Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All that and I might not be able to go tomorrow. May have to prioritize some wife time. Oh well. We shall see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I couldn't go tonight. But next week is 500 Golden Colossal Clash - must run a 2x2 figure.

I've long wanted to run Lord Chaos and Master Order but they are kind of not great.

Is Tank Hulk still good? I've also never run that Juggernaut.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Steve Vader posted:

So I couldn't go tonight. But next week is 500 Golden Colossal Clash - must run a 2x2 figure.

I've long wanted to run Lord Chaos and Master Order but they are kind of not great.

Is Tank Hulk still good? I've also never run that Juggernaut.

Did you get a Kong iconix? Cause this event may as well be called “the judge got a Kong and wants to run him”

He’s really REALLY good

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I did not yet. May get one at the store. I will either run that or know whatever I do run will get stomped by it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

Did you get a Kong iconix? Cause this event may as well be called “the judge got a Kong and wants to run him”

He’s really REALLY good

I just looked him up and… drat. Is there also going to be a Godzilla?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I am planning to buy Kong in order to support the notion of an eventual Godzilla.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I just looked him up and… drat. Is there also going to be a Godzilla?

The closest we ever got was slattern from the Pacific Rim set just in terms of sheer toughness.

But man slattern would get pasted by kong and slattern is 100 points more! Even with Kong taking an unavoidable each time he hits them.

Oh and protip eventual kong owners. Plan on keeping him in the box or invest in a lint roller since he has real fur on his sculpt.

Steve Vader posted:

I did not yet. May get one at the store. I will either run that or know whatever I do run will get stomped by it.

If you don't get a kong maybe we can help you plan to fight against it, but it's gonna require some very specific strategies/pieces.

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 11, 2024

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wasn't able to go, but apparently 4 out of 6 players played Kong and took the top 4 spots, with a mystical Kong team taking first and solo Kong second. An anti-Kong team featuring Pegasus Cap did manage to KO a Kong once.

Next week is Next Phase sealed and I'm bummed because I realized my pre orders for that set on WK were dumbly grouped with poo poo not releasing til June. So I'm trying to see if WK will send me my Next Phase stuff now instead of then.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Wasn't able to go, but apparently 4 out of 6 players played Kong and took the top 4 spots, with a mystical Kong team taking first and solo Kong second. An anti-Kong team featuring Pegasus Cap did manage to KO a Kong once.

Next week is Next Phase sealed and I'm bummed because I realized my pre orders for that set on WK were dumbly grouped with poo poo not releasing til June. So I'm trying to see if WK will send me my Next Phase stuff now instead of then.

Yeah that was absolutely the play kong game. I was gonna suggest detectives with Iconix Sherlock and some meddling kids. Kong ain’t that scary when his willpower/imperv, and stop clicks can all be outwitted.

Pegasus Cap wasn’t a bad idea either though.

We had our next wave pre-release. Our local die wizard pulled SR Mrs Marvel and foolishly played her at full despite warnings from nearly everyone to not do so. He went 0-3.

Man that was such a good show but that character is so badly designed. Making her barrier free and one piece of blocking only would solve SO MANY issues.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

full anti Kong team had bike Blade, Miles, Ms Marvel, Falcon, black shirt Porter, and Giant Girl, with Skybreaker sword on Cap and Black Bone sword on Blade, whatever those do. Super senses on everyone.

And I can't seem to attach photos on my phone or else I'd show the image of the team.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Last tournament I ran was my 'pick an old figure, I'll make a legacy card for you.' That one is always a blast, both to see what people pick and what I can come up with.

Someone actually picked Slattern, to keep things germane to the conversation. I dropped her to 300, had her resurrection bring her to click 1 but KO her on click 3, gave her a larger Poison radius, Outwit and penetrating protection, and switched up Triple Tail Whip to have 3 bolts, do 6 knockback, and do +1 knockback damage for each square not knocked back.

Other choices were Morand's Mister Sinister (even more of a behind-the-scenes manipulator), legacy Ares (double-edged blade making EVERYONE fight better), original Magog (marching backwards through time to kill Superman a lot), and Supernova Thanos (I had a complete blast making an Amalgam card with hypertime Darkseid). For myself, I made four shared traits for the Aliens box set from HorrorClix.

One player was late, so I only got to play two rounds, but both of them went almost exactly like an Aliens movie should go. It ended up with me killing everyone but one lone hero (Magog one game, Thanoseid the other), who stood tall in the center of the swarm and eventually won despite overwhelming odds. Just a ton of fun each time.

Amongst all the heavy hitters, the Mr. Sinister team managed to take it, beating Slattern in the finals thanks to Sorcerer Supreme Beast being able to Outwit her.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That sounds awesome.

Questions: did the players get your card in advance or surprise at game time?

Could players say "Gimme Sinister for a Marauders team" and you would design toward that request?

Is there a template to easily produce those cards?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Steve Vader posted:

That sounds awesome.

Questions: did the players get your card in advance or surprise at game time?

Could players say "Gimme Sinister for a Marauders team" and you would design toward that request?

Is there a template to easily produce those cards?

In advance. I tend to announce this one two weeks ahead of time, so people can pick their figure, then I work up a draft, and we work together to polish and cost it. Some of the dials definitely need to be built around (I had a Danger built to work specifically with the danger room holograms, for example), so people need to know what they can do.

I've had all sorts of methods. Some people just give me a list of characters and have me pick one (this is my favorite; I've gotten to do Condiment King and Batman '66 this way), some have general ideas of what they want the dial to do, some turn in cards and I just tweak and cost them.

I've done this event six times so far, so have about 30 legacy cards that are legal whenever I run it. It's a blast.

I don't put in the work to make the cards look fancy for this event. Just a screenshot of the dial from Realms, and then a Word doc with the new card text. There ARE some excellent templates for custom cards out there, although I haven't seen any in the newest style yet. Here's an example of one that I've made:

You'll probably need to grab some fonts to make them work perfectly, but the templates are here, made by Sceritz on Realms.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WCRlV9q3dMHtsJ40mCbL4h2-KWyf8ZI3?usp=sharing

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So apparently nobody has pulled a K.E.V.I.N. from a Next Phase booster yet -- as in, literally nobody, at all, the only one out there seems to be the one intentionally sent as a preview figure.

This next bit is completely unconfirmed, but what I've heard is that there are none, because WizKids somehow forgot to add the figure to boosters and nobody knows what to do about it now. Which, if true, is just a crowning indignity for this collection of rolling fuckups masquerading as a set.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Heard that too, and my case just shipped today. Wonder if I'll get a perk or something.

I picked up that one Cyclops today from the store's dollar bin, and a few other XoS randos. Also a dude gave me his extra Godkiller and Mercy sword so hey.

Had our Next Phase sealed. I could have built a Mystical theme team underbuilt by 25 but I decided to run max points.

Scarlet Scarab
Harrow
Wong
Ronin
Common Kate

Went 2-1. Got stomped immediately in game 1 and couldn't roll anything. Game 2 my dice heated up and his ran cold, was able to take out his Wong early so his low range team had to come get me and got cut up. Game 3 was tight but pierced a Red Dagger bubble with Scarab and Kate finally got to make an attack, landed a good one.

I don't know all the errors in this set but I feel bad that it will catch unending poo poo because of them and the UC debacle. She Hulk show can't catch a break.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
This is the set with those silly expensive chase boosters that stores can only buy two of, right? Maybe KEVIN is in there?

We had our sealed last night, too. I got a decent core Abomaste team, with SR Abomination, Sarcen, and the common She-Hulk who Abomination was able to give the trait to. Two Willpowers and one giant Willpower, plus the token-moving trait and Abom giving out +1 attack when you took a token off yourself... it was a real solid core. I rounded things out with Mr. Immortal, who is exactly my kind of bullshit, and the shapechanger elf lady. Three Perplexes, one PC, an anti-Perplex, an Empower and Support. I felt pretty good going in.

Then I ran into Kingpin, who just blanket shuts off Willpower within 4 squares of himself, teamed with the She-Hulk who can shut down one free action per turn within 4 squares of herself, no line of fire needed on either, along with three Outwits. Turns out that you need to be able to play your team to be able to play your team. I got rocked HARD, and wasn't helped by Mr. Immortal rolling the 1 and dying immediately. I've got no clue how that Kingpin and the Abomination are the same point value. Rare Kingpin is a freaking beast, and SR Abomination is a cuddly puppy. Still, Abomaste is going to be fun to play in constructed.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

This is the set with those silly expensive chase boosters that stores can only buy two of, right? Maybe KEVIN is in there?

Nobody knows for sure. If that is the case, holy poo poo will he be SUPER loving valuable just for the rarity. An super duper ultra chase.

Side note, anyone been watching the new con LE dials drop?

Theres a King Arthur who is surprisingly beefy
Old King Thor who is a beast
And an Iceman who gives out team boosts if everyone is the same cost as him

Plus a Broadsword Construct that is actually an equipment and is pretty fun.

Morand fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 22, 2024

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

So apparently nobody has pulled a K.E.V.I.N. from a Next Phase booster yet -- as in, literally nobody, at all, the only one out there seems to be the one intentionally sent as a preview figure.

This next bit is completely unconfirmed, but what I've heard is that there are none, because WizKids somehow forgot to add the figure to boosters and nobody knows what to do about it now. Which, if true, is just a crowning indignity for this collection of rolling fuckups masquerading as a set.

Wow. That would be a new low for Wizkids, but still not surprising. This is the sort of thing that happens when you run a skeleton crew with missing bones. At least when they forgot the flight stands (back when those were a thing) on Charcoal and I think a Blue Beetle they at least put the figures in the boosters even if they gave the lazy erratum of "Whoops. Give them [BOOT] instead."

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Finally got a chance to mess around with trick arrows, using a Hawkeye and Hawkeye con plus trick arrows.

Only got to pull off one before they became priority target numero uno and were KO’d but it was glorious.

A too dangerous arrow wiping out a giant gang of werewolves led by capwolf.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I ordered a Next Phase case. USPS tracking has it coming to Charlotte (where I live) and then for some reason going back to Columbia SC, where I don't live. Trying to contact USPS has just led to error messages. I asked WK if they could do better and they said "It seems it's still in transit" which answers nothing. So maybe I'll get my No Kevin case someday. I'm mainly interest in Baby Groot chases for my wife anyhow.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Steve Vader posted:

So I ordered a Next Phase case. USPS tracking has it coming to Charlotte (where I live) and then for some reason going back to Columbia SC, where I don't live. Trying to contact USPS has just led to error messages. I asked WK if they could do better and they said "It seems it's still in transit" which answers nothing. So maybe I'll get my No Kevin case someday. I'm mainly interest in Baby Groot chases for my wife anyhow.
I bought from coolstuff and have been frustratedly watching my case do donuts in an ever-shrinking circle around my house, so I feel you. Never again with this poo poo; from now on I’m sticking with eBay. They have standards.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So it has been confirmed via pictures that the Ultra Chase Kevin can be found in the chase boosters.

So if you can get some, give it a whirl

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How do you get those?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

How do you get those?

Your store may sell them. They’re special boosters guaranteed to have a chase. They may also be prize support

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Got my case. And naturally pulled an Ammit chase with a Mr Immortal card. Great. At least the Baby Groot chases I want won't be in high demand.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Got my case. And naturally pulled an Ammit chase with a Mr Immortal card. Great. At least the Baby Groot chases I want won't be in high demand.
Got mine too. Five SRs -- Abomination, Ms. Marvel, Wong, Scarlet Scarab, and El Aguila -- and two chases -- wrestler Baby Groot and Kate and Lucky. Five SRs in 20 boosters is too few and no primes kinda sucks, but at least I got two chases, and I actually wanted Kate and Lucky, so... yay?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think I got 4 SRs - Werewolf, Porcupine, Titania, Man-Bull. Also got Chase Steve. No Primes, but full CUR otherwise. Three sets of Trick Arrows and it doesn't specify you can't use three of the same arrow, I don't think. My Man-Thing pulling luck has been lovely lately.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Apparently there are 4 K.E.V.I.N's known to exist right now.

1 From a preview where the figure was sent out via wizkids
1 from the adepticon factory set
2 from chase OP boosters.

So if you have a chance to play for or nab those chase boosters you should absolutely do it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Something tells me the next set's cases aren't going to sell as well as usual.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Tonight was Joker's Wild, my annual April Fool's tournament. 400 points, no non-figure game elements, and I make custom decks of cards that have zany effects for people to draw each turn. In addition to all of that, one of my regulars couldn't make it but let me know ahead of time, so I made 8 extra-custom cards for him that he could activate at any time during the tournament via text message.

Betweens running it locally and at cons, this was the 23rd time I've run this event. It's easily my signature tournament, and my favorite one of the year. And, wow, tonight's was a blast. I saw some highly-creative uses of the cards, and some incredible back-and-forth.

The best example I've got from tonight - Batman Beyond villains vs. Chthon and some Werewolves. The Beyond player asked 'hey, doesn't Chthon have an errata where they added a trait that says 'all successful attacks are instead critical misses?' and then played the Rules Lawyer card, which let him automatically win an argument with the judge. But since he'd said 'all successful attacks', not 'friendly successful attacks', that meant that NOBODY in that game could land a hit, and so the only damage done for a while was by Blight's Poison. Then the Chthon player played Thunderdome, which sent Chthon and the opposing character closest to its point cost, Inque, to their own separate mini-map. Since Chthon was no longer on the main map, the 'no attacking' trait wasn't in play there, and the Werewolves got a few rounds of attacks in before getting taken down by the Royal Flush Gang. Then, in an amazing bit of one-two play, Chthon's player used a Joker's Wild Legacy Card to pull two cards out of a bag of old cards I've retired, and just happened to snag No School Like The Old School, which lets you pick one figure and ignore all of its traits and special powers, which let Chthon start fighting again. Just a total chaotic brawl of cards and counter-cards.

Another highlight was in the first game, when the absent player declared that square F-8 was The Best Spot in the Universe, and whoever occupied it would get +2 combat values and Cosmic Energy. Chthon's player combined that with the werewolf that he'd given the Iconix power-up (+1 attack and defense, and -25 points) to get +3 attack and defense before even rolling the moon. That werewolf gave Carnage Surfer a run for the money. That same game ended with the Surfer player using YAHTZEE to get a pool of 5 dice to replace any roll with, and the opponent using I'll Have What He's Having to copy the card, all right before last action, so Surfer's final attack had the two of them battling back and forth with replacement dice until Surfer finally hit.

The third game had the absent player open it up by playing Krakoa Awakes, which added the old Krakoa map special rules to all the games, with the caveat that the absent player got all the points that Krakoa scored. Even though he wasn't there, he ended the round with 245 points, having KO'd Jack and Ten on one map, and actually scored the final two KO's with an earthquake on the other map to wipe out Scorpion and Ghost Rider.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

That sounds like wonderful chaos.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I’m going to agree. If I can ever make it out to an event where you’re running that I’ll have to register for it.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

I’m going to agree. If I can ever make it out to an event where you’re running that I’ll have to register for it.

First Thursday in April every year in central Illinois. I got to run it at conventions about six times, but then WizKids decided that fun side tournaments don't make enough money and stopped doing them, even though it was popular enough that people STILL ask me when I'm going to run it again at every con I go to.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Store had a big event today, 2 chase boosters as the prizes.

My co-judge offered to run it so I actually got to be just a player. I haven’t played in a big event with stakes in awhile so I was a little excited.

Format was 400 Silver.

I ran a mystical theme

Rise and Fall Blackheart at 75
Equipped with Spin and Spectral
Rise and fall Blackheart at 75
WOV Blackheart at 50
WOV King of Hell Ghost Rider
Equipped with Bucky’s Arm and assigned Chthon
WW80 Felix Faust at 30
Equipped with Nightbringer and The Liar
Black Shirt Scott Porter
Iconix Kong at 50

Sideline of Search for Ammut’s Tomb
WOV common ghost rider
Chthon
Firestorm
Gorilla Grodd
Brainiac
Scrappy Doo
Absorbing Man

Maps were Ultron’s Lair, Morlock Tunnels, and Bloodstone Maze

Tarot cards were high priestess, five of pentacles, Queen of wands, eight of cups, 2 of swords

I never won map roll.

Round 1 Versus a player who only ever signs up for events he thinks he can shark and has a terrible attitude to boot so yay.

He was playing detectives or JLU

Jarro Batman with Mjolnir
Batman Beyond
2 JLU Manhunters. One with a team up to give him stealth. Another to give him an extra action if there were enough JLU people on the board
Scott Porter who has all the keywords with Sinestro ring
Bat and Cat
Prime Batman at lower level
Some mystery cards that never mattered

In an entire round there were exactly 2 rounds of play. It was like playing shitbird all over again. He made multiple ridiculous claims and argued with the judge constantly. In the end I KO’d his Batman Beyond and Batman Prime and something else and he got nothing.

What a joy.

Round 2 versus Andy

He had mystical as well

Legacy Thanos equipped with Incandescence and lightning
Death Metal Wonder Woman
Mad Jim Jaspers
Black Shirt Porter
The time master doom with the time platform.
A nifty barrel that Andy forgot to place

Lost map, ended up on earth x stark tower.

This game went faster then the other did, Thanos even with his nerfs is still a big pain in the rear end and controlled the tempo most of the game. I lost Faust to a big EE shot when my own deck boosted his damage also lost WOV Blackheart to a lord doom charge. Blackheart turned into Scappy though and with some outwit back the Blackhearts and Scrappy were able to KO lord Doom. Ghost rider hit a pushed Wonder Woman to her stop click and next turn poisoned her for a KO. She brought herself back. I was able to bring in Absorbing man but he didn’t do poo poo. Thanos tried to MC my scrappy to hit my blackhearts but missed his attack rolls. As last action was called Kong rushed up to quake his whole team. I knew if I hit I could KO Wonder Woman with the knockback and it was sheer desperation as I was losing. I attacked, I hit. Andy re-rolled me as much as he could but I still hit. Wonder-Woman rolled a 6 on senses, I used my final community token to re-roll it. He rolled a 2. The knockback damage KO’d her.

Andy was mad. Imma gonna ride that high for a week. Though I admit it was an absolutely bullshit win I pulled out of my rear end but gently caress it I’ll take it!

Round 3 for all the marbles versus

Prime Spider-Man with Bucky’s Arm
2 ww80 flashes. One on charge click one on the outwit click
Prime evolutionary with power gem
Teen Lantern with lantern ring
Time platform doom
Sherlock Holmes
Iron Inquisitor
There was more but I cannot remember

I lost map again, ended up on ultrons lair. He used the spin ring to move ghost rider away from kong and outwitted my impervious. His Spider-Man came down and hit me to my stop click and hit me on the second click. I had already used my community token but had a tarot card that let me reroll a single d6 and that saved me as I hit my stop click imperv. Scott healed me back to a quake click and King proceeded to basically wipe out his entire team with a super quake. All that was left was a master, Kong, Sherlock, and Spidey who made his senses roll.

That was basically it. I rolled well with Faust and he wasn’t able to outwit me again and Ghost Rider and Kong took out what was left.

So I won! Yay! Maybe I haven’t completely lost my touch at high level play! Sadly the chases from the boosters were Lucky and Kate and mud Groot. I took lucky and Kate and called it a day.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just conceded a match when I realized my 200 point Moon Knight could do absolutely no damage ever to 295 point Apocalypse with Soulsword. What fun.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Just conceded a match when I realized my 200 point Moon Knight could do absolutely no damage ever to 295 point Apocalypse with Soulsword. What fun.
Does it make it better or worse if I tell you that you absolutely could've? Moon Knight can trigger his Vengeance trait if he himself is the character who was damaged, which means that every time Apocalypse hits Moon Knight, you get two attacks the next turn. And your healing is guaranteed every turn, while his is only once per turn and only if you hit him. You had a chance with that fight; more than a chance, depending on what your other 100 points were spent on.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't think I realized he could only do that once per turn. Rest of the team was Layla and Harrow with Ammit sideline. Harrow was wiped out first.

Had to play the same exact "team" again in Round 3 from a different player. It was a 300 Golden different team each round event. This time I had 50 points Kong and an all ape team. Played to time, never got him past Click 2.

Blah.

CapnAndy posted:

Does it make it better or worse if I tell you that you absolutely could've? Moon Knight can trigger his Vengeance trait if he himself is the character who was damaged, which means that every time Apocalypse hits Moon Knight, you get two attacks the next turn. And your healing is guaranteed every turn, while his is only once per turn and only if you hit him. You had a chance with that fight; more than a chance, depending on what your other 100 points were spent on.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Soulsword as printed does say he can do it every time. It was errata'd.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

This was not a matchup Moon Knight was winning. Apocalypse has 2 stop clicks in a row, and there’s no way moon knight was getting first hit. Best case scenario. Moon knight is hit to his first stop click and makes his senses roll. Then he retaliates against apocalypse. Assuming he hits with an 11 or 12 apocalypse just makes it go away with soulsword, and then assuming moon knight hits again with an 11 on 20 then yeah it sticks to stop click 1 and moon knight can moon heal to senses but as soon as apocalypse hits again that’s game as he’s top dial and doing 6 a pop.

This was unwinnable, sorry you had dinks playing at your event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

They were at least apologetic about it. Second guy was even trying to help me figure out anything I could do. Had Gorilla Boss spawning Track Suits with Empower to try and land extra hits to plink through, but he just kept racking up goon KOs and healing.

Guess I should have run a Pegasus Cap team.

At least I had a reasonably fun middle game, running an Intellgencia team with Legacy MODOK that I knew wasn't going to be good but it's fun - Mad Thinker, Leader, Red Hulk, Red Ghost. Up against a Chase She-Hulk, SR Wong, Madisynn, Blonsky, and of course Scott Porter with a Blue Lantern ring. Everybody loves their Porters. Got a triple MC with Leader but couldn't roll well enough to drop the Porter. Red Hulk got a solid hit on Jen but then got one-shotted immediately. MODOK could not spawn goons or hit, which may have changed things.

So 0-3, with 0 points scored. Fabulous showing on my part.

Weird that I've actually played games with the real Scott Porter back in LA, but I have no desire to get clix of him.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 12, 2024