Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We had a 500 point Floor event for CAAV this week, I ran a Scientist team of:

PS4 Spidey
Ironheart
FF Iron Man
Blackheath
Zeke Stane
Mandarin w/Liar and Zero

Round 1 vs an Avengers team of chases Ghost Rider and strange, Immortal Hulk, Shifting focus Cap, ABPI Thor, happy Hogan, Sharon carter, and somebody else I’m forgetting.

I won map and set us up on the docks, leaning on the back wall with all the Obscuring terrain as I moved up. He moved up and I cleared, then he did some fancy footwork and TK magic to have Ghost Rider attempt to Ram Spidey while toting Hulk and Cap, but super senses won out. Thor got a big penetrating strike on Zeke and a lot of my dudes were based. Mandarin took a Mind Control swing on Thor that paid off as he crit hit Strange off a rooftop for KO, while Spidey took care of Sharon Carter. Zeke moves up and took a pot shot at Thor, and got obliterated for his trouble the next turn. We missed most of our remaining attacks against each other as time was called.

Round 2 vs stealth wall team of Wasp, Hawkeye, two other people who did nothing but block LoF and therefore I can’t remember them, Captain Falcon, Steve Rogers, and R Proteus @ 70. I lost map roll hard and he picked Wakanda, so despite valiant attempts by Blackheath to punch Proteus from a mile away, I couldn’t attack very much. His dice were against him so I think maybe one hit was landed on Zeke and that was it, we wound up rolling off.

Round 3 vs Spies: Spymaster, Nick Fury, Quake, Sharon Carter, Roz Solomon, and four or five generics. He won map and also picked Wakanda and I was pretty boned, aside from Blackheath and Spidey I couldn’t do much to him so I put all my eggs in those two baskets. He moved up so I got an early Quake from Blackheath that hurt Sharon and removed her Perplex at least. Spidey moved up and would take potshot Incaps on Fury before bouncing away to other hindering. With his massive ranges he started dismantling my team one by one, starting with Ironheart. As she fell though I set up for another big Blackheath Quake that took out Sharon and gave me a Simuloid, sadly one positioned in a bad spot and who got KO’d easily. Spidey leapt in and wounded Fury, but Quake got an empowered crit hit on him and took him out. As my Iron Man was starting to fall, I used Blackheath once more for a Quake that managed to KO two figures and not knock back anyone (due to other figures blocking the path) so I could generate two Simuloids who Poisoned the squishy spies to generate two more Simuloids. In that instant the game changed and my squad of plant clones took out the remaining spies with excellent rolls and Poison.

All-in-all a surprisingly effective team; that Spidey is obscene for only 85 points, if he had Avengers I’d probably never use another one in my life. Blackheath proved to be the undisputed MVP in the last game, that 10 square punch was something else, with Sidestep and Iron Man’s TK I could always stay out of range of the SHIELD enhanced spies while scattering they for damage. Mandarin was fun but having used him once I’m not sure if I’d bother tracking down the eight rings I don’t have, he’s a great and accurate Mandarin but boy howdy those things are pricey accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
So this was pretty surprising to me but I’ve been chosen to be the inaugural member of the Heroclix Hall of Fame.

https://roc.ionsuite.com/news/?journal_blog_post_id=79

If you had told me when me and my brother were farting around with this game that this would have happened I’d have laughed in your face. It’s surreal as gently caress but also awesome.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

So this was pretty surprising to me but I’ve been chosen to be the inaugural member of the Heroclix Hall of Fame.

If you had told me when me and my brother were farting around with this game that this would have happened I’d have laughed in your face. It’s surreal as gently caress but also awesome.

Way to go! It's funny the article was by Lucas Van Holland because that's the ultra-competetive dude from my town. Nice guy. I figure if anybody should have been the first inductee, it should have been you.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That's pretty great, congrats! I still remember how cool it was to see you posting here in disbelief at how well you were doing at the championship.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Nationals and Worlds information released, and they're going back to loving Graceland again. That was stupid last year and it's stupid this year.

Also they say they're previewing three con LEs but I only see two.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

Dang dude, that’s awesome and well deserved! Congrats!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So question:

The new X-Men deep cuts unpainted sculpts have let me try doing 2 pieces: Cyclops and Magneto. I decided the Magneto holding 2 clear balls looked silly, so I made it look like he's carrying one giant paint of metal scrap/junk instead. It seems, per the rules, that this means he's now illegal:

See here: https://wizkids.com/heroclix/2019/04/29/heroclix-tournament-and-comprehensive-rules-update/

quote:

Custom/Modified Game Element Sculpts – Players may not use custom or modified sculpts for their game elements. All game element sculpts must be their original sculpts and must be the correct sculpt for their combat dial. Players may use custom action tokens and custom items for generated game elements (markers, bystanders, etc.). The tournament staff may, at their discretion, forbid custom action tokens or items that are potentially offensive or excessively confusing.

Custom Painted Game Element Sculpts – Players may custom paint their game element sculpts and use them in tournaments without needing an opponent’s approval. This includes the painting of pre-painted sculpts and unpainted sculpts. The tournament staff may, at their discretion, forbid custom paints that are potentially offensive or excessively confusing.

All I did was add a little textured stuff to Mags' balls:

Thoughts?

Morand posted:

Awesome! Will there be a permanent site, interview, or anything to follow?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

So question:

The new X-Men deep cuts unpainted sculpts have let me try doing 2 pieces: Cyclops and Magneto. I decided the Magneto holding 2 clear balls looked silly, so I made it look like he's carrying one giant paint of metal scrap/junk instead. It seems, per the rules, that this means he's now illegal:

See here: https://wizkids.com/heroclix/2019/04/29/heroclix-tournament-and-comprehensive-rules-update/

All I did was add a little textured stuff to Mags' balls:

Thoughts?

Awesome! Will there be a permanent site, interview, or anything to follow?

You may not be able to use magneto at official worlds events but I doubt anyone is going to give a poo poo locally.

The interview was in that article, from what I’ve been told a plaque will be made and hung at the lucky dice cafe and I will also be given one. I know who the other HOF’ers are but have been asked not to reveal them. We’ve been discussing future entrants to the hall and maybe having a pin or rings made. There’s gonna be a ceremony at the roc World Cup which I’ll try to make it to if I can but I have 2 kids and a wedding this year so we’ll see

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

You may not be able to use magneto at official worlds events but I doubt anyone is going to give a poo poo locally.

The interview was in that article, from what I’ve been told a plaque will be made and hung at the lucky dice cafe and I will also be given one. I know who the other HOF’ers are but have been asked not to reveal them. We’ve been discussing future entrants to the hall and maybe having a pin or rings made. There’s gonna be a ceremony at the roc World Cup which I’ll try to make it to if I can but I have 2 kids and a wedding this year so we’ll see

Oh, I meant like an audio/video-type thing. I remember you doing really well in the Married With Clix interview, and was hoping for more. :)

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Oh, I meant like an audio/video-type thing. I remember you doing really well in the Married With Clix interview, and was hoping for more. :)

Oooh gotcha. Well that depends entirely on podcasters lol. I’ll talk to anyone who asks but I’m not really going to beg for interviews. This is all kinda surreal as hell to me and I was legit shocked when I found out about all this.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Oooh gotcha. Well that depends entirely on podcasters lol. I’ll talk to anyone who asks but I’m not really going to beg for interviews. This is all kinda surreal as hell to me and I was legit shocked when I found out about all this.

Like I said, man, if anybody should have been the first HOF inductee, it was you.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Red posted:

Thoughts?
Technically illegal but nobody outside of Nationals/Worlds is going to give a gently caress, and in the unlikely event you wanted to play Mags there, you might be able to get pre-approval by clearing it with the head judge. Being an unpainted sculpt meant for this sort of thing ought to buy some leeway — it would from me.

Also it looks excellent, good job.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

My local venue had their WKO yesterday, but I missed it with the flu. I was only really planning on doing Battle Royales, so as to get a few commons/uncommons I want from the Cap set (Jolt, Dario, Cap). Oh well, I suppose eBay will be technically cheaper. The turnout was good, I was told - 13 for the tournament, and a handful more showed up for BRs.

CapnAndy posted:

Technically illegal but nobody outside of Nationals/Worlds is going to give a gently caress, and in the unlikely event you wanted to play Mags there, you might be able to get pre-approval by clearing it with the head judge. Being an unpainted sculpt meant for this sort of thing ought to buy some leeway — it would from me.

Also it looks excellent, good job.

Why thank you! I kind of want to try some more, but I'll wait for the next round - Danger should be relatively easy, and I can experiment with washes.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

22 people at our sealed WKO today. I help judge so no real stories from me except that Mr. “Your team isn’t very good” won it so perhaps he’ll be less insufferable moving forward? Apparently he’d kill one or two things and then run with a captain marvel which made him few friends but meh, can’t say I’d have done differently.

He got very lucky in the last game as a 12 attack immortal hulk missed both flurry attacks as last action was called on his last click Captain Marvel

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

House of X set just got announced at GAMA. Glob Herman is in it, also presumably 60-odd other pieces but who cares.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Also an amazing looking Galactus Sculpt. I will own it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't had a Galactus since the first one. I never play those big colossals. I hope it's at least fun to play against. It looks amazing.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Steve Vader posted:

I haven't had a Galactus since the first one. I never play those big colossals. I hope it's at least fun to play against. It looks amazing.

I still can't believe I convinced my wife to sew a tiny high-vis vest for the Galactic Guardians version. He's still wearing it, too. He's also leaning somewhat badly, but I don't think there's much to do about that.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I still can't believe I convinced my wife to sew a tiny high-vis vest for the Galactic Guardians version. He's still wearing it, too. He's also leaning somewhat badly, but I don't think there's much to do about that.

You could try the hairdryer trick.

Hold him upside down, hit him with a hairdryer so he softens a bit. Gravity will pull him back to his correct position. Then put him in some ice water for about 20-30 seconds to set him once done.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I dropped my WWE ring and snapped one if the ringposts. Any ideas on how to fix that? The rope tension makes standard glue hard to hold.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

So I dropped my WWE ring and snapped one if the ringposts. Any ideas on how to fix that? The rope tension makes standard glue hard to hold.

Ugh. Don’t think there’s an easy fix for that. Only suggestion I can make is a quick drying super glue and holding it in place until it dries.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

You could try the hairdryer trick.

Hold him upside down, hit him with a hairdryer so he softens a bit. Gravity will pull him back to his correct position. Then put him in some ice water for about 20-30 seconds to set him once done.

You know, I'd tried a hair dryer but I hadn't tried holding him upside-down. I'll have to do that. Instead I'd just been trying to gently bend him back into position.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

You know, I'd tried a hair dryer but I hadn't tried holding him upside-down. I'll have to do that. Instead I'd just been trying to gently bend him back into position.

Gravity and cold water really are the trick. Gotta make sure to set him after he's in the right spot. Take before and after pictures!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

FF Starter set previews are out. Looks like Doombot bystanders are included, although Doom doesn't seem to generate them. Doom and Surfer have 11-click dials. FF all have STOP clicks contingent on having other FFers on the map.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Modern Rotation got announced, too. The normal yearly stuff with one surprise: all ID cards (and the Blackbird) got their retirement moved up and there won't be any legal IDs after July 1st. Good riddance.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Modern Rotation got announced, too. The normal yearly stuff with one surprise: all ID cards (and the Blackbird) got their retirement moved up and there won't be any legal IDs after July 1st. Good riddance.

drat right. ID cards seemed like a fun idea on paper but like so many mechanics WK turned them into an unbalanced moneymaker and they contributed to ruining the game. Also, with this rotation, I will no longer have any Modern-legal game elements. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

FF Starter set previews are out. Looks like Doombot bystanders are included, although Doom doesn't seem to generate them. Doom and Surfer have 11-click dials. FF all have STOP clicks contingent on having other FFers on the map.

They have a point cost, so you can include them in your force. They are also used in the scenario cards that come with the starter.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Long time no see Clix Thread. How's everyone doing nowadays? Still out of the game personally, but thought I'd see how things have been lately (I'd honestly be surprised if anyone actually/really remembers me even slightly).

Really wish there was an easier way to try and get SOMETHING for my old pieces + cards, but sadly, everything's still scattered all about, and long out of Modern.

Morand posted:

Holy poo poo, congrats Morand. I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from me, but still, congratulations!

CapnAndy posted:

Wow. Never thought they'd actually go through with ending the reign of the ID Cards. I still remember the early days of the ID Cards around...I think AoU. That's one big "Good Riddance" from me, even though I haven't really done anything Clix in years.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Bruce Timmverse is about to get its second set, so that's good. They finally made a new MODOK and they are finally making more Fantastic Four clix, so that is good too, and Wakanda theme teams are possible and also awesome, which rules. Things are all right in clixland. Although who knows what kinda delays are going to happen with all the crazy of today.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Steve Vader posted:

The Bruce Timmverse is about to get its second set, so that's good. They finally made a new MODOK and they are finally making more Fantastic Four clix, so that is good too, and Wakanda theme teams are possible and also awesome, which rules. Things are all right in clixland. Although who knows what kinda delays are going to happen with all the crazy of today.

I’m honestly surprised there’s been no announced delay of JLU as of yet, usually it takes nothing to stall a release, I’d think a global pandemic would have some kind of effect.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I guess JLU might have been in transit somewhat when all this poo poo kicked off? The ff starter has definitely been delayed quite a bit as it was originally supposed to be Feb and it's moved twice to March and then April. Wouldn't be surprised if everything else gets delayed this year also.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Volfogg posted:

Really wish there was an easier way to try and get SOMETHING for my old pieces + cards, but sadly, everything's still scattered all about, and long out of Modern.

Holy poo poo, congrats Morand. I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from me, but still, congratulations!

Troll and toad will always buy in bulk, Glass Cabinet too. You can try to get something for your stuff that way.

And thanks! I too am just glad to be remembered

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man, the JLU setlist is weird. No Brainiac at all, not even the Luthor/Brainiac nano powered duo from the end of Season 2 of JLU, no Vandal Savage, no Tala, no Galatea, no Ultimen. Hawkgirl finally got made after missing out in the Batman TAS set but they only made the version in her rubbish jumpsuit outfit from JLU rather than the Hawkgirl costume from JL. Pretty annoying, they could have put her in the starter as an exclusive sculpt instead of one of the heroes we get all the time so the founding Leaguers from the show all got some rep.

Lot of cool stuff as well though, Batman with a microphone from the Wonder Woman pig episode, Luthor/Flash brainswapped from that episode, Ace from Epilogue (wish she could generate Royal Flush pogs but still cool), the 7 heroes from Patriot Act are really good and most haven't been made in literally a decade +. I bet that Luthor/Brainiac will be a convention exclusive at some point or they're doing another animated set next year though, still a lot of stuff they can make and these animated sets seem pretty popular for the target audience of clix.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 24, 2020

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I heard Diamond has suspended all shipments dated after April 1 indefinitely, so looks like we will be waiting again for that FF Starter.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I heard Diamond has suspended all shipments dated after April 1 indefinitely, so looks like we will be waiting again for that FF Starter.
I don't get the people complaining about this or general difficulties getting JLU. What would you do with the figures if you had them, right now? Go to the closed gaming stores to play in cancelled events where you can be around a group of other people in close proximity? poo poo's cancelled! Stay home!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wasn't complaining, just noting. It would be nice to have all those scenarios in the starter to play with all the downtime, though. Ah well. Still have plenty of clix to use. Thankfully my wife likes the game too.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It was more directed at the whiners over on hcr. Hate them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

My wife hates this game and my kids are driving us crazy. Someone do an online game with me this weekend for the love of god before I go insane.

Seriously though I finally managed to get a ton of Dark Phoenix and have so much stuff I wanna play and who the gently caress knows when I’ll actually be able to play a real game again.

We do it over Skype since I’m old school and don’t wanna learn how they do it on roll20.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

My wife hates this game and my kids are driving us crazy. Someone do an online game with me this weekend for the love of god before I go insane.

Hell, it's not like I'm going to have any other chance to play these JLU figures any time soon. Shoot me a PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

Hell, it's not like I'm going to have any other chance to play these JLU figures any time soon. Shoot me a PM.

PM sent