Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Coredump posted:

Where do you reckon is the best place to look for salvage c5 corvettes if I wanted to do a vette kart clone?

Water damaged ones from Florida or Texas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Coredump posted:

Where do you reckon is the best place to look for salvage c5 corvettes if I wanted to do a vette kart clone?

Dagen H posted:

San Francisco.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I don't want a biohazard c4 :saddowns:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Oh, C5. My bad.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

blk posted:

Welp, was just laid off without warning. Fits nicely with my poo poo marriage, house I hate and parenthood I regret.

Keep your head up man. Only thing you can do is move forward.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Larrymer posted:

Keep your head up man. Only thing you can do is move forward.

Or back, and to the left

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coredump posted:

probably craigslist is your only bet

i read a while back that there's a tightly controlled used market where wrecking companies who buy every single corvette and disassemble them for parts, since they're common yet niche enough

blk sorry to hear about getting laid off, hope things get better for you soon :(

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Shoot. I was hoping there would be other places than Copart I wasn't thinking of. How bad does flood damage wreck an engine? :thunk:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Coredump posted:

Shoot. I was hoping there would be other places than Copart I wasn't thinking of. How bad does flood damage wreck an engine? :thunk:

If it was running at the time, really bad. If it wasn't, not quite as bad. I wouldn't trust any of the wiring harness or ECU or sensors...

...and depending on how long it sat with sewage in there, I wouldn't imagine the transaxle would be any happier.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Some good news for today, apparently Tom Petty is still alive?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ExplodingSims posted:

Some good news for today, apparently Tom Petty is still alive?

Yeah the earlier report was incorrect. It isn't like he's awake and healthy though so :shrug:

Re: flood damage
I've always heard that it's the electrical that fucks with off-when-flooded cars. If it was off then was flooded and you plan on making some kart out of it then who cars about the wiring or radio or lights, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just saw someone claim the Vegas massacre was government staged.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

I'm surprised it took you this long to see that.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rhyno posted:

We got 'jet fuel can't melt steel beams' out of 9/11 so let's see what the internet will cook up out of the Vegas massacre

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat
He was just playin' the averages.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm surprised it took you this long to see that.

It was some loon on FB, a site I am using very little since they reinstated me. I actually spend more time pruning old posts and unfriending and unliking than I do posting.

Edit: but hey, we picked our song for our first dance so that makes me happy.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 3, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

It was some loon on FB, a site I am using very little since they reinstated me. I actually spend more time pruning old posts and unfriending and unliking than I do posting.

There are scripts to do that for you, y'know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

There are scripts to do that for you, y'know.

I'm enjoying the "on this day" feature but I'm reminded of a lot of dumb poo poo I posted. I tried to use an app that would unlike everything i had ever liked but it didn't work.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So weird, my son was asking me about Tom Petty today because he likes the music, and one of his first questions was "is he dead?" :psyduck:

Glad he's not dead.

[e] wait now they're saying he is dead wtf

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So weird, my son was asking me about Tom Petty today because he likes the music, and one of his first questions was "is he dead?" :psyduck:

Glad he's not dead.

I am so glad I got to see him live. I'd be kicking myself hard right now if I'd passed on that show.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I'm enjoying the "on this day" feature but I'm reminded of a lot of dumb poo poo I posted. I tried to use an app that would unlike everything i had ever liked but it didn't work.
Script. Like on chrome with tampermonkey.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CNN just confirmed it, Tom Petty is dead :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Script. Like on chrome with tampermonkey.

i ain't that smart

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Applebees Appetizer posted:

CNN just confirmed it, Tom Petty is dead :(

drat :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KakerMix posted:

We got 'jet fuel can't melt steel beams' out of 9/11 so let's see what the internet will cook up out of the Vegas massacre
Apparently 4chan is pushing the whole "he was a lefty liberal wot hated Trump" thing

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I don't see a stereotypical liberal owning that many guns. Or rental property. Or a hunting license.

... some of that rental property is less than 3 miles from me. :stare:

I had no idea there was a Mesquite NV either... the rental property he owns is in Mesquite TX (which is the next city over from me).

e: huh, his father escaped from a prison in my hometown ages ago. :tinfoil:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 3, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

"lone gunman"

based on the video he had some sort of fully automatic sub machine gun with a 30 round magazine

Nah, just a dozen or so rifles with a couple set up to bump-fire via a slidefire stock. Hopefully the ATF is going to revise their position on those not being registered items now.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Communism posted:

Nah, just a dozen or so rifles with a couple set up to bump-fire via a slidefire stock. Hopefully the ATF is going to revise their position on those not being registered items now.

No.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Can you ghouls take it to TFR?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dagen H posted:

Can you ghouls take it to TFR?
No.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
TFR is like a black hole.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Have it your way, but I normally butt into GIP current events for this sort of stuff.
(E: I already know commieGIR is there), but in general talking to other posters if they want some speculation without endless or completely wrong hot takes)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 3, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Apparently 4chan is pushing the whole "he was a lefty liberal wot hated Trump" thing

:colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Is the suggestion that I provide endlessly wrong hot takes?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
No, I was just saying I didn't need to tell you to look there. But many others here don't look in gip.
Very poorly worded, I didn't want to quote anyone and I was in the middle of other things so it came out in my typical mess :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Explain like I don't understand what you're getting at (because I don't)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fo3 posted:

No, I was just saying I didn't need to tell you to look there. But many others here don't look in gip.
Very poorly worded, I didn't want to quote anyone and I was in the middle of other things so it came out in my typical mess :)

But my hot takes are the best takes, you take that back!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

CommieGIR posted:

TFR is like a black hole.
Not really, no. Especially if you compare it to virtually any other gun related forum anywhere on the internet. I'll admit I haven't gone there regularly for a long time but they seem to be a pretty decent group with the odd "colorful" character, but AI and CA has more of those than TFR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Well, I just learned the value of good tires the hard way. I didn't want to spend 1/3 the value of my car on fresh tires and got into low speed collision with a box truck on wet ground because my car wouldn't stop on its 7 year old ones

Thankfully no injuries, except to the wallet

• Locked thread