Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It sorta feels like Liverpool actually 100% think they can just do whatever they want after Suarez and now Coutinho going their way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

tarbrush posted:

Not if the players have release clauses

Then they can just do a United "Oops now where did that fax machine go? I know it was here somewhere..."

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Spurs new stadium is pretty nuts.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/905744331776167936

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

T Bowl posted:

Yes jokes are fun but you guys do realize that probably retracts slower than a snail like the retractable roofs on stadiums like my beloved Indianapolis Colts home Lucas Oil Stadium.

The clip says it takes 25 minutes to switch. Also the idea that it wont be seamless is pretty silly. Those semi-real turf pitches are already sections of turf put together, this will literally be no different.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

When have refs ever been consistent about anything though?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Vegetable posted:

On what grounds would the card even be rescinded? The rules are inherently unclear and the refs get discretion. At this point it's a feature, not a bug, that different decisions are made about similar scenarios.

They weren't trying to get the card rescinded, just the length of the ban reduced.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

The only difference is that the mane one had a keeper in it.

That's not the only difference though. Mane had the last amount of control (look at the position of the other leg), Mane was moving the fastest, Mane put his studs into someone's face.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Insurrectionist posted:

can't see poo poo in the second one but the Ritchie one should possibly be red (hard to see from a still) and the Reid one looks like it's shin swinging up towards face rather than studs charging directly towards face which is hugely less dangerous, though it certainly should be at least foul imo

I don't know why CyberPingu made it a small version but here's the full image:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

His eyes were also on the ball the entire time. 9/10 the keepers never run out that quickly to the ball or that far out of the area. Im not arguing the fact that it wasn't a bad challenge but it was completely accidental.

I agree with all of this to be fair. However I should point out that Ederson is known for coming out quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Starsnostars posted:

The idea of Crystal Palace having to turn to Carlton Cole to lead their line because all their strikers are dead is very funny.

Weren't they linked with Iheanacho in the summer?

• Locked thread