Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

I'm serious because I only subscribe for east coast stuff and now the west coast is so bad they're making th east coast play poo poo with them and it's miserable

Drew leaving and Dan moving at around the same time was the point where I tapped out. I'm sorry Jeff and Ben but you cannot carry the main group on your own. Drew's new thing fuckin rules though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

doingitwrong posted:

So what’ll you do in the game now? PvP? Raid more? What’s fun about the game for you now that you’re reaching the end game?

Milestones give you enough incentive to at least play for an hour or two for a few days every week, at least until you hit 305. I just hit 285 after playing on and off for the past couple weeks, it's a good game to just shoot the poo poo with other people or listen to podcasts.

CJacobs posted:

Drew leaving and Dan moving at around the same time was the point where I tapped out. I'm sorry Jeff and Ben but you cannot carry the main group on your own. Drew's new thing fuckin rules though
You should give the East content a try imo, they put out enough stuff each week that's really entertaining. Abby rules too.

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 30, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Controversial opinion, but I like all the current GB crew and think they add to the site. Shocking, I know.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

This is inscrutable.
part of it is that ff14 has a pretty consistent iconography for how mechanics work so its hard to follow if you don't know that like for instance an arrow pointing at someone means the group needs to stack on them to split damage, and v3s in particular is kinda hard to read by design because her gimmick is just throwing the group a series of visual logic puzzles that you have to quickly read and solve. like early on she targets one player to be stacked on, and 3 other players to do area damage to the group, and also 2 pairs of players that will swap positions immediately before the damage goes out, so the puzzle is to look at where you are and who you're connected to, and figure out where your partner needs to end up

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

So what’ll you do in the game now? PvP? Raid more? What’s fun about the game for you now that you’re reaching the end game?

I’m probably pretty done with non-raid content, I think it’s ok to eventually stop playing a game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mordja posted:

Controversial opinion, but I like all the current GB crew and think they add to the site. Shocking, I know.

i'm really into dotta 2 and passionate defenses of poor ui decisions that turn out to be bugs is there a giant bomber for me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in the normal version of that fight she puts everyone in a chips challenge maze and if you don't escape the maze before she finishes her tea you die lmao. its a very easy maze though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
giantbomb is a podcast for the blind

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I’m probably pretty done with non-raid content, I think it’s ok to eventually stop playing a game.

Yeah I mean, (not referring to anyone in this thread) I think it's pretty cool and good to have a pretty, well-made Pew Pew spacegame I can fire up and play whenever I want without having a fit about what I "need" to do.

quote:

If you have other games to play, and a lot of other stuff in your life then you shouldn't be trying to get into a game that marketed itself as an MMORPG-FPS with a rich story, MMORPG's and RPG's require the player to take time to progress their character in order to get better weapons/gear/abilities/skills etc. people like that aspect of RPG's and that's what keeps people playing. This game essentially took that aspect of the game and dumbed it down to the point where there is little to no progression in the game, the only thing that changes as you level up or "progress" are the numbers you see after shooting an enemy. They took out stat-rolls on items and gear, changed and cut the stat and skill system down, and made exotics watered down common drops that don't really do anything special any more. They did all this for "balance" in a game where the PvP was already subpar and received little to no attention from the community, and they somehow managed to dumb that down and cut it up to make it even worse. This game doesn't know if it wants to be an MMORPGFPS, a halo reskin, or call of duty (thanks activision.) PvP is bad, the PvE is ok but not as good as D1, the lore is still missing, the story is still missing, then endgame is still missing everything people loved about D1 is gone but everything that was hated is still here. The only thing this game does well is the atmosphere. It's accessible atmosphere for idiots.

I mean just lol at "if you have a life you shouldn't be able to get into this game"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

al-azad posted:

This guy nearly killed himself making the game.
Scott was really cool to meet at the Pittsburgh DSA, really nice guy and I really appreciate NITW since its very much set in Southwestern PA in those depressed dying steel/coal towns.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The music minigames in Night in the Woods were bad

I wanted to read the lyrics but no, I had to play bass!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Golf Story is extremely cool and fun and charming and stylish. It's Mario Golf + Earthbound. 15 bucks on switch buy it if you got one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

The music minigames in Night in the Woods were bad

I wanted to read the lyrics but no, I had to play bass!

Just play your heart out and go look up rad covers later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JuvjsjezWs

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Even with Persona 5 and Mario Odyssey, they're still a good chance Night in the Woods will end up being my GotY

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

An unreleased game probably shouldn't be a GotY contender just yet?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Panicnl/status/913948507676991489

Good people on both sides.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The song minigame in NitW ruled ok

Except the solo in that last song which can gently caress RIGHT off

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

An unreleased game probably shouldn't be a GotY contender just yet?

I mean, maybe it will will be a huge let down but I doubt it and if you've never paid attention to my posting (for which I wouldn't blame you) I am not usually​ the most positive towards Nintendo

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ah, Pearl gets the wrong choice this time?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

No, Pearl got the right choice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Put it on however you grab it and dont think. Dogmatism is bad for you

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, while I still have a handful of sidequests, some post game stuff and some dlc to play, I feel comfortable saying that Gravity Rush 2 is in fact a bad game. It's not the type of bad game that makes me mad but rather the type that makes me sad because it really could have been something special had they not hosed up so much. They're are elements I tally like but even those come with negatives while and on top of that there's is a bunch of stuff that is just bafflingly bad.

Oh well. Don't regret playing it but I don't suggest anyone else bother.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Toilet paper standing on its end on top of the tank

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Plunger stuck to floor tile. Tube on handle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bidets

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo are gonna have keep close eye on the not-miiverse art for this Splatfest, aren't they? This is just about for trouble.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Real hurthling! posted:

Plunger stuck to floor tile. Tube on handle

Plunger stuck to underside of toilet lid. tp unspooled into giant pile in the sink

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm choosing to believe that this is canonically what happened before super metroid

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Plunger stuck to underside of toilet lid. tp unspooled into giant pile in the sink

Yeah with an angry diabetic cat sitting on it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i used to roll over the top but then i was taught that only villains roll over the top. if you ever meet someone who rolls over the top then you know they're either evil, or an imposter

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

The White Dragon posted:

i used to roll over the top but then i was taught that only villains roll over the top. if you ever meet someone who rolls over the top then you know they're either evil, or an imposter

If putting the roll flap over the top makes me evil, I'm a drat supervillain

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought this was only an argument people had in simcity 2000 newspapers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Only three things are guaranteed to rile up the goons: anime, food nomenclature, and TP

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cowcaster posted:

i thought this was only an argument people had in simcity 2000 newspapers

I think it was a thing on Facebook last year too, one of the TP makers did a marketing thing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Every time I see someone try to show me something that's supposed to make MMOs look good, it always makes them look terrible

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Digirat posted:

Every time I see someone try to show me something that's supposed to make MMOs look good, it always makes them look terrible
nah I realize its not a vid that's going to make that game look good, not trying to sell anyone on the game, just contrasting super simplistic destiny encounter design to ff14/wow

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Only three things are guaranteed to rile up the goons: anime, food nomenclature, and TP

pineapple on pizza

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i'm choosing to believe that this is canonically what happened before super metroid

That's a good samus drawing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What kind of garbage human being hangs the roll behind? Sorry Marina, but you're wrong.

• Locked thread