Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

wooger posted:

Look at these loving things: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/5/16254838/reebok-introduces-next-wave-of-ufc-gear-including-ufc-legacy-series

Interesting choice, adding jizz stains to all the fighter outfits.

Good news for the fighters, if they cum mid-match now the referee won't be able to tell and disqualify them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Memento posted:

Valerie basically lost via Reebok incompetence in that one - her top didn't fit for poo poo and she kept having to fix it mid-fight.

Not that she was probably going to win anyway, but it sure didn't help.

She did have some troubles with her top, but it isn't why she lost the fight - she took a kick to the body that caused her to wince, turn her back and wander away, and Calderwood chased her down and dropped her with punches.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

JHomer722 posted:

I should know this, and I refuse to google it, but is Nick Diaz officially retired?

The UFC offered him fights against Robbie Lawler and Demian Maia this year but he turned them down, so he's not actually retired but he will never fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I feel bad for all of the fans who were so hyped up for the big Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg fight. Huge loss for the UFC.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

eric posted:

Couldn't he fight in some Asian promotion that won't give a poo poo about his ban or on a boat in international waters?

No, because he's still under contract with the UFC. He can't fight anywhere else, regardless of his suspension status, unless they cut him loose from it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

LobsterMobster posted:

:qq:

JT$ got hit with a potential USADA violation

gently caress THIS DUMB SPORT

The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption

(immediately fails a drug test)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

nwo hatchet man posted:

What is an Alex Reyes?

It appears that he hasn't fought in 2 years, Platinum Mike on three days notice is a hell of a comeback fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
He's already done one event, he reffed at a Gladiator Challenge event in August.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

handsome only face posted:

didnt werdum lose his commentary job off some instagram comment poo poo before

Yeah, that was because he posted a photoshop of himself wearing a Nike fight kit and telling Reebok to suck his balls.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
OSP vs. a short notice fat Okami could be an insanely boring bout

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Nice involuntarily somersault from the dead body of Moraes.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've never heard of either of these guys before but that was a cool round

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Well that's probably it for Hector Lombard

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Hopefully this Reyes guy does a Groovy Lando style performance on late notice against Platinum Mike

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Well he'll get brownie points for doing a three day notice fight and get to return to his real weight class at least

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Yeah, they should do that. Lawler vs. Platinum Mike

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Jst0rm posted:

i hate when they do these kind of fights. clearly not the right weight class and it messes the records up.

Their other option was to not do a fight at all because Thiago Alves dropped out three days away. The UFC loves when guys step up on late notice so Reyes bought himself a few fights at his real weight class, and Perry's training camp doesn't go to waste.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I.N.R.I posted:

i remember branchs last fight being a little tepid i think. i cant remember his opponent

He fought the guy who got knocked out by Uriah Hall earlier, Jotko. In a very boring fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Good for Rockhold, going the distance with the World Series of Fighting guy that nobody knows or cares about wouldn't have been a good look

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

It's really sad how they continue to bully this courageous woman.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My favorite Tim Kennedy thing was when he encouraged fans to send him their addresses on Twitter so he could ship merch to them. When they did he revealed it was a trick and that they were stupid for giving an army ranger sniper their address as if he was gonna go to their house and shoot them to death.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's confirmed for UFC 218 on December 2. Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis on the same card is in the works too.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/913178423350124544

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Werdum has always been a jerk but people just thought it was funny when he was doing it to people they don't like such as Travis Browne and Edmond

• Locked thread