waffles and pancakes that are awesome and make up for it for breakfast at least.

You would think if they can do that bread shouldn't be a problem, but all their GF bread is just bad.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gluten is pretty much the key to what makes bread, well, bread. Gluten free pastries are pretty easy to do since there's pastries tend to not have much in the way of gluten in the first place, but bread = gluten-heavy dough + fermentation. I don't know if a good gluten-free "bread" even exists.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been using CBD oil to deal with my Crohns and so far it's been great, knock on wood. If you have access to it, it's worth a shot if you have any stomach issues.

Where do you buy your CBD oil? I got some for the dogs and it seems to work well, but it's pricey.

Dagen H posted:

Post a pic.

Taking the bread thread back to its roots.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

Where do you buy your CBD oil? I got some for the dogs and it seems to work well, but it's pricey.

I'm registered in Florida for Medical Marijuana so I get it through the dispensaries here. Any state where it's legal it's easy to get it. Otherwise you're stuck with Hemp oil.

Be aware that a lot of sellers call Hemp oil CBD oil and it is NOT the same thing.

http://www.chronictherapy.co/hemp-oil-vs-cbd-oil-whats-the-difference-2/?age-verified=5b1f2933b4

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Your American bread reminds me of sex with my wife

It's so sweet I got diabetes, which is not covered by your healthcare system

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This fuckin tree. Normally it drops at most 30 pieces of fruit and i just leave them as fertilizer. This year, it got completely hosed by 100+kph wind that knocked down like 10% of the trees in this city just as it flowered. and lost a bunch of leaves, then got absolutely hosed by hail destroying most of what was left. I figured it was good and dead by mid july. You can see a lot of the upper branches are bare

Somehow, in the last 2 months, it formed this poo poo

So i broke out the snow shovel

There's gotta be 500lbs of fruit. It broke the wheels off the wheelie bin.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I see a lot of funeral processions roll through my area.
I've never seen any outrageous cars being driven, and it always prompts me to sweep through which of my cars I'd be able to use without being an eyesore or distraction.

The Charger if it didn't have a huge rust hole on the fender.
The white FC turbo if it didn't randomly set off its alarm.
The 2.3-16v.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

I see a lot of funeral processions roll through my area.
I've never seen any outrageous cars being driven, and it always prompts me to sweep through which of my cars I'd be able to use without being an eyesore or distraction.

The Charger if it didn't have a huge rust hole on the fender.
The white FC turbo if it didn't randomly set off its alarm.
The 2.3-16v.

Do you have the space or finances to purchase an ice cream truck

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:swoon:

http://www.whiskeyriff.com/2017/08/...during-wedding/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How can you drink so much of a sugary alcohol so quickly without puking? What a pro.

• Locked thread