Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«28 »
Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

Some of them can also do some cheap damage, like V Shi from Indy. 47 points for Stealth and BCF is nothing to sneeze at, plus the Crusade TA is kind of neat too.

Ugh, vet Shi. Literally no figure in the history of the game has given me more trouble than that one. She just always kicks my rear end, no matter what. Always rolls great for Blades, always makes her Senses, and that 8 range is always a shock.

And, yeah, Crusades was always my favorite team ability to Thunderbolt, back when you could pick any TA. Such a fun little mechanic, even if it hardly ever came up.

My local shop started getting 'Clix in again, too! Got my FF starter, my Black Widow box (chase Taskmaster was a let-down, not because he's bad, but because I really want that Widow), and my Widow-on-motorcycle. Now I just need physical games to start up again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

CapnAndy posted:

oh god the flashbacks, why are you eternally like this

Man you want flashbacks? For the longest time my nuclear option of I wanna win a game was CD V Dr. Light with the stunning blow and trickshot feat cards. Id have a Hive trooper carry him around while he handed out damage and tokens. It never lost in any of the times I played it.

I remember probably the meanest time I ever did that combo was in a tournament where the venue let you play the same 2 BFCs every round and the Ordinary Day feat Card was banned. This was way before keywords too so no cancelling BFCs that way either.

It was high points too like 600 or 700. I ran a ton of pieces with no move and attack, outwit, incap, and a shitload of stunning blow. My BFCs were Power Dampening Field and Inertial Interference field. Basically all damage was capped at 3 and if you did a RS, Charge, or HSS attack you got another -2 damage. So many people just played their biggest beat sticks and all of them were doing one damage, or walking up to me and getting incapped to death.

~Memories~

Morand fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 27, 2020

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Another Roll20 game in the age of Covid.

Andys Avenegers

Caav Chase Thor at full
Caav Captain Marvel
Caav Captain America who can stop negative modifications
Motorcycle Black Widow
Happy Hogan
Caav Chase Ghost Rider
Chase Caav Namor

Versus my JLU (all from animated set)

FF Dragonball punch Superman
Prime Batman
90 point Wonder Woman with leadership
1 full point Dr. Fate
5 10 point ones
Question
Huntress
Booster Gold
Non brain robbery Flash

We played on the Roc pit fight map.

I went first, moving to elevated. Andy moves out with happy or rider carrying most of the team. I managed to roll WWs leadership to take a token off Superman who hyperd out, hit marvel, knocked her back and then hit her again. Batman then got TKd onto elevated, took his free action and sang a lovely song that made the avengers beat Captain Marvel and Happy Hogan to death. Thor and ghost rider tried to hit Batman but question had a banked 1 to stop Thor and rider missed. Superman took a few hits but was ok.

Batman crooned again and Thor ended up dead between WW and bus friends. Namor ended up nearly end dusk from a Superman CCE and then dragonball punch and we called it there.

That Batman is a little bit of hard bullshit and I can see why people were going nuts for him.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

That Batman is a little bit of hard bullshit and I can see why people were going nuts for him.

I haven't really looked at the set until now, but I can see that. Primes have always been a bullshit proposition balance-wise, but some are way worse than other. For 40 points he's a little too good.

There's also a dice manipulator (a box I personally think they never should have opened) in The Question for only 40 points, but at least he's an uncommon so he's not going to be super-expensive. Someone please tell me Crimson Avenger has a power called "Have you seen this pig?" and ideally another named "Gladys! It's for you!" Amazo's a great concept but his utility relies in having the team-up cards, which means they might end up getting fairly expensive if it turns out you can build a World-class team around him with them. The Martian Manhunter is drat solid for 100 points. That Darkseid, though, is nasty for the current environment, especially with his Defense getting up to 20 on his last click and that Steal Energy combined with his Apokolips Armor and Omega Beam potentially allowing him a TON of staying power.

Does Black Vulcan have a power named "That's Supervolt!"?

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I haven't really looked at the set until now, but I can see that. Primes have always been a bullshit proposition balance-wise, but some are way worse than other. For 40 points he's a little too good.

There's also a dice manipulator (a box I personally think they never should have opened) in The Question for only 40 points, but at least he's an uncommon so he's not going to be super-expensive. Someone please tell me Crimson Avenger has a power called "Have you seen this pig?" and ideally another named "Gladys! It's for you!" Amazo's a great concept but his utility relies in having the team-up cards, which means they might end up getting fairly expensive if it turns out you can build a World-class team around him with them. The Martian Manhunter is drat solid for 100 points. That Darkseid, though, is nasty for the current environment, especially with his Defense getting up to 20 on his last click and that Steal Energy combined with his Apokolips Armor and Omega Beam potentially allowing him a TON of staying power.

Does Black Vulcan have a power named "That's Supervolt!"?

Amazo doesnt NEED the sideline cards. They help but he can be very devastating on his own borrowing powers from teammates and opponents. In pauper formats hes a loving nightmare. In normal constructed events hes getting clowned by the chase widow from the movie set.

«28 »