Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Looks like this was previewed a few days ago but I missed it.

Do you have someone who spams monsters at your venue? Not a problem!

https://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12004165&postcount=718

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah that Blade is bonkers, as is the Absorbing Man that just got revealed.

Aside from looking like I'll be a real piece of poo poo for busting some of this stuff out at the friendly games I play 99% of the time, set is looking pretty nice imo, a few rehashes of Avengers who've been done to death but most of them so far have still had cool stuff and there's a lot of villains which I am a fan of.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I love Absorbing Man. gently caress chase figures that I actually want.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

https://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12005910&postcount=1111

The price of every con LE mandarin ring is about to skyrocket. He’s solid enough on his own, he’s bananas for 100 points and access to all of them (two at a time, but still).

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

New WWE figs include Hitman, Randy Orton, The New Day, another Finn Balor with all the makeup, some people I don't know, Kurt Angle, and a dumb looking Ricky Steamboat in a lizard outfit.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Ooh it’s the Demon King. Should be an interesting dial. Finn wears that when poo poo gets real or the Saudi’s pay Vince a ton of blood money.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Steve Vader posted:

New WWE figs include Hitman, Randy Orton, The New Day, another Finn Balor with all the makeup, some people I don't know, Kurt Angle, and a dumb looking Ricky Steamboat in a lizard outfit.

Where is this posted?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Where is this posted?

Snaggles Gaming on Facebook

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
After Savage got the WM 3 costume, I'm disappointed that they went with the stupid 'Dragon' outfit for Steamboat. Of course, I never would've guessed that they'd do Steamboat at all, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Nakamura is a pleasant surprise!

According to Realms, a few others got announced in a WK solicit:

Bayley
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
Becky Lynch
Seth Rollins
Hulk Hogan
Shawn Michaels

Got to say, the kid in me is excited about getting to have Hulk Hogan fight the Hulk.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Gotta say I didn't expect repeats with so many wrestlers and such small sets.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Gotta say I didn't expect repeats with so many wrestlers and such small sets.

I wonder if that list is largely complete. I was hoping for Sarge, Bossman, Diesel, Razor, or Jake the Snake.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Those are mostly pretty exciting, I still hope to someday get Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

I wonder if that list is largely complete. I was hoping for Sarge, Bossman, Diesel, Razor, or Jake the Snake.

No kidding! Bossman with Police keyword and team ability... Slaughter just so we get someone with the Soldier keyword, because right now WWE is the only licensed 'Clix property to NOT have a single Soldier (well, okay, DotA). Razor and Diesel so that they can sculpt-reuse Hogan, Hall and Nash as the OG nWo...

I'd love to get Yokozuna and some managers. Give me Bobby Heenan and Paul Heyman, at the very least. A Million Dollar Man who can pay extra points to give the Million Dollar Corporation keyword to anyone, or an Eric Bischoff who can add people to the nWo...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

No kidding! Bossman with Police keyword and team ability... Slaughter just so we get someone with the Soldier keyword, because right now WWE is the only licensed 'Clix property to NOT have a single Soldier (well, okay, DotA). Razor and Diesel so that they can sculpt-reuse Hogan, Hall and Nash as the OG nWo...

I'd love to get Yokozuna and some managers. Give me Bobby Heenan and Paul Heyman, at the very least. A Million Dollar Man who can pay extra points to give the Million Dollar Corporation keyword to anyone, or an Eric Bischoff who can add people to the nWo...

I feel like DiBiase would generate a Virgil token that he could mastermind to.

Plus, goddamn, come on, give me The Mega Bucks.

And my longshot hopes include Papa Shango, Adam Bomb, Rick Martel, and fake Razor and Diesel. The fakes don't sound so crazy considering sculpt reuse. Rick Martel would replace Crimson Commando or Foolkiller as the clix piece I play way too often.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Sanschel posted:

Those are mostly pretty exciting, I still hope to someday get Hacksaw Jim Duggan

He damned well better come with a 2x4 equipment.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Since we had cookie monster Martian Manhunter as a prize, tonight I ran 'the Muppet Show'. 400 points, no theme mechanic, and your team had to be somewhat Muppet-inspired. People had fun with it... saw some real oddball teams that made for some of the most-fun games that I have had in ages.

I ran:
Sentinel Squad ONE
TWO-Face
THREE-D Man
Joker's Henchman number FOUR
Ultron-FIVE
And HAHAHAHA Joker
To be Team Count.

Round one, I went up against a team based around the Alice Cooper guest star episode.
FF Grimm from Teen Titans with Paralax to be Alice
Captain Falcon for Sam the Eagle
Grizzly for Sweetums the ogre
Troll since she looks like she skinned a muppet
Hellcow because vampire cow

Round two was just an 'It Isn't Easy, Being Green' team of Maestro and some Worldbreakers.

Round three was Doctor Teeth & the Electric Mayhem
Doctor Octopus for the doctor part
Sabertooth for the tooth part
Drax because he plays the sax
Bombshell Black Canary for Janice
Dum Dum Duggen for Floyd
Strangely, nobody with electric powers

Lots of fun to be had with the frankly weird teams people put together. No real killers out there, so it was just trying to figure out what on your team could carry a load. I try not to run too many events with exotic build requirements like that, since, well, people have better things to do than figure out what to run for that nonsense, but maybe I should do them more frequently.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

Since we had cookie monster Martian Manhunter as a prize, tonight I ran 'the Muppet Show'. 400 points, no theme mechanic, and your team had to be somewhat Muppet-inspired. People had fun with it... saw some real oddball teams that made for some of the most-fun games that I have had in ages.

I ran:
Sentinel Squad ONE
TWO-Face
THREE-D Man
Joker's Henchman number FOUR
Ultron-FIVE
And HAHAHAHA Joker
To be Team Count.

I cannot stop giggling at this team. Well done.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It took me way too long to figure out why that Joker was on the team.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Both that format and that team were outstanding.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If you had room, you could've added Thor.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I got to play in a 600 point event out of the blue and had one of the best/most awkward freak outs from Mr. Your team isn’t very good yet.

First he tells me I’ve come back too soon and he hasn’t had enough practice to beat me yet. Then in our game proceeds to massively overexpose himself to KO my 30 point retaliators instead of my 350 point Nimrod. Then immediately quits the game because I looked at the back of his Dark Phoenix card. “You were going to win this game anyway, now it’s not fun for me so I quit”.

What a maroon.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Jeez. What a whiny putz. Good to know he thinks you weren't allowed to return until he could beat you.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

What a jerkoff.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had my venue’s Cap sealed, on a new day and time so I was concerned about turnout but we had four which was on the good side of average at our old spot so I’m good with this.

One guy pulled Ultron, and while he won every round, Ultron also got close to death in the first two rounds, avoiding losses to War Machine and Arno Stark, respectively, by sudden poor dice rolls, otherwise he’d be a toaster.

It seemed like the MVP of the night was Ghost, who Incapped the crap out of opposing teams and never took a click of damage thanks to Stealth. Living Legends were prevalent and seemed really solid, they almost always got one more good hit in after being “KO’d” before finally being put down.

I grabbed a few boosters and pulled Blackheath, the booby prize of SRs in terms of value despite being an incredibly solid figure, and The Captain, who is weirdly a parallel rare but not a prime, and is crazy better than some of the actual primes.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Aww, Blackheath is my #2 want. I'm a sucker for some Giant Reach.

Had our pre-release tonight, too. Ten players, plus me. We also had an Ultron pulled, and Absorbing Man. Ultron ran roughshod through the first two rounds, but then came up against a hodgepodge team of Stealth Iron Man, Pepper Pots, Nick Fury, Peggy Carter, and something else. A giant pile of Outwit being piloted by our venue's resident dice wizard was enough to just wreck Ultron.

Bought a couple boosters, and I pulled SR Zemo, so I have some Bolts & Masters shenanigans in my future. And we still have 14 boosters left for pre-release battle royales next week!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah, Blackheath’s dial is awesome, I honestly love this set a lot more than I expected to.

I forgot to mention a Ghost Rider and Jolt also got pulled and we only had one case, so fingers crossed that’s the distribution and the price on these chases stays more affordable.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

New previews for JLU and a new team up mechanic: https://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822643

It looks like you’ll get one standard character card and one team up card per relevant character in a pack, from a very wide selection per character in some cases (Hawkgirl has at least 11 team-ups?!). Seems like an interesting mechanic that can drastically alter how a figure plays without having to change much about the figure itself. That last dying ember of a collector in me hates it, but I actually appreciate the potential for long-term trading and value in booster buying this could provide. The Seven Soldiers team up looks dope as hell, too.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got my tax return and had $20 store credit at my shop so I grabbed a brick and four loose boosters yesterday. The boosters netted me War Machine and Jolt prime, so that was sweet. The brick had Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Ironheart, Earth X Thor, Azzuri, and chase Ghost Rider, so a stunningly excellent brick all around. I was then able to trade for a Mandarin, which carries the burden of now trying to collect the eight rings I don’t have.

Overall I’m loving this set, way more than I had planned to. The throwback dials are great and the abundance of Thunderbolts and Masters of Evil makes me giddy. Even the endless repeats of heroes we always get seem new and worth fielding (we’ve had a black panther, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor in every non-X-Men Marvel boosted set since Avengers Infinity!). I can’t wait to actually start using them all.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Not the best brick for me, although pulling MODOK out of the first booster made me happy. War Machine and a broken Arno Stark with the Josiah X prime, so I feel comfortable trying to run The Crew now as we are never going to get Junta.

A great deal of doubles in my brick too, which was disappointing. I'll need to get UDON Taskmaster, Sidewinder, and Azzuri and... Sigh, Chase Absorbing Man, which shouldn't be a thing.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

My oldest was at her grandparents having a sleepover so I got the ok to play in a cap sealed today.

Highlight before the game. Buying 2 boosters for the hell of it and pulling SR Blackheath and Prime Josiah.
One guy wanted Blackheath so I said he could have it if he bought me a booster. What do I pull from said booster motherfucking chase Namor.

So already a good day.

Then I pulled SR Zemo for my 2 boosters for the event. So out of 5 boosters I got 2 SR’s, a chase, and a prime. WHAT.

Anywho I ran the following

SR Zemo
Winter Soldier
Moonstone with her plus 5 trait
Maria Hill
Dario Agger

I wish I could have done a Thunderbolts or MOE theme but didn’t have any other pieces to use with them.

Round 1 versus Minotaur, Dario Agger, Iron Man, Radioactive man.

He had too much close combat, I had too much range and outwit. This was a massacre.

Round 2 versus
Red Skull
The stark guy who can take tokens off himself
Nick Fury
Industrial Saboteur

His dice were lights out earlier in the game and mine were not. I lost Maria and was eating EE shots from
Nick that really hurt. Then I managed to crit the stark with a Hail Mary shot from moonstone and he forgot to outwit with nick so I had my outwit back and knocked his nick silly. Skull came up and tried to lock me down with power elite but also was KO’d for a close win.

Round 3 versus Mr your team isn’t very good. Who called me a dick and quit while making a huge scene for again, looking at the back of a card. I told the judge that he needs to stop being such an rear end in a top hat and he said he’d talk to him but I’m pretty sure he’s going to remain a pissbaby.

He actually had a very good team but decided he wasn’t winning as soon as he sat down and decided to be an rear end. I dunno

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Jeez. Does he only act like that with you or is he just a big pissbitch to everyone?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Steve Vader posted:

Jeez. Does he only act like that with you or is he just a big pissbitch to everyone?
It's mostly with morand, who, to be fair, is absolutely history's greatest monster and it's pretty justified.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Has anyone tried speaking directly to the venue? The Judge clearly knows about this guy's behavior and hasn't reined him in.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I've finally started typing up a new OP. What's the most recent starter other than WWE? Does WWE come with a standard PAC and is it even still practically available? What's the next one and when? In fact, what all is coming up?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 10, 2020

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

WWE does not come with a standard PAC or rulebook - it's its own thing. I'd probably wait until the fancy new Fantastic Four box starter hits - that should have everything and be a bit more evergreen.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah that's out in a month or so? It's hard to remember cause it's been delayed twice.

I think the current release schedule is
JLU booster set with accompanying starter in April (the whole of this setlist leaked the other week and it looks alright, very light on villains though)
Black Widow movie gravity booster set around May
Fantastic Four Booster set in Summer
Absolute Carnage booster set in October time.

and there's a second WWE set somewhere in there as well.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Has anyone tried speaking directly to the venue? The Judge clearly knows about this guy's behavior and hasn't reined him in.

I talked to the Judge, the venue doesn't take an active hand in enforcement. He said he'd talk to him.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
The Fantastic Four starter has been pushed back twice; it's currently set for March. Six figures (FF, Doom, Surfer), rulebook, two double-sided maps for $30.
More unpainted X-Men from Regenesis are also coming out in March.
April has JLU (5-figure boosters and a starter) and the Black Widow movie set (gravity feed, plus a promo figure of her on a motorcycle for $15)
WWE wave 2 comes out in June, hopefully before Origins.
Fantastic Four main set is currently set for July, hopefully before Gen-Con.

As of now, the most-recent non-WWE starter is from Batman: TAS. I'll second Steve Vader's opinion that you're best-served waiting until the Fantastic Four starter comes out next month.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I talked to the Judge, the venue doesn't take an active hand in enforcement. He said he'd talk to him.

In my experience, the store never wants to probate/ban players, because that's losing a customer. So, instead, the rear end in a top hat player drives away new/casual players who might have been better customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

In my experience, the store never wants to probate/ban players, because that's losing a customer. So, instead, the rear end in a top hat player drives away new/casual players who might have been better customers.

I told the judge if the situation was reversed and I was screaming at him I’d expect a DQ for myself and he should do the same. We’ll see if it sticks. Not sure when I can get out there again is the issue though. Has to be days my wife only has one kid.