Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

When even the Iraqi government is handling this issue without resorting to violence you know you're probably going about it the wrong way

The Iraqi government isn't quashing Kurdish separatism through violence because they can't, not because they don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
I live in Georgia, ant secessionist movement here would treat me as a second class citizen, if a citizen at all, I pretty much depend upon the feds for what little protections I get.

drat right I'd be cheering on someone stopping that from happening, at least until I get to move to a civilized section.of the country.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Last time Quebec had a referendum the government let it happen, but sent a whole lot of people to tell us that they loved us, please stay.

Independence defeated by less than a percentage point, people moved on and now 20 years later the movement is pretty much dead except as a bogeyman in English language media.

Violence isn't known to calm down people.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
3/4 ain't bad!

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airplane-mode/investigation-launched-serious-airbus-a380-engine-failure-n806301

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jesus. That's really, really not supposed to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I'm just going to shut this down while Dead Reckoning is making one of the most bizarre devil's advocate arguments I've ever seen. Maybe one of y'all wants to post a new current events thread before he figures out the perfect OP that turns everyone into a frothing lunatic.

• Locked thread