Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He facefucks himself with inflated condoms

For the record, this is not a joke post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

i dont care about any of these fights

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Rigel posted:

PVZ wants to move up to 125 because she doesn't want to be destroyed by Joanna someday the weight cut is apparently brutal for her.

This will not save her as Joanna is coming for the 125 division as well.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

i dont care about any of these fights

cant blame u

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Yeah I might sleep thru these and watch the highlights.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I'm not even joking, theres a 125lb womens div?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Nierbo posted:

Not quite yet. The new season of Ultimate Fighter is running a tournament to crown the first title holder. So like she did with 115 Joanna will come afterwards and take that belt too.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Who is Ray Bork?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Guy who misses weight half the time

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Trast posted:

Not quite yet. The new season of Ultimate Fighter is running a tournament to crown the first title holder. So like she did with 115 Joanna will come afterwards and take that belt too.

that sounds sick.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I hope mj wins but if rayborg wins i guess it would be good for the thread

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Borg is cool

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I am Locutius of Ray Borg. You will be bored for half an hour. Resistance is futile.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:thejoke:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Nierbo posted:

that sounds sick.

Joanna has been one of the advocates for 125 because the cut to 115 is hard for her too. I believe she kickboxed at that weight for most of her career.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

eshock posted:

That's what I got out of it. Holdsworth looked like a real solid prospect the year he won TUF, and hasn't fought since because of mysterious concussion issues. That loving blows if this story is true.

He was carrying damage through training and into fights and getting hosed up more there:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/17/8225561/post-concussion-syndrome-has-kept-chris-holdsworth-out-for-nearly-a

This is what I can find first-hand about the knee incident:
http://mmaimports.com/2017/04/holdsworth-breaks-down-dillashaw-cheap-shot-that-lead-to-eventual-retirement/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Wait, I thought "rayborg" was ray elbe's married name

lol

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Work Friend Keven posted:

I am Locutius of Ray Borg. You will be bored for half an hour. Resistance is futile.

lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

What did TJ do?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Iaquinta retweeted this

https://twitter.com/MMARoasted/status/905497443898294273

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just checked my playstation and it's true actually, all the buttons are listed as "realise Al Iaquinta sucks"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Rigel posted:

PVZ wants to move up to 125 because she doesn't want to be destroyed by Joanna someday the weight cut is apparently brutal for her.

No don't that's where Bec fights now!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Embedded 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jER7eQKf0RY

Skip to the 7 minute mark or so for MMDJ doing his Dom Cruz impression. I look forward to tomorrow's news that his ACL has vanished without a trace.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

What did TJ do?

hit chris holdsworth, a man with 90 concussions, with a knee to the top of his head after sparring.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

Embedded 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jER7eQKf0RY

Skip to the 7 minute mark or so for MMDJ doing his Dom Cruz impression. I look forward to tomorrow's news that his ACL has vanished without a trace.

Right before that, he shows the crew his pathetic streaming rig

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Grem posted:

No don't that's where Bec fights now!

That's a lovely and wholly indefensible gimmick you got there.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Holdsworth and TJ Grant should be penpals.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Wise Learned Man posted:

I mean, if TJ Grant existed and wasn't just some mass hallucination of this forum circa 2013.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Wise Learned Man posted:

TJ Grant was a special talent

sucks for them both

isn't TJ a potass miner now?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Nierbo posted:

There was one fight in it, involving Jojo Caldwerwood, the adorable Scot and second best Joanna in the division, and LeTourneau.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I am Otis posted:

TJ Grant was a special talent

sucks for them both

isn't TJ a potass miner now?

I remember predicting that Grant/Maynard would be a close fight. It was not. Grant smashed him in about two minutes with a bunch of sick elbows.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

There was one fight in it, involving Jojo Caldwerwood, the adorable Scot and second best Joanna in the division, and LeTourneau.

Valerie basically lost via Reebok incompetence in that one - her top didn't fit for poo poo and she kept having to fix it mid-fight.

Not that she was probably going to win anyway, but it sure didn't help.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

Valerie basically lost via Reebok incompetence in that one - her top didn't fit for poo poo and she kept having to fix it mid-fight.

I don't know if it actually ended the fight, but there was a bit where Jojo kicked her squared in the face, only to get her foot tangled in Valerie's top. It felt like something a studio boss would insist on putting into a women's mma film, to get some sexiness, only for the scene to be cut when he realised how much it didn't work.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A women's 125 division will still be more compelling than light heavyweight and cyborgweight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Memento posted:

She did have some troubles with her top, but it isn't why she lost the fight - she took a kick to the body that caused her to wince, turn her back and wander away, and Calderwood chased her down and dropped her with punches.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Memento posted:

I think Valerie getting her rear end thoroughly kicked was more of a factor

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Trast posted:

A women's 125 division will still be more compelling than light heavyweight and cyborgweight.

No it won't. The only fighter anyone wants to see fights in another weightclass

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Women's 125 is a loophole to get Roxanne Modafierri back in the Ufc

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

vainman posted:

Women's 125 is a loophole to get Roxanne Modafierri back in the Ufc

Gonna be real sad when she gets wrestlefucked by Barb Honchak then.

Again, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Glad to see UFC getting Schevechenko's name out there at the Alberta Aviation Museum

• Locked thread