Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«43 »
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Conor should have to attempt jump onto the plank from a standing start once per quarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think Donor will draw with anyone so it's kind if pointless to debate who might add an extra arbitrarily imagined number of buys due to a narrative, and I also can't bring myself to care about Conor vs Nate 3 when it's much more interesting to see both guys fight anyone else in a non rematch. Furthermore I am not convinced Conor will return to active MMA competition anyway so whatever.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Donor is washed up after superman 3. He can't draw a loving dime.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Conor v Nate 3 shouldn't happen because I don't care about it and the fight will look exactly like the second one, but it should happen if it gets Nate five or more million dollars.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Online!
Stayin' Raw and
Keepin' it Real!

I missed the card yesterday, is it worth watching?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

By looking far out into the 209 we are also looking far back into time, back toward the horizon of the universe, back toward the epoch of the Stockton Slap.

great big cardboard tube posted:

absolutely not

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Did Struve at least fall down in a funny way though?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

Khabib earning his paycheque in Fallout 4

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

El Roncho posted:

Can we open a separate thread for wholly unknowing people who want to endlessly and pointlessly pontificate on WME/IMG's financial state?

please. there were like ten posts immediately before this one that i had to read multiple times to tell whether they were keven-style funnyposting or sincere idiocy.

they were all sincere idiocy

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Lid posted:

Are you just starting your playthrough, my dude.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Lid posted:

Radiation poisoning as a future AKA injury excuse is something I wouldn't put past them.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lid posted:

Yes, I used to be a UFC fighter like you, then I took an injury to the knee. Also I can't make weight, my elbow is broken, and my dad won't let me fight Turks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

kimbo305 posted:

Are you just starting your playthrough, my dude.

i give bethesda games a year before they've sorted out the most agravating bugs

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

Yes, I used to be a UFC fighter like you, then I took an injury to the knee. Also I can't make weight, my elbow is broken, and my dad won't let me fight Turks.

Khabib got a doctor to pull him out of his last fight because he was going to need the towel to make weight but God extremely does not want anyone except his wife to see his weanus which is why he showers in his underwear at AKA

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

Look at those little otters, lil cuties

Is the UFC dying? They got no stars

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I am Otis posted:

That was pellegrino who was a black belt and Nate was a purple if I remember right

Nate said he actually liked Pellegrino when their fight was announced but said he was a hissy little bitch and wouldn't shake his hand after he tapped him.

Nate should want 20 million, it would do big numbers. Showing highlights of Nate choking him out, have Joe Rogan going all bald man intense talk times on the promo "A laaaaaaattta people BE-lieve Nate Diaz won that second fight". They got my 50 bucks.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

Kaddish posted:

I love Nate but does he really deserve +/- 20 million to fight Conor?

Discuss.

They quote's off by .9

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No need to apologise when I am right, like usual.

Agreed they should give Nate 20.9 million.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sector Effector

Zzulu posted:

Is the UFC dying? They got no stars
It turns out the UFC died when SEG went bankrupt and Dana has just been president of its ghost all along.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Agreed they should give Nate 20.9 million.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

I enjoyed the majority of the card but I actually just enjoy watching fights and don't really concern myself with viewership numbers and "stars" like some strange combat sports twist on a celebrity fetishist.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

Look at those little otters, lil cuties

Same, except bumfights

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

It was pretty good but not "OMG GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW"

Volkov/Struve was good and Volkov winning was pretty cool I guess. Siyar coming back from a layoff and getting a good finish was also pretty nice to see as well.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

There's a fake tweet going around about Anthony Joshua fighting Overeem in the UFC and people are legit discussing how that fight would go.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

"You watched a UFC card that didn't even have Conor McGregor on it?!? Jesus you might as well watch Bum Fights!"

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

willie_dee posted:

There's a fake tweet going around about Anthony Joshua fighting Overeem in the UFC and people are legit discussing how that fight would go.

MMA rules? pretty quickly. for all his flaws overeem is extremely good at tossing a bitch to the side and pulverizing him

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also very good at kneeing you in the balls so hard you'll have to have them surgically removed from your neck

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Online!
Stayin' Raw and
Keepin' it Real!

El Roncho posted:

"You watched a UFC card that didn't even have Conor McGregor on it?!? Jesus you might as well watch Bum Fights!"

Who are you even posting at

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

Who are you even posting at

The people who post incessantly about WME'S financial health and clutching pearls at the 'state of the ufc' by affecting the posting style of the millions of people that watches a ppv for mega star personalities instead of Frankie Edgar and Robbie Lawler.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Frankie is so good. Any word on when we're getting Frankie/Max? I assume it won't be on 217, that card is too top heavy as it is

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

Memento posted:

Frankie is so good. Any word on when we're getting Frankie/Max? I assume it won't be on 217, that card is too top heavy as it is

Don't know but if he beats frank you can pretty much crown max champ in perpetuity because there isn't anyone left that can conceivably beat him imo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

Don't know but if he beats frank you can pretty much crown max champ in perpetuity because there isn't anyone left that can conceivably beat him imo

What if Conor gets dysentery

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

Max hasn't fought KZ or Ortega, both of whom are top 10 and coming off of good wins.

But KZ is always injured.

spb
Nov 11, 2013

Ortega owns

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

ortega does owns, that's a good point. I bet he could jiujitsu max

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

ortega vs holloway EBI 14

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

You're a credit to your community!

Ortega is not that good and probably won't ever be legit top 5.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm too dumb to get probated

tesilential posted:

Ortega is not that good and probably won't ever be legit top 5.

Wrong and bad and also you're an awful person

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

list of featherweights better than Ortega:
- Conor McGregor
- Doo Ho Choi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The UFC and Reebok are making a big deal about new fight uniforms for title fights and for all main events, starting this weekend. Looking at the pictures, the difference looks really subtle, couple new colors, some highlights on the right thigh, but thats it. They are also going to have customized Reebok walkout t-shirts, I guess.

• Locked thread
«43 »