Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It's September, which means everybody is stuck watching the lovely players their club ended up with last night at 11pm until January.

If you want to talk about transfers, take it to the La Liga thread. Transfers are the only thing keeping that awful league relevant.

Three games into the season and it's looking grim, everybody. Manchester United might be good again. It's loving terrible. And they have a relatively easy month ahead of them.

What's worse is this month starts with an international break, as if we didn't have enough of that garbage in the summer. The next set of fixtures takes place on the 9th. Here's a list of what might be entertaining this month:

Liverpool at Manchester City on the 9th
Huddersfield at West Ham on the 11th
Brighton at Bournemouth on the 15th
Arsenal at Chelsea on the 17th (Early kick off)
Everton at Manchester United on the 17th (Late kick off)
Tottenham at West Ham on the 23rd
Manchester City at Chelsea on the 30th (Late kick off)

A full list of fixtures can be found here: https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im happy that my best team liverpool football club are second in the league after three games played

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: "We're in good form after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Going to my first every 'big' football game in a couple weeks - Arsenal Bournemouth. Sanchez is gonna be gone isn't he :(

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Kaddish posted:

Going to my first every 'big' football game in a couple weeks - Arsenal Bournemouth. Sanchez is gonna be gone isn't he :(

The transfer window is over

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

EvilHawk posted:

The transfer window is over

Sweet, I was reading an article a day old, didn't realize it was literally yesterday.

So what can I expect from this game? I'm American but casually watch soccer in several leagues. I've been to NFL/NBA/NHL games but it seems the football crowds get a bit more rowdy.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
gently caress Man Utd imo

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kaddish posted:

Sweet, I was reading an article a day old, didn't realize it was literally yesterday.

So what can I expect from this game? I'm American but casually watch soccer in several leagues. I've been to NFL/NBA/NHL games but it seems the football crowds get a bit more rowdy.

Have you considered going to Millwall instead?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress Man Utd imo

:agreed:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Blasmeister posted:

Have you considered going to Millwall instead?

Actually we did consider doing a championship league game but I figured gently caress it, might as well do the big leagues.

I couldn't get tickets to Chelsea

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Oh good a new thread in which I can melt down.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Just so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle

the ox posted:

We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

[quote="“Gigi Galli”" post="“475979747”"]
Just so this doesn’t get lost in the shuffle
[/quote]

Incredible

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't want to ruin people's parades but I'm pretty sure this is fake

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Did he actually say this? I need to figure out how much I need to lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

blue footed boobie posted:

Did he actually say this? I need to figure out how much I need to lol

It was posted by the godawful @AnfieldHQ twitter account and almost immediately deleted.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I want to believe

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Am sure glad u guys convinced me to sit out pool spurs after the excellent transfer window by liverpool

- An American

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Waroduce posted:

Am sure glad u guys convinced me to sit out pool spurs after the excellent transfer window by liverpool

- An American

You're welcome, Ayn.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Waroduce posted:

- An American

You made that awful choice on your own

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Tbf I'm quite excited and it means my dad can go

I'm hopeful I don't get stabbed by a 12 year old and if I have service I will live post

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Waroduce posted:

if I have service I will live post

please, don't.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

It was posted by the godawful @AnfieldHQ twitter account and almost immediately deleted.

all of the 'big' twitter accounts are godawful

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Kaddish posted:

It's the Emirates, son. Sit in silence for 90 minutes with a look on your face like you're waiting for a text about a family member in hospital, and then boo loudly at the end. Buy a vegan quiche at half time. Try and get a photo with that Arsenal fan with the neck tattoos who hates Arsenal.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Waroduce posted:

Tbf I'm quite excited and it means my dad can go

I'm hopeful I don't get stabbed by a 12 year old and if I have service I will live post

You should get some irl friends to talk about your boring holiday with imho

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Waroduce posted:

- An American

We even deliberately left ourselves short in defence to make the games extra entertaining for neutrals.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Andreas Pereira has gone on loan for the season to Valencia.

Can't wait for injuries/suspensions to happen when we play a game every 3 days and the only guys we can bring in are Carrick and Fellaini. :eng99:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Loic Remy transferred on a free from Chelsea to Las Palmas yesterday.

I forgot Loic Remy existed.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

FullLeatherJacket posted:

It's the Emirates, son. Sit in silence for 90 minutes with a look on your face like you're waiting for a text about a family member in hospital, and then boo loudly at the end. Buy a vegan quiche at half time. Try and get a photo with that Arsenal fan with the neck tattoos who hates Arsenal.

the emirates crowd is easily 100% the quietest stadium which is good for me cos I live by it. be sure to accost the guy in the gunnersaurus costume who i think might be stan kroenke

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That's actually the exact opposite of what I wanted from a Premier league game.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Kaddish posted:

That's actually the exact opposite of what I wanted from a Premier league game.

Go to Millwall if you want atmosphere, every big London club is just a tourist trap

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Watching Liverpool's preseason it seems obvious that they're the best team in the Bundesliga

FullLeatherJacket posted:

The DT / Troopz meltdowns will never not be funny, but did you see Troopz AFTV interview where he just stares sadly at nothing? You really feel for the guy. For a second.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-S8-hX0upY

look at that face. look at it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I can't watch more than about 10 seconds of Arsenal Fan TV. Post a clip when one of them punches another, until then, meh.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The guy who runs it must be loving arsenal melting down he's got Ladbrokes sponsorship now

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Does anyone watch AFTV for any reason but to laugh at Arsenal fans? It is the worst poo poo.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

wicka posted:

Does anyone watch AFTV for any reason but to laugh at Arsenal fans? It is the worst poo poo.
It's always been that, they're in on the joke and are making that Betfair money or whatever it is now

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

wicka posted:

I like Robbie and I admire his entrepreneurial spirit.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Why else would someone watch another teams fan channel if not schadenfreude? Watching DT lament that "against us every keeper turns into Manuel loving Neuer" sustains me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Why else would someone watch another teams fan channel if not schadenfreude? Watching DT lament that "against us every keeper turns into Manuel loving Neuer" sustains me.

arsenal fan tv doesnt exist for arsenal fans

• Locked thread