Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Not in this court.

So far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

n8r posted:

I want Jones to get cleared because he's awesome to watch fight.

If he was good at playing with friends he'd be in the NFL like his brothers.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I have the physique of a professional fighter.

OK Rounda. Take it easy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think they have figured out it is not 1 jillion interim belts that fans want. Baby steps.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Recently been ducking a fight against every professional fighter, presumably because I'm a pussy.

I knew it!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

GSP is the Michael Jordan of making money from not doing his sport.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

The shorter the suspension the fewer times we have to see DC fight random middleweights before Jon tries to beat his time trial record.

For getting caught by USADA or suspended by the UFC for bad driving?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mark Hunt tweeted

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/mark-hunt-if-i-die-fighting-thats-fine/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Novum posted:

This makes me feel sad

It's hard to disagree with a lot of what he said

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hunt makes a fair amount of sense when he encounters an editor during his fleeting moments of lucidity. I hope he has some kind of superstar student coming up or a solid gym or something, because during his dark days he tried a bunch of lovely business ideas that failed and he has about 10 kids and still needs to fight for money.

He called it an interview. It does seem more like a collaborative essay. I'm sort of curious what the process was.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I thought UFC fighters were independent contractors. That's not the same as a nine to five in terms of working for the man.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't disagree. I am no labor lawyer but it does seem like the UFC gives themselves a pretty big advantage in negotiating.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You aren't allowed to work anywhere else until the contract is up except in that we can fire you any time. Suck it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Super informative. Thank you both.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Should put to rest the Diaz doesn't draw talk if it happens.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

attackmole posted:

So you're saying he's a UFC fighter.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's rude to say

Wick wick wack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am Otis posted:

Ya that's what I meant. Steroids didn't make him, they helped him I guess but no matter what I think he would've been champ.

I guess we'll never know.

• Locked thread