Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/ondoruragitan/status/903586171313369088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Top of the page, even. I'm so sorry guys but I have to share the pain or else I'll be cursed forever

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a pretty good month for games I'll buy on sale next year...

That is every month for me!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Raxivace posted:

They named the ninth month of the year September.

It would be the seventh month, as its name implies, if it weren't for two narcissistic Romans

homeless snail posted:

no one says NES like that stop joking

Isn't Ness named after the NES

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am hyped for Cook Serve Delicious 2 coming out this month
God, this year is good for games :D

I hope it has a good theme song! I kind of want to play it with a controller, I saw the PS4 interface for CSD1 and it seemed more fun the same way Diablo 3 is more fun on PS4

Jay Rust posted:

I can't really justify spending money on games right now, so I've not been paying much attention to gaming news over the past few months, which in turn means that I'm out of the gamer loop and feel a little alienated. I'm still spending plenty of time playing games, but mostly old ones like Deus Ex, some Metal Gear Solids and most recently Baldur's Gate. I can't participate in the jokes and goofs in these threads anymore

I feel like this thread talks about Metal Gear every week, I know I'm always happy to.

My September will consist of Mario+Rabbids, finishing Zelda :geno: and Splatoon, until the last week of September when I will binge on all the PS4 games I missed this summer. Also I need to sell my PS4 copy of FFXV so I can get the PC 170 GB edition

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know if it's this one but with one of medals the enemies have already gotten there before you and it's in a weapons crate on a truck after you kill them all

There's no puzzle or anything and I think Nadine is like "drat they got here before us, where could it be"

But if you solved a puzzle/had to do platforming and there's no medal then yeah idk that's probably a glitch

I'll double check before I restart, but as I said, I got no comment about it being missing, and I also got this thing where I reloaded my save and the wall came back, but when I blew it up, it would get blown away but I couldn't go through it and the medal still wasn't there.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?

I don't know how good it is but I think it still has waggle

In general nmh honestly wasnt really the greatest game though.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ys!!!!!!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

It was fine aside from the framerate bizarrely cratering in a few spots

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I dont have any marijuana left and the birds away all weekend so I'm going to gaze longingly at a pile of games then get drunk on red wine, full on meat feast pizza and rowdy on rocket league.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Man, playing through Bioshock I'm reminded once again what a tremendously disappointing way the twist is executed.

It turns out all the gamey poo poo like fetch quests and other menial tasks you've been doing have been secret coded orders given to you via a key phrase and hypnosis, the key phrase being "would you rather?" The first time I played the game, I did not know of any twist, though I guess I could see it coming because I've played System Shock 2 and Bioshock is bizarrely similar, but when it happened...well, the way it could and should have happened would have been letting the player realize it for him/herself. Imagine, maybe the dude just says, "Would you rather?" and let's it hang, and then it dawns on you, and wowie what a twist! Instead, you literally fall into a room where it's literally written out for you all over the walls with accompanying pictures so you can't not get it, you stupid, stupid gamer and just in case you're a complete moron he goes on to describe it to you in an overly long monologue about how, in case you didn't get it, you've been a pawn, did you get it, you're a puppet, by the way it's a key phrase and you don't have any free will, get it? It's an illusion, get it? DO YOU GET IT ISN'T THIS A NEAT TWIST tell your friends

VVVV What did I say? Oh. Right. Hey, speaking of that, I just saw a movie called "Would You Rather?" and it was a real trainwreck.

credburn fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 1, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

credburn posted:

Man, playing through Bioshock I'm reminded once again what a tremendously disappointing way the twist is executed.

It turns out all the gamey poo poo like fetch quests and other menial tasks you've been doing have been secret coded orders given to you via a key phrase and hypnosis, the key phrase being "would you rather?" The first time I played the game, I did not know of any twist, though I guess I could see it coming because I've played System Shock 2 and Bioshock is bizarrely similar, but when it happened...well, the way it could and should have happened would have been letting the player realize it for him/herself. Imagine, maybe the dude just says, "Would you rather?" and let's it hang, and then it dawns on you, and wowie what a twist! Instead, you literally fall into a room where it's literally written out for you all over the walls with accompanying pictures so you can't not get it, you stupid, stupid gamer and just in case you're a complete moron he goes on to describe it to you in an overly long monologue about how, in case you didn't get it, you've been a pawn, did you get it, you're a puppet, by the way it's a key phrase and you don't have any free will, get it? It's an illusion, get it? DO YOU GET IT ISN'T THIS A NEAT TWIST tell your friends

Actually it's "Would you kindly"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think anyone ever accused Ken Levine of subtly.

Also it's 'Would you kindly?'

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Would you rather play BioShock or a good game

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

bioshock was a really good case against Ron Paul for president

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bioshock 2 is the best one

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
BioShock was s good game, not an excellent one and not one that lived up to its potential but the savage goon backlash over it is 100% :allears:

Although to be fair most of the criticism was for infinite which was convoluted, pretentious and had special magic powers which I've almost totally forgotten about.

Macarius Wrench fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 1, 2017

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
oh my loving god I'll be playing a new Metroid game in 2 weeks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Bioshock 2 is the best one

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed playing that one the most just in terms of combat. Minerva's Den also seemed to have the best storytelling though I only engaged with that secondhand through video

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'll double check before I restart, but as I said, I got no comment about it being missing, and I also got this thing where I reloaded my save and the wall came back, but when I blew it up, it would get blown away but I couldn't go through it and the medal still wasn't there.

Yeah I guess it's a bug or something then, that sucks. I don't think there's ever a wall in the one I'm thinking of because it's already been blown up

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

omg he's so fat and small :allears:

Gecco Co., I do not agree with your $299.99 number, but I will give you $5 for this lizard

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bioshock 1 is ok but it's pretty much impossible for me to replay it because the combat feels so bad

none of the guns have any impact at all and it doesn't even have system shock 2's justification of being more of an rpg because the way it's presented is just as a regular fps

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

are there any good video game memes, by gamers for gamers on the horizon for September? august and july were such good months

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Counterpoint - i dont think ive used a better videogame crossbow than the BioShock one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

No More Heroes isn't a game where you waggle the controller, your attacks are all button based it's just whether they're high or low depends on how you aim the controller. It's actually pretty nice if not simplistic. I mean I guess the QTEs were motions but they all work.

The PS3 version I believe ran shittier and had a different graphical style or something but also had stuff that referenced the second game so YMMV.

A Spider Covets posted:

omg he's so fat and small :allears:

Gecco Co., I do not agree with your $299.99 number, but I will give you $5 for this lizard

They can't just give the titanite away.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This months gaming meme will be *drumroll*

unnecessarily inserting pumpkin spice into video games!

Get in on the ground floor of this up-and-coming meme today!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

This months gaming meme will be *drumroll*

unnecessarily inserting pumpkin spice into video games!

Get in on the ground floor of this up-and-coming meme today!

this memes got moxie, its gritty. a real lunchpail meme. a pro's pro

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i played sonic mania last night

it was extremely good and the stages / bosses are choice

also lol cuphead is coming out this month, until it doesn't and gets delayed again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no more heroes 1 ps3 looks kind of ugly and doesn't seem to fix any of the issues of the wii version but i've also never heard of any major issues with it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

No More Heroes isn't a game where you waggle the controller, your attacks are all button based it's just whether they're high or low depends on how you aim the controller. It's actually pretty nice if not simplistic. I mean I guess the QTEs were motions but they all work.

The PS3 version I believe ran shittier and had a different graphical style or something but also had stuff that referenced the second game so YMMV.

They can't just give the titanite away.

There was waggle to recharge the sword though which was very necessary. Not sure how that was done on PS3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

boy are my arms tired posted:

i played sonic mania last night

it was extremely good and the stages / bosses are choice

also lol cuphead is coming out this month, until it doesn't and gets delayed again

i'm sad that game's development seems to have been pretty majorly hosed up by ms making them put in what will probably be really crappy levels instead of just making an oddly stylized boss rush game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition was one of those 0/10 worst games ever along the lines of Halo and Half Life 2.

Dai sucked on launch day and not just hindsight

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I gotta be honest having played it again recently I don't see where the praise for Minerva's Den comes from. I thought it was easily the worst bit of BioShock content before Infinite came out.

Like does anyone even remember the name of the villain in Minerva's Den without looking it up? Or what any of the areas were named or looked like? The only real memorable thing about it, other than its okay twist, is like the Spitfire minigame IMO.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I kind of liked the way the motion controls were implemented in NMH 1 and 2. Very simplistic but it felt like it added a little emotion to the gameplay

MY SPLEEN

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It would be the seventh month, as its name implies, if it weren't for two narcissistic Romans
Once again the 1% ruins everything.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm watching some videos of Destiny 1 and I'm getting the itch for D2. I think I can hold out until a sale though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

There was waggle to recharge the sword though which was very necessary. Not sure how that was done on PS3

Oh. Yeah. Duh.

But at least there's also ways to replenish it with items in the environment so you end up not doing it as much as you'd think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Actually I don't want to be the bearer of fake news. July and August were actually renamed from "fifth month" and "sixth month", respectively, instead of pushing September back as I had previously thought.

This poster regrets the error.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Did this rabbidt agree to be foreverially tied up?

e: I just realized he has a chocolate egg as a ball-gag :wtf:

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

Oh. Yeah. Duh.

But at least there's also ways to replenish it with items in the environment so you end up not doing it as much as you'd think.

The DS3 had motion sensors* so waggle would still be an option (don't know for sure if it was, played the wii version).

*Excuse me, ~sixaxis~

• Locked thread