Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Andreas Pereira has gone on loan for the season to Valencia.

Can't wait for injuries/suspensions to happen when we play a game every 3 days and the only guys we can bring in are Carrick and Fellaini. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Byolante posted:

Claude's rants about losing 1-0 away to Stoke 3 years apart is hilarious to watch. Same complaints both times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XOJ7lA6fNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTb2AZg_xR4

The guy who comes up to the camera 28 seconds into the first one lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

pik_d posted:

Then they can just do a United "Oops now where did that fax machine go? I know it was here somewhere..."

It was an "accidentally password protected" PDF or something IIRC.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hehehe

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Jose loves a bit of throwing a young player under the bus

quote:

Mourinho has revealed United have the option to recall Pereira in January, but admitted he did not want the 21-year-old midfielder to leave Old Trafford in the first place.

"Andreas' (loan) was a personal decision, a decision I don't agree with, what I don't think is best for him," Mourinho said.

"A decision that disappoints me a bit because he has the potential to be here fighting for his position, fighting for opportunities, to be a Manchester United player.

"His decision can be considered as a young player who wants to play every weekend but also a young player that is not ready to fight for something difficult and it is difficult to play in Manchester United's midfield.

"You have to be ready to fight for your position and I am a little disappointed. But OK, it was his decision, he has a long-term contract, we have an option to bring him back on January 1 so we have that situation under control, it is not a drama."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Let me get this straight. Palace hired a new manager this summer, and then sacked him now after just 4 games? Did he rape the owner's dog or something :confused:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Did anyone post about the lovely anti-semitic chant that fans of the chels made for Morata lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

qsvui posted:

no, do tell

"A Chelsea spokesman said: 'The club and the players appreciate the fans passionate support away from home, of course, but the language in that song is not acceptable at all.

'I've spoken to Alvaro about it. Alvaro does not want to be connected with that particular song in any way and both the player and club request the supporters stop singing it with immediate effect.'"

It went something like "Morata came from Real Madrid, he loving hates the yids"

Probably just referring to Spurs supporters who call themselves yid army, but still...

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

EvilHawk posted:

"just referring"

Chelsea fans know exactly what they're singing (as do any fans that sing about Spurs using that word).

I had a feeling I was giving them too much credit.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Us Chelsea fans have agreed to switch to "He scores with precision, he hates Zionism"

lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

lol, source?

Why do you do this? Please don't discourage seriousposting.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
It's too early to say anything about Pogba's injury.

"I don't know if it is 12 weeks or 12 days, honestly," said the manager at his post-match press conference, following the 4-0 win over the Toffees.

"Any comment or any new rumour is totally wrong because we don't know if it is 12 weeks or 12 days. The player was diagnosed initially after the match because of the conditions of the muscle and the bleeding. The decision was one more week to wait to see really clearly in the scans, that I mentioned, of the injury.

"Nobody in this club spoke about 12 days or 12 weeks. Not at all. In the hamstring, it's a normal procedure and we wait a few more days. So it's completely nonsense information."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

It's a poo poo chant. Should have used Falcao's instead.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Klopp's win rate at LFC is worse than Moyes' at Utd. (52.9% vs 50.5%) :allears:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Well, Moyes did have a better team and only had one season. I bet he could have had a higher win percentage if you guys just stuck with him.

Uhhhh I hope you are just joking here

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
How are the chels able to get £53m for Diego Costa at this point :thunk:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
"Man United want to identify fans who sung Lukaku song at Southampton

Manchester United have accused supporters who continued to sing a controversial chant about Romelu Lukaku at Southampton of "disrespecting the player's wishes."

The club have asked for CCTV footage of the away end at St Mary's to help identify the fans who sang the song, which has been condemned by anti-discrimination group Kick It Out, during the 1-0 win.

A United spokesman said: "Manchester United has a zero tolerance stance on offensive chanting and behaviour.

"The club and player have been clear in asking for an end to the chant.

"The club has worked with relevant bodies and supporters groups in trying to eradicate any offensive behaviour and will take further action against individuals if this continues.

"The club is in discussion with the police and has asked for CCTV footage from Southampton and will try to identify those who disrespected the player's wishes not to sing the song."

Yeah... identify all of them. :rolleyes: It was pretty loving loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Vardy is an idiot. Putting every single penalty down the middle.

• Locked thread