Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm sad all the Mercs for Money with a minimum 1 regen didn't get something more special than regular regen. Sunday is my first game judging with the new rules and I've barely had the free time to study them so that's gonna be a fun experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Torrent posted:

It's a challenge. Just bring the PAC and rulebook, and don't assume that you know the answer to anything, as the oddest things have changed. I made so many incorrect assumptions during our sealed, last night...

I made a comment on HCRealms about giant reach targeting a square, because why would they change that? Turns out it now targets a character but also grants you improved targeting: ignores hindering terrain. That becomes even weirder when you realize Earthbound now doesn't change your size or limit your combat abilities, but it does block you from using improved targeting/movement of any kind, so a giant with earthbound is a giant who gets bogged down in terrain and can't punch people unless he can see them. Weirdly, Earthbound very specifically prevents the use of Willpower, so any figure with both on the same click can't use their willpower (like the 25 point AOU jewel). There's just lost of weird things like that everywhere that I read and don't even catch until it's pointed out.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We did sealed today, I spent most of it running between games with the rule book and PAC answering questions. The 3-0 was Thunderstrike & Uni-Mind w/Thena, second place was Thor Odinson title character with Zarko and two other Thors. They both scored more points than third place by 300, it wasn't even a contest, and were the only two to pull SRs from their boosters. With just one Perplex and getting the option of Running Shot or Psy Blast Uni-Mind dismantled entire teams while Thunderstrike provided tie up but missed way too often. Odinson was just ridiculous in his damage output but only lost because he probbed a crit miss into a crit miss and then rolled a crit miss for the followup. The teleport and heal an Asgardian was hilarious though and getting Masterson Thor out of the fray and back to Charge/Exploit let him KO way more figures than that piece had any right to for how much damage he took every game.

I grabbed two of the remaining boosters and got Uni-Mind and Enchantress, which I'm happy for but are doubles. Maybe if I add EW Chase Batman with those two I could try to get Beta Ray :shrug:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

You can definitely expect to see Carnage and some symbiotes, the meta potential of a retaliator who brings his own nasty tie-up for 10-60 points can't be ignored. Bill obviously because he offers absurd team protection. Maybe Uni-Mind but he's riskier since KOing him means you get his points plus all the Eternals he makes if you get them all; if the build is 400+ he becomes a safer bet, though I think choosing a defense via his trait could be immune to Green Arrow. With the loss of DDM anybody making multiple attacks is better, probably why Hawkguy jumped in price and I could see people hedging bets on Thor Odinson as a heavy tent pole.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tonight we had a 1000 point The More the Merrier game, where the rules of themed teams apply to everyone on your force regardless of keyword and you're encouraged to play as many figures as you can. I opted to try out a team that I couldn't do otherwise, the Astonishing Avengers, aka Magento's hodgepodge villain group gathered to kick Red Onslaught's tuchus.

UXM U Magneto & Sabertooth, Mystique
Deadpool Merc with a Mouth
GG205 Dr Doom
95pt Absorbing Man
Con LE Loki
TMT Enchantress
ASM Hobgoblin non-prime
CW Jack O'Lantern
SFOS Carnage

Round 1 vs AvX starter X-Men at full. This was against a newer player still figuring things out so I guided him somewhat. I moved up but too close, he took the opportunity to 1-2 punch Deadpool with Slim and Mags right off the bat. I followed up with Loki mind controlling the pair of them; Cyke took a failed shot at Namor and ran up towards my front line, then Mags moved up and bopped Cyke in the kisser. Sabertooth charged in to KO Cyke but only rolled 2 on blades against Magneto. I had Mystique bump Magneto down the map so Doom could blast him, getting doubles so poor Erik was bouncing around like a billiard ball. Colossus, Namor, Emma, and Magik move up while Mags blasts Sabertooth. I use Enchantress to shuffle everyone one step closer and in a cluster then blast them with EE from Jack O'Lantern, with only Magik and Emma taking any damage. I TK up Carnage and have him slice at Emma, but she makes Impervious, and Absorbing Man tags Magik and ends based with Namor. Enchantress Mind Controls Colossus who bops Namor onto Flurry. His turn, Namor Flurries and KO's Sabertooth and Absorbing Man thanks to Outwit and a crit hit. Colossus smashes Carnage and it's my turn. Enchantress shuffles everyone and Loki MC's Colossus to go kill Magneto right as time is called.

Round 2 vs Wakanda: Throne Panther, Shuri, Wakabi, shifting focus and marvel knight Panther, Man Without Fear, Man-Ape, White Wolf, Iron Rocket Man (he was low on points) and a boatload of generic warriors and Hatut Zeraze. He won map and we went to Wakanda, we both moved up and he took a potshot on Enchantress with MWF but missed. I had Mystique run behind the closest Hatut and force blast him towards my squad, where Carnage picked him off. Sabertooth got the stat bonus from his trait and Magneto TK'd him up, Enchantress shuffled everybody into a line and Sabertooth ran up to start slashing, KOing three of the five figures he attacked. Deadpool attacked a warrior and got a fifth plot point (having gotten one turn 1), as did Loki but neither attack stuck. The generics surrounded Sabertooth and he fell to the death of a thousand needles. Marvel Knights Panther ran to my back line and based Magneto while White Wolf, Man-Ape, and Shuri closed in too. My turn Deadpool KO'd one of the Hatut next to him, Loki MC'd Man-Ape to kill a warrior, Absorbing Man slapped MK Panther, and Doom and Jack KO'd Man-Ape (Doom rolling 10 while copying Brotherhood so no token, very Doomlike). Rocket ran up and shot Jack, a few other attacks missed, and his force cleared. Deadpool used his ultimate ability to shoot everybody in range, 12 figures all told, and landed a crit hit. Seven generics died instantly, Shuri and Mk Panther missed their Super Senses, so they along with Rocket, White Wolf, and MWF all took 3 damage. Doom and Absorbing Man finished off MWF right as time was called.

This team was a blast, I got to pull off some great tricks with Sabertooth and Deadpool, and Enchantress is ridiculously potent. I had thought her power was a power action until I was ready to use it, the fact that it's a free action is beyond insane, she was the absolute backbone of my team. Doom is as good as I remember, but he was a great example of how good the new Brotherhood TA is, if you're rolling hot then you're going to dish out a lot of damage. MC's changes were a lot of fun; very streamlined and simple, no wasted action if I fail to breakaway from a lesser target because at least I can still punch that guy if I fail. Of course, getting to control two figures worth 350 points with no penalty seems kind of absurd. The more I play with the new rules the more I enjoy them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

...huh.

Pieces who TK for free are very interesting now.

Note that you still cannot use TK after being TK'd, so they need to place themselves first or the second one is illegal.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm trying to put together an Avengers team following a theme of legacy characters who've taken on their own 90s name. So far I'm at Thunderstrike, USAgent, and War Machine. I could add Scott Lang Ant-Man but he doesn't quite fit the naming convention and I'm stymied for anybody else who does. Got any ideas?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Steve Vader posted:

Monica Rambeau has gone through several. As has Genis-Vell, both former Captain Marvels. Plus Phyla-Vell, for that matter, although she may have only been an Avenger in another dimension.

Hawkingbird.

Oh drat, Monica is perfect! Thank you! For the record, I couldn't recall what her AOU figure was called and had to go through Pulsar and Photon before remembering it was Spectrum; girl is fickle with her code names, to be sure.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

The UXM Rare and Chase are pretty good. The UXM Rare is an economical 90 points with the ability to give anyone ESD. The chase is capable of quite a bit of damage with his Scrap Mechanic.

037a Magneto from UXM a nice TK/Barrier/Secondary attacker with a mean trick if he gets in your starting area

For a long time the GSX SR was the gold standard of Magneto's for me. He's aged a bit badly though.

Honestly he's probably gotten some improvements with the rule changes. With good rolls another Leadership like Mystique can keep him going, and he can TK himself now so he isn't stuck being a turret. Still a glass cannon but he has more tricks than he did a few months ago.

Morand for your detectives, the second additions could be KC Batman and Magneto; high powered offense with another Outwit, Sidestep/TK and a flier for mobility, Mags for an extra attacker in a pinch. Conversely TW Bats at full, but you lose the benefit of a flier.

Week three additions: GF Strange, SLOSH Riddler, ADW Moon Knight, Ace. Three more Perplexes plus whatever you want Ace to have, a versatile attacker in MK that's difficult to put down, another flier who hands out ESD like candy. It's 10 points under, so if you wanted you could drop Moon Knight for a 100 point attacker and use an old DEO Agent with second click Perplex and only be 2 points under.

Week four: Chase Question and LE Nightwing. Punch everything.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So it turns out I want virtually every SR and most rares from Harley, combined with decent to amazing Primes whom I'd like but don't necessarily need, means that for the first time in a year and a half I bought a brick. It turned out very well, with Bombshell Zatanna, King Shark, Giganta, Shazam, and Barda as my SRs, Chase and prime.

I was super stoked to not only get a prime and Chase (Barda came in the same pack as King Shark, which seems like a common combo if Facebook posts are to be believed) but that it was one of the two primes I really wanted. Shazam is nifty but I'm not sure what to do with him; I don't play Justice League much and a 200 pt Mystics/Pulse Wave figure is about as far from my play style as you can get. Hopefully I can trade him for a Bat-God, probably the only Chase I'd actually bother to track down unless Grail went super cheap.

The paint in this set seems phenomenally good relative to prior releases too. King Shark in particular has a Man-Bat level gorgeous sculpt, but his paint is perfectly applied. It also looks like there's actually a wash of some kind on certain figures like Shark and Shazam, they have definition I'm unused to outside of custom work.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tonight we played a game we haven't touched in a few years: No Whammies! The judge provides a special red die that's added to all attack rolls, and instead of regular crit hits and misses you have the following rules: a red die matching the lowest of the two regular die is a crit miss, and matching the highest is a crit hit, even if the attack would otherwise hit or miss regularly. Rolling a natural 6-6-6 instantly KOs the hit figure, and 1-1-1 instantly KOs the attacker. Once per game each player may declare one attack to be rerolled but you can use prob or otherwise alter dice.

Round 1 I played a Fly Baxter, regular Baxter, six Mousers and three Mouser Swarms. I went against a Star Trek hodgepodge that also needlessly had Nighthawk prime shoehorned onto it. He slowly sniped my dudes with his Lt Kyle TKing out shooters but I kept making more Mousers, eventually I was up in his face and he crit missed a few times and I got a bunch of Tribbles. Right as time was being called I was making an attack on Mirror Universe Spock and got 666, which was just enough to put me over on points for the win.

Round 2 I played Queen Bee with two hive commanders and a bevy of troopers New and old featuring at least two full REVs of the old ones. Queenie provided Sidestep and made two worthwhile Bee Drones and did nothing else all game against Slosh Lex and Toyman with an army of toys. We played the dark dimension and he managed to get a teddy bear to teleport into my base and hit everyone with a pulse wave; in return I made a Bee Drone and sent it to tie down a gaggle of toys, three of which crit missed to death attempting to kill it. The 8 range on the vets was too far for him to handle and eventually he moved Lex up to where the commanders could get enhanced psy blasts off and KO him in two shots. At the end one lone Monkey was all that remained against the Bee swarm. That Sidestep makes the older figures so useful, especially the smoke cloud rookies with all the stealth.

Round 3 a federation team of LE Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Chekhov, Sulu, Scott, Kyle, Chapel, and a red shirt vs TT GL, LE Aquaman, LE atom, and Guardian. Uhura stole GL TA and I mass carried my team up, then he moved Aquaman and Atom close. I blew up the object Atom was standing on, triple perplex'd Chekov's attack thanks to Scott's salvage, used Spock's trait, and shot Atom just for him to roll a 6 on Senses. In retaliation, GL chose EE and went for a running shot that missed. He used his once per game reroll and got 111 to instantly KO himself. Aquaman pushed to charge and would've KO'd Sulu but the red shirt did his duty instead. I pushed to dismantle Aquaman and knock Atom down a few clicks, then Atom KO'd Sulu while Guardian Quaked Chekhov. Lots of Perplexes to attack and damage punched through Guardians reducers from my lesser mooks to KO him, and Spock got a nerve pinch on Atom for the final KO and a 3-0 victory that netted me a sweet Mr. Mind...I mean Skeets.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm going to steal some of these wrestling events for sometime soon because gently caress I miss our wrestling/clix league.

We had a 600 point resources allowed event the other week, I used Klingons and a Red Lantern battery; one of each of the Away Team Klingons except for the named Uncommon dude (the "Enterprise is a garbage ship" guy and a Bekk, who I had on the sidelines) plus the Butcher-possessed Neg'Var, basically the only Klingon ship from Tactics that wasn't outright terrible. I don't recall the specific play-by-plays but basically I'd dole out constructs, snipe with Neg'Var, then abuse the hell out of Empower and the Captain with HSS. The traits of the Commander and Captain are absurd and makes a decent team into a self-healing push battery, especially when I would roll a 10 on a push to Charge/Blades with a Lt, then roll to heal the push damage and remove both tokens. Good dice make that team a nightmare, and I never even made an attack with Kor to use his plot points. Kang's Barrier was ridiculously useful to shut down Tyrant in one round and M10 Iron man in another. The battery slowed the team down a ton though so I'm eager to try them on their own merits and see how quickly they can tear through opposing forces.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Steve Vader posted:

Oh, man... I hadn't thought about using Tactics ships to represent death from above while the Away Team fights on the ground... do I need to get an Enterprise and a Romulan ship? I've never paid attention to Tactics before.

Romulans were far and away the best Tactics ships; lots of Stealth and modifiying powers, their TA is budget Precision Strike before that power even existed, and most of their ships have good to amazing stats for the points. Supplementing an away team, or vice versa, would only improve an already amazing force.

The Federation gets shafted on air support though, as the away team figures have the Starfleet Keyword and the ships have Federation so you can't make an actual themed team. That said, the Federation ships have a wide variety of quality options and make the second best force to use in regular clix matches after Romulans.

I wish the Borg and Dominion were better than they are but there's a lot of awkward dial design and flagging values on most of those ships that keep them from seeing their full potential.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Did my pre-release last night, we opted for three boosters and 400 point teams. I ran with chase Iceman, Moira, first class Angel, an X-Student on TK, and X-Factor Cyke and Beast.

First round I had problems because we played on the Tholian Web Star Trek map and it took me three turns to kill Darwin after he based Iceman and a bunch of others. It was a tie until last action was called and the guy rolled double 5s with his Xfactor Cyke to blast Angel off the face of the earth.

Round 2 he had title Prof and sat in his starting area gathering tokens and healing with x-Men, I said gently caress that noise and TK bombed Iceman out to blast Prof for 5, then easily mopped up with the bonus damage from KOing him. Those clones make excellent attacks when they're tagging people for 3 a piece.

Round 3 vs a deadly team of prime Emma, Gateway, first class and Xfactor Cyke, Mindee, and rare Prof. Again I buffed Iceman to ensure Xavier died on turn two, but he had the high ground and made work of my Cyke. It was a long back and forth but the support I had for Iceman and lots of good Leaderships from Moira ensured Bobby was turning giant and blasting someone every turn. Eventually I whittled down his team to last click Mindee, who managed to kill Beast, Angel, and Moira before I put her down.

This set was fun sealed but not the best time I've ever had. There's a lot of different traits on similar figures and people we're constantly confused about who did what. I'm more excited for the constructed teams I have planned, and for X-Men ID cards.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I ran my venue's sealed today, and as expected Kid Gladiator with a little support is unstoppable. He had two Perplexes and TK backing him up and the guy never lost a figure, he could one-hit KO most everything and easily got +3 stats all three rounds. Every other game was close or evenly matched, but KG absolutely ruins the balance of sealed.

On the upside, I pulled chase Jean which makes me happy, except having her means now I've gotta track down a bunch of the UXM chases and their prices all shot up in the last month. I should've grabbed them last year when they were $20 a pop except Magneto.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red posted:

I really wish the Flock of Bats had the Batman Family keyword, but I guess I understand why they don't. Maybe at least give them the 'they don't break theme as long as you have someone named 'Batman' on your force'.

Fun fact! Under the new rules, Flocks of Bats qualify as Bystanders (page 33 of the rule book, they're on a small base with printed stats and no clix base), so you can run them on a Batman team til your heart's content!

ManiacClown posted:

Man. It's never a good time to be broke as poo poo, but this entire year is an even worse time HeroClix-buying-wise. Who's the colossal cave-hobo?

Ego Prime apparently, when a living planet incarnated himself as the Christian God wearing denim cutoffs

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 20, 2018

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm a big X-nerd and got two cases of Xavier's School which I finally got to open today: two chase Iceman, prime Emma, Magneto & Moira, two each of Wolverine, Cyclops, and Gateway, one of every other SR except Magik, regular Emma, and the title characters, and nearly two full CURs. I haven't had such ridiculous luck with a set since Arkham Asylum I think. Definitely worth the price paid for me, plus I forgot how fun it is to break open a big case or two of boosters.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was tempted to check out ours but it was constructed and I've lost my taste for 300 Modern. If it was sealed I'd have been there in a heartbeat. I saw Thor Odinson/Sam Cap with a X-Men Teleported won one and a Weird team won another, I appreciate the wide variety of teams performing well this year.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I hope you become the first hat trick Champion! I wish they'd offer more figures at WKOs again, I'd love to have a chance to win Gwenpool or DKR Joker.

Anybody have ideas for a 400 point Easter team? So far I've only got White Rabbit, Egghead, and Gardener. I could add Black Talon for a chicken/egg connection, or a Gorn, claiming he's holding the boulder from Jesus' tomb, but either way I'm still underbuilt and at a loss for other figures.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I wound up running Chang Tzu, White Rabbit, DC Egghead, and Superman. I only used them one round because it would be hard to top a round where Rabbit made every shape change and kept three people tied up every turn after the first, Chang Tzu got off a crit hit energy explosion, and Egghead managed to capture Superman Blue in an Elaborate Deathtrap and managed to live long enough to actually KO him with it! I never actually expected to succeed at that so it was worth it for that alone.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

One of the world's teams from last year or the one before had wanted God Doom to be their figure, I'm holding out unlikely hope that they got to do it, considering Hasbro made the first FF figures in a long time last year.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve done both local pre-releases and out of ten boosters the only things better than a rare I’ve pulled were Cosmo and the common prime, apparently I used all of my pull luck on Xavier’s School.

Also did kind of lovely during the games themselves, having never pulled a single figure with Outwit, Perplex, or Prob and facing Outwit on every team. The C Vision is an amazing first strike piece, until they counter his defense power outright and he dies before you get a second turn with him. Tony Stark’s car is loving solid and potent as hell, I look forward to using it with Happy Hogan behind the wheel.

Of the things I’ve faced:

-Infinity’s trait is a massive pain in the rear end, especially for low movement Running Shot pieces as she cuts their threat range down by two squares
-Living Tribunal is ridiculous even at lowest point value, having to wade through an entire team just to deal with the guy sniping you from 13 squares away is an exercise in futility
-Unseen is just as frustrating as Balls of Fury, but in a different way; like Living Tribunal he just sits in the back being an rear end in a top hat, and when you finally roll up on him he peaces out and lays down Smoke to hinder your approach to him. A 9 square Outwit/Prob is such massive board control and it’ll be difficult for most teams to ever handle him, he’s definitely going to see high level play
-Hulk hits like a planet but even with two stop clicks at 150 I was able to nickel and dime him to death, and those pitiful defense values end dial mean any palooka with 3 damage or precision strike can take him out

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

On the bright side I was informed that Inque and Zatanna, SRs who got previewed today, are numbers 061 and 062, so my previous assumption (SRs usually stop at 060) was wrong. Maybe not thirteen chases, but still quite a few!

At least nine so far as Robin is 63. There’s so many villains that will be my go to for years to come for Arkham/Gotham Underworld teams in this set it’s ridiculous, it’s a shame most of them so far are SRs but that does mean they’re more amazing than they’d be otherwise.

Here’s a question for y’all: for three of the four weeks in July we’re doing themed games where you choose one character and they have to be on all your teams in some form or another; the three formats are named theme, generic theme, and one keyword away (adding them to one named theme team for a keyword they don’t possess, for the universe they’re from).

Which character would you choose? Ultron and Batman have already been chosen, I was leaning towards Terror since I love him but I don’t want to burn myself out on the 2.5 versions of him we have, so I’m thinking Captain America/Steve Rogers because he has a lot of variety of point values and power sets.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We did a special 600 point three booster AI game, my three big figures were Master/Order, Eternity, and Thanos. My dice were cold and I wound up going 1-2 but I think I won the night regardless.

On a related note, I have an extra Eternity and Thanos I’m looking to sell so I can get a case of Batman, also Chase Iceman, Uni-Mind, and Enchantress w/Mirror, if anyone is interested.

Red posted:

So I pulled a chase Donnie clix with a chase Raph card.

How boned am I?

You better hope somebody pulls the inverse error you did and you can just swap cards.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I just asked my store to save some Batman to use as sealed, at least for month one. It tends to draw more people around here than constructed and I’m not terribly creative. That the prizes are ID cards and only myself and one other guy ever use them locally with any frequency will otherwise keep turnout low.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

So I have a 600 point event coming up Sunday. There's no prize and I'd like to play something fun but I am suffering from choice lock.

Anyone got any cool ideas? I just got a gordon batman and was trying to make something I liked but just couldn't. Thought about doing the 80's Turtle Villains, Something with the Spider Buggy, etc.

All ideas welcome.

You could try the USAvengers:

Squirrel Girl
AI Iron Patriot
AI R Captain America
LE Cannonball
AI Red Hulk @ 200

I did it at 500 with Rulk cheaper and it was a lot of fun, lots of ranged protection early game so your bruisers and short ranges and Squirrel Man can get nice and close, maybe just find a decent use for the last 10 points, possibly something to help shore up Rulk’s attack that isn’t equipment since he’s Giant

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Considering it was scheduled for Nov/Dec of this year it seems really late in the production cycle for such a massive and drastic shift. I wonder if stores complained to WizKids at the Alliance Open House about not being able to move boosters and this was their response; for the record TOS are the only five figure boosters still on the shelf at either or my two regular venues. It makes me sad and upset that it’s going to be so much harder to get now, I would’ve spent a hell of a lot more on bricks than gravity feeds, especially since Secret War and Earth X aren’t exactly lighting my fire as sets.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We had our pre-release today. Witch Queen LeFay put in a good showing, but nothing could put a dent in the Battleworld: Other team of Maestro, Big Boss Hill, and a Thanos Duplicate. The dupe would fall every game, which is exactly what Hill needed each game to swoop in and tag the opposing tentpole before it fell to Maestro. Two Barons meant lots of stat bonuses for each other, or stat reductions on the Weirdworld figures. Surprisingly the only thing to damage either of those two was 1872 Iron Man, who rolled hot and had Hill in the ropes.

I didn’t get to play but I bought some boosters and pulled Odin, Thanos prime and Spider Hulk, so I was pretty stoked. By the by, the sculpts in this set are particularly good, even amongst the CUR there’s a ton of detail work.

There’s definitely some problems with the dial printing though, a lot of the navy looks straight up Purple, so make sure to check your cards lest you confuse shape change for CCE or mastermind for willpower.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It was apparently stated in a Two Clicks from KO podcast and the details are on The Broadcast Show Facebook page: ROC is now being fully sponsored and supported by WizKids; cash prizes will be gone and replaced with nationals/world’s qualifier seats, ROC points are being retooled to be non-transferable, and ROC maps will be officially sanctioned at WizKids events and there will be an exclusive ROC map club.

I’m honestly surprised it took this long for WizKids to work out a formal deal with ROC, it’s a ready made tournament scene they just have to drop prizing on and they’re set to jet. It’ll be interesting to see if official prizing and big tournament spots make up for the loss of cash prizing for attendance.

In actual figure news, the ExoSpex and LE Rogue prizes from the WKOs were previewed: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600337
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600294

I’m surprised it’s Mjlonir Rogue and not AoA, and those glasses are going to be in a lot of builds

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next week is our Halloween game and I’m trying to think of figures for use on two teams. Team 1 is mostly set as “classic monster heroes” with Capwolf, Man-Spider, vampire Captain Marvel, Franken-Castle, and zombie Iron Man. Without doubling up on any monsters or characters, am I missing anyone? There’s lots of zombie options but Iron Man gives me flight and Perplex (and Frank’s point value precludes zombie Hulk) and I want to play Carol over any other vampire.

The other team is monster hunters but I don’t recall: does anybody get particular bonuses against monsters beyond Witch Hunter Angela, Iron Slater, Elsa Bloodstone, Frank Drake and Blade?

I was also considering an Eight Legged Freaks team of Man-Spider, Spider Island Hulk & Iron Fist, and Doppleganger, but I couldn’t think of any other humanoids with eight limbs on the sculpt (not counting Doc Ock).

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 26, 2018

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Actually the Advocate is perfect because I was trying to think of somebody possessed and had forgotten about Matt & the Beast, and he’s just enough points to let me use Headpool for a zombie and an even 500. Thanks!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don’t suppose any of you fine Clixers would be interested in buying an AoA Iceman Chase? I kind of boned myself and forgot to budget for some bills.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

You could also do Kree who got a healthy boost of figures last year. Supremor and Live Kree or Die! Ronan buff everybody, Kree Sentries to support your Lieutenants and Privates, and Sentry 459 who will get ridiculous mobility with all the free actions to shuffle him and should never take push damage with his Isolate your Genetics trait. Maybe like:

Supreme Intelligence 550
Sentry 459. 350
Ronan 275
Supremor 200
Dr Minerva 125
Kree Sentry x4 300
Kree Lieutenant x2 90
Kree Private x5 125
Total 2015

Or adjust points on the big guys to suit your desired number of generics!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was pretty on the fence about it when it looked to be just an Earth X set, but all the Spidey stuff is right up my alley and changed it from a singles set to at least a brick. I need me some of those Spidey baddies, especially Goblin (that Glider will probably fetch more than anything else in the set) and Abner Beetle, whose last appearance in that armor was Sinister well over a decade(!) ago. I’m surprised that Tinkerer’s debut figure just makes objects and doesn’t affect or create equipment, seemed like his niche to a T.

The Hydra also look like fun and I’m surprised they got as much love as they did but it’ll make for a fun swarm, especially if Madame Hydra has some kind of conversion mechanic.

The chases I don’t care about much, they’re fine but honestly kind of milquetoast all things considered, it seems like the symbiote and venom-verse traits carry them for the most part. Captain Marvel is an interesting ultra chase but I think in the majority of games he’ll be little more than an average ranged attacker; that one time in a big multiplayer game that he resurrects half the board will be ridiculous though.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So it turns out I need that Captain Venom hardcore, as will anybody and everybody who’s ever run a Monster team.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ManiacClown posted:

They're selling some old buyable ConExes for half off. Keep checking because apparently some things are cycling between in and out of stock.

I snagged Sinestro and was going to get another surfboard Batman to have a second shark, but the shipping jumped from $10 to $25 for $24 worth of figures :lol: gently caress no

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

On the plus side, Sinestro got here in two days and they threw in Tigra and Colossus ID cards, so color me impressed on that front.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next week we’ve got a 1000 point game with bonuses for running fewer figures; what’s the most viable 1k figure? Think Anti-Monitor or Starro will still hold up, or perhaps Zombie Galactus or Thanos?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

If you have him, Original Galactus still holds up to the point where playing him isn't even fun.

Unfortunately I don’t, that Cosmic Multiattack would be killer.

I do have Dark Phoenix Cyclops though, and he’s a top contender too since his multiattack dealing penetrating skirts the restrictions of the older colossals and in a 1v1 fight his stop click makes him virtually unkillable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Just in case there was any doubt the Dark Knights Metal would be the chases for Rebirth, enter The Murder Machine: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9107742&postcount=580

That’s going to be a very costly set of chases that everybody is going to want all of