Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm gif probst *farts* That's my PR I have to fart a lot *farts*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Does no millers mean no posters who are inherently scummy even if they're town? Looking at you, Hal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to make some games everybody will be RAVIN' about.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think I killed Kash, hello friends.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Content Game:

If a mad scientist were going to fuse you together into an unholy abomination comprised of you and another poster iit, who would it be and why?

Another PLAYER or another POSTER

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somber ain't scum. KB's reaction is weird. Bif is also not scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

flerp posted:

ahhhhhh poo poo theres 27 post anjd i cant even hit the 7 kye ths poo poo is gonna be hard

Accurate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

I went to breakfast and it was so busy it became brunch. That's my story

Whoa whoa whoa, flerp already claimed that he was me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

What's weird about it?

And what makes you think I'm not scum?

Look this is where I shoot from *points to hip* I shoot from the hip, Bif.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

after sleeping on it some more, I would also like Keane to try and explain why he doesn't see Somber as scummy. Cause I think he looks at least a little scummy.

His leap right outta jokephase seemed nice at first, it could be quite townie to drive serious content like that even so early on D1. But just because Somber claims to personally hate jokephase doesn't mean he should sound like he's ignorant of it existing at all.

If he couldn't tell who KB's role was, Somber could have at least been able to tell from context that KB was continuing some joke about his person having "spreadsheets" as a character trait. Then assuming right away my "do me proud KB :buddy:" post must be buddying up? And calling my direct and very detailed answer "obtuse"? For what reason, just cause it had strikethrough on it? And again, he couldn't pick up any clues from context as to why I was using that to make a joke, during the period of jokephase that is is mortal enemy?

Reads like someone who was trying real hard to find anything to call scummy by any means possible.

##vote Somber

Nah, reads to me as someone coming in aggressively to try to get a game going. Don't see it as scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Fair enough, what about KB then?

Got any shoot-from-the-hip reads on flerp or Birb for that matter?

None on birb, obviously Keane is a town role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Well I am Mad About Football.

Who scum?

Football bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Seems kind of racist against spanish-speakers.

This is the best post of the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

thank you for helping us rid the town of scum. have you had a chance to confirm whether you killed kash, or are you still unsure?

I'm still unsure. I'm PGO, so if nobody else did it!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Kash was not in this game

Well not anymore.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HA!

Looks like Kash was a flavor kill. Well uh, don't target me anybody.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I'll accept the narrative that we did a great rolling start

Agreed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somber I promise you only one post of mine is a goof.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Is it this one?

Bingo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

on D1 only I get to be town you can be purple

Can you please you my proper name to avoid confusion, it's =IFERROR(SUM(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())/TODAY()), SUM(RAND()*RAND()/RAND()))

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

What an unusual suggestion.

##vote RF

Yep, struck me too.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

KB I don't really have reasoning beyond gut and I said that here:

CCKeane posted:

Look this is where I shoot from *points to hip* I shoot from the hip, Bif.

Like, I guess if you want me to hire some analysts we can pour over the details of my life that lead to such a feeling, but you're not going to get in depth analysis day one and that's how it goes.

YT is weird and I'd vote him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Ah, I assumed that was about the other question, since gut is normally reserved for scum calls.

So to confirm, you are saying your gut makes you think my reaction is weird?

FWIW, if that is the case, THAT seems weird to me. :)

I mean, that's fine, I thought it was pretty clear but okay.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm feeling Somber strongly as town atm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

##vote b-minus1

I'll support you, friend Somber.

##vote b-minus1

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello nobody visited me last night thank you god bless.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hi everybody I'm countering fisk because I am effectively BP with my PGO cool.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Well okay maybe I should read more first.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Did you read the thread?

Did you read my next post or did you shoot from the hip you hipshooter smh smh and your impatience.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm kind of bothered that after a huge back and forth Kasu got voted kinda outta nowhere.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

every vote on him is hot garbage

I agree, I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'm more caught up now and I believe Bif but I don't disbelieve Taste.

What's your take on KB's vote on Kasu?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

tbc for the uninvolved these fence sitters actually believe there is both a superjailer and a doc in a 13 player game

And a PGO!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, look at this garbage too. Keane still on my list for a reason.

"I don't want to waste my fake vote on KB unless it has some support. Let me dabble with this and see where it goes before I commit."

I tend not to vote quickly, because I don't have the hubris of some other posters.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Instead of just linking I'll try and do a tl;dr recap

* My role is a jailer, where I can choose whether I wish to kill my target. (it reminds me of the variant where you get a temporary masonry with the prisoner, so you can decide whether or not to kill them, but I don't get that cool part. i just gotta pick murder or no murder.)

* Last night I didn't feel certain enough to jump to killing anybody yet, so I jailed more defensively: I picked Birdstrike cause he'd participated well, I liked his reads on Somber, YT and Kasu and thought he sounded town (and if i was wrong well, he gets blocked so there)

* No deaths last night, and Fisk shows up all "hey I was BP and scum tried to kill me but failed". I hint that this isn't the only possible explanation, but ask if he's been actually notified of his BP going off cause that'd make it pretty clear. Fisk dodges the question and says he's just pretty sure it was him. This sounds like bullshit to me since why would he assume that confidently that he was the target? When there's easy alternate explanations out there like a doc or block? I'd see Birdstrike as a much likelier target than Fisk and get worried that Fisk is trying to muddy the waters and claim false town cred. To check my memory, I re-read Fisk and it doesn't take long. He had only one single post where he made actual reads, maybe a couple more with very light opinions but not stating a case. And he didn't cast a single vote until it was crunch time on binus.

* I try and see if I could get Fisk lunched without having to out my role, by making this case on him:

to mildly criticize one of YT's posts. If YT is in fact scum, this would be some nice tame distancing.

Then he had this post which is the entirety of all his actual reads D1:

He never cast a single vote all day until he voted b-minus to help secure that lunch.

And now he thinks the scum wanna kill him? I think it's far more likely the scum got blocked or the target got doc'ed, and he's trying to make the most of it.

* Kasu chimes in all "this is more scumhunting than town Fisk usually does!" :iceburn: Fisk then OMGUSes me hard. He jumps right to calling me desperate before he even casts the first vote on me. And at every single turn he's framing things in a dodgy way or misrepresenting my posts. He tried to imply that I was arguing he had a "gotcha" claim on KB with his night actions when I did no such thing, I just criticized him for having only 1 post with reads, and his KB case was a mere gut read at that with no further effort or explanation. He tried to imply I was rolefishing about what he'd already come forward to claim, while constantly insisting how there was no counter evidence against his claim, just baiting me to come out with it.

* Kasu once again backs up his bud Fisk, and so far the thread tone seems to not be promising and it's already dragging out into a huge slapfight, so I claim. Fisk then decides to up his claim from BP to town doctor, who self-protected. Surprisingly, Kasu who thought the BP claim was too early or too risky for Fisk has no problem with him proving it was a gambit all along, and has no problem with believing I'm doing a much more outlandish lie for even less reason.

* Birb goofs around like usual to claim he's barely reading the thread and refuses to confirm he was blocked, though eventually he says he believes me. Doesn't give me a good feeling what with his earlier ninja-edited-out post.

* I would like to lunch Kasu instead today since I'm still pretty sure about him being scum, but not AS sure as Fisk, who I can then attempt to murder tonight.
[/quote]

Why are you more sure on Kasu than Fisk? How would Kasu's flip inform your opinion on Fisk?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

* Kasu chimes in all "this is more scumhunting than town Fisk usually does!" :iceburn: Fisk then OMGUSes me hard. He jumps right to calling me desperate before he even casts the first vote on me. And at every single turn he's framing things in a dodgy way or misrepresenting my posts. He tried to imply that I was arguing he had a "gotcha" claim on KB with his night actions when I did no such thing, I just criticized him for having only 1 post with reads, and his KB case was a mere gut read at that with no further effort or explanation. He tried to imply I was rolefishing about what he'd already come forward to claim, while constantly insisting how there was no counter evidence against his claim, just baiting me to come out with it.

* Kasu once again backs up his bud Fisk, and so far the thread tone seems to not be promising and it's already dragging out into a huge slapfight, so I claim. Fisk then decides to up his claim from BP to town doctor, who self-protected. Surprisingly, Kasu who thought the BP claim was too early or too risky for Fisk has no problem with him proving it was a gambit all along, and has no problem with believing I'm doing a much more outlandish lie for even less reason.

* Birb goofs around like usual to claim he's barely reading the thread and refuses to confirm he was blocked, though eventually he says he believes me. Doesn't give me a good feeling what with his earlier ninja-edited-out post.

* I would like to lunch Kasu instead today since I'm still pretty sure about him being scum, but not AS sure as Fisk, who I can then attempt to murder tonight.

Why are you more sure on Kasu than Fisk? How would Kasu's flip inform your opinion on Fisk?
[/quote]

I don't know how this happened but I'm tripling down.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

looks like you figured it out now - I am not more sure about Kasu than Fisk, but I still feel fairly sure now that Kasu is scum based on how dodgy all his defenses of Fisk have sounded today. So I'd be happy to lunch him today instead of Fisk, that way I can save my murder attempt for the one I feel most absolutely confident about, and save myself some potential embarrassment and a likely mislunch if I was wrong about somebody else.

If Kasu flipped scum I'd just continue to believe Fisk is also scum. If Kasu flipped town I'd be very surprised, but it wouldn't convince me that I'm wrong about Fisk. It's hardly the first time town would've bought into really bad arguments against me.

My opinion on Fisk could only be changed by Fisk himself. ...or maybe a hypothetical daycop but I'd still feel pretty suss until they flipped.

Assuming the reverse, how would your opinion of Kasu be affected by Fisk's flip?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also it is MASSIVELY weird to vote your #2 instead of your #1 for the reasons you listed. Is there something else at work here?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I just don't wanna be all "please give me a chance to prove my role tonight" and then maybe fuckin blow it :v:

also if people are worried about Fisk maybe being the doctor, he gets a chance to defend himself if it's real! :buddy:

Can you elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I understand that people are gonna be all :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: when it comes to lunching a claimed doctor no matter how dodgy his posting may be, so why not just try and prove my role tonight instead of forcing the decision today? If he really is a doctor who can self-protect, he can just go on doing it like he claims he successfully did last night, right?

I thought you were a jailor (protect/rb), but I'll admit my eyes glazed over a bit for the last couple of exchanges.

Wouldn't your role block fisk from protecting himself?

• Locked thread